Medical Therapy Doesn't Work

Daize

6. All our end game gear is itemized for aclarity, but really only have one heal ability where it is useful and even that is questionable due to our energy mechanic.

This I am particularly bothered about as I am worried it will never be fixed. It is dead obvious that our best stats after cunning/power are crit and surge. Alacrity is almost a total waste. I just do not understand how they could get that wrong.

...in general I only disagreed with the terms you used.

If we do not have one already Amiable, you should make a thread listing all the things that need fixing re Op Med

... oh and I am the OP so you quoted me my own thread :p

Edited by Daize

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...in general I only disagreed with the terms you used.

If we do not have one already Amiable, you should make a thread listing all the things that need fixing re Op Med

... oh and I am the OP so you quoted me my own thread :p

Ha! I did post a thread in general to ask if healing balance was going to be looked at generally and I made some of the same points:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=229281

But thread disappeared into the ether almost immediately.

Maybe I am framing the issue wrong. It isn't that we are bad per se, it is that consulars/SI's are so much better. In a lot of ways trooper mechanics suffer from the same issues we deal with (albeit to a lesser extent because they are more hard-cast based, and their weak heal is very mobile whereas ours is not).

The other concern is where the heck do we even bring the issue up? It seems to me a lot of devs aren't going to be hanging out on a sub forum of a sub forum of a sub forum, but if we put it in general it is going to be immediately moved over here. We need to frame this in the context of healing issues globally if we want to get any attention.

Oh and I agree with you totally on the alacrity thing. It's on ALL of our PvP and PvE gear so our options are:

Grab the DPS set which has accuracy which is even more useless for us or replace the mods in our gear with those prioritizing power/crt/surge (that's what I do).

It just sticks up my craw because it makes me feel like the devs created healing gear solely based on consulars/SI's and then copy-pasted it into the other classes without giving it any more thought than that.

We are talking about Medical Therapy which "Increases the healing dealt by periodic effects by [5 / 10]% and Surgical Probe by [3 / 6]%." This means ALL healing from HoTs and SP.

The critical healing bonus thing is Accomplished Doctor, which works fine.

Im some what happy knowing a talent is broken...bc once its fixed it will like a nice buff to my heals!!

That is just because PvE content is too easy, not that the classes are equal in regards to healing power. It's like Biochem, you don't need it to raid, but if it helps then why not? And if you feel the AOE heals are balanced between Sorc/Sage and Scoundrel/Agent then I don't know what to say..

I never said ae heals were balanced, nor do I think they should be. I don't remember Bioware ever stating that to satisfy whiners each class would have the same heal abilities with different names.

So we don't ae heal (at all in my case because I refuse to buy RN), get over it already. It's not needed so why whine about it?

Reported this in game and respecced to take Evasive Imperative instead. Tested that, and it's also broken and does not give any movement speed increase when you activate Evasion. I'm running out of non-bugged abilities to take in the Medicine tree...

Reported this in game and respecced to take Evasive Imperative instead. Tested that, and it's also broken and does not give any movement speed increase when you activate Evasion. I'm running out of non-bugged abilities to take in the Medicine tree...

if you tested this, please make a new thread about this. We need fixes, and we only get fixes if we get attention

Honestly I'm at the point of rolling a sorc. I love my IA, been healing from day one, but what's the point of playing a class that's so inferior to another...

I could have a pushback, combat sprint, and the best aoe heal. :/

I really hope they start seeing this, and fix it. When I get home it's ticket time.

Edited by Hewenttojared

It really doesn't need fixing 'that badly'. It's a TINY increase in healing.

I'm a medic op and a bit of extra healing always is rawrsome, but trying to claim it as some class breaking game destroying bug is ridiculous. A fix would be nice but if I have to wait a month for it I'm not gonna pop a lung or start wiping raids due to lack of heals ..

I have healed all the content (save nm raids) and so you are correct it CAN be done, but if you are arguing that we can put up the same healing numbers regularly as sorcs/troopers you are just fooling yourself.

It's clear that those classes are better healers and that some of our abilities don't work hence the euphemism "hilariously broken." Now I respect you may have a different opinion than me but, allow me to lay out me case as to why I made that statement:

1. Certain healing talents are buggy and do not work:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=220909

2. Our group AOE heal (and the mercs) is far inferior JC/SI's, (although mercs/troopers have a pretty good case for them being bad as well).

3. We lack mobility and viable escape mechanisms in PvP. Eg: our vanish makes us entirely useless for 10 seconds, it makes more sense to just die and run back, while we do have "on the move heals int he form of hots and SP, they are overall pretty weak, requiring us to sacrifice mobility and hardcast if we want to put out decent healing numbers. We have no knockback or sprint to help escape.

4. Some End game guilds are taking JC's/SI's over other healer's especially IA's

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=219491&page=5

5. Our hot's and diagnostic scan are overall very weak.

6. All our end game gear is itemized for aclarity, but really only have one heal ability where it is useful and even that is questionable due to our energy mechanic.

It just feels like Bioware hasn't really thought IA/smuggler healing through, hence broken.

Chill.

This is thumbs up !!! OMG !!! DEVS CAN YOU READ US...

Edited by Saella

Bump for great justice!

This fix is needed. Badly.

Don't bump report. yesterday they released their bug priority triage decision process. Items that generate lots of customer service reports get prioritized up. Absolutely NOTHING about forums feedback.

If you don't bug this in game don't expect a fix. We already have a shortstick with a low population which means it negatively impacts fewer than a sorc bug would and their stated process would therefore prioritize a sorc fix over us.

Be vocal report in game get it noticed. Posting here seems likely to be worthless except to coordinate in game bug reports. I'ld suggest after every weekly patch.

Got a response for my ticket today. It said that they are aware of the bug and are working on fixing it. A fix was not in the 1.1.2 patch notes though....

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

If this acknowledgement of the bug is true then my faith in BW has been slightly restored..

Any other confirmations?