UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, that's nothing. I bought the CE on the 21st, but there was a misunderstanding with my retailer, so I didn't get my code until mid-September. Redeemed it on the 15th.

Kind of sucks, but not much I can do about it now anyways. On a positive note - if the waves are increasing, and everyone that pre-ordered in July (highest numbers) are in by the end of today. August/Sept will likely get in sometime tomorrow. (less pre-orders compared to end of july.)

- Elim

I'll match that, preordered through Best Buy 8/1, 12/1 the cancelled and restarted my order because I still didn't have the preorder code, recieved code the 2nd and it registered as the 3rd. From many different forums this appears pretty standard with the CE through them. So now I get to listen to some friends who ordered the cheap versions after me talk about playing now.

Pay more for the CE advantages to start later... not working out so well.

I like the way you think! I hope you're right. In particular, I hope you're right that the 21st of July was the most popular pre-order-registration day, because if so, we 23rds have a chance. :)

I think 23 is probably gonna get in with probably the 3rd and 4th waves...

I Know for sure some 22s got in with the second, and you just KNOW there were more on the 21 than the 22, so...

I don't understand how in knowing how many preorders they had between July and November for ... well.. months now, cumulatively - they couldn't have been more prepared to let the vast majority of preorders in the first day - even the november / december people.

the whole "wave" thing in diminishing server load / impact is a moot point on the 19th - since they've said they're taking the servers down @ 22:00 for the official launch @ 00:00 on the 20th..

What? Are they going to force everyone both having been in early access and those who weren't to all join in 2 hour waves over a few days too?

Good luck having that go over well. Good luck not immediately losing a palpable chunk of interest, enthusiasm, and excitement over that..

Shoot, this whole early access rolling entry thing isn't going over well with a great many people already. I would have never thought a company like Bioware/EA who has spent the most amount of money on any MMORPG production to date would not be capable of handling their PRE-ORDER customers within 3 hours on early-launch day.

Makes no sense.

Just had a thought about people that are getting in apparently having registered on the 22nd July, yet people who registered on the 21st haven't. Timezones.

Midday on the 22nd in Australia would still be well before the 21st had ended in Western US. So people who have got in on the 22nd may have registered before you on the 21st due to timezones. Even people who registered early morning European time on the 22nd (for them) could be before those who registered late evening 21st in the US.

Shoot, this whole early access rolling entry thing isn't going over well with a great many people already. I would have never thought a company like Bioware/EA who has spent the most amount of money on any MMORPG production to date would not be capable of handling their PRE-ORDER customers within 3 hours on early-launch day.

Makes no sense.

YUP... all i can say is... YUP!!

Just had a thought about people that are getting in apparently having registered on the 22nd July, yet people who registered on the 21st haven't. Timezones.

Midday on the 22nd in Australia would still be well before the 21st had ended in Western US. So people who have got in on the 22nd may have registered before you on the 21st due to timezones. Even people who registered early morning European time on the 22nd (for them) could be before those who registered late evening 21st in the US.

This is quite possible. I'm a US ex-pat living/working in Australia and I redeemed, as per the site, on the 22nd. I redeemed my code on July 23 0700am~ my local time which would of been 0530pm EDT on the 22nd in the US.

Just some info for others to ponder I guess.

I pre-ordered 5 days ago, yet I still think, that we all get in until the 15th. This whole wave-concept is really stupid, I'd prefer the que system, where you have to wait some hours or whatever to login. They did a stress test for what ? They know that their servers are capable of holding large amounts of people and yet they still do it so slow and in stupid waves, based on when some nerd redeemed his code.

I pre-ordered 5 days ago, yet I still think, that we all get in until the 15th. This whole wave-concept is really stupid, I'd prefer the que system, where you have to wait some hours or whatever to login. They did a stress test for what ? They know that their servers are capable of holding large amounts of people and yet they still do it so slow and in stupid waves, based on when some nerd redeemed his code.

what makes it so bad in my case is.. the delay im having now waiting on entry is because my retailer ran out of codes and i didnt get mine til late oct. This shouldnt be held against me.. yet here i am.. no early acces on the waves because of gamestop =(