UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that BioWare doesn't want to give out too many specifics on their thoughts/implementation behind the rolling early access. However, some information would be greatly appreciated. i.e. how many waves of invites are going out today, and how far are they spaced apart? Are the number of invites per wave going to remain the same, or will the number grow with each wave? ANY info would be GREAT!!!

Try these 2 links

and

hope that helps

My friend just registered hers last night. I'm thinking the people that just registered within the last few days probably won't play for a couple of days. I registered my code on July 28th and I'm still waiting for mine. I hope I get it today or tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

I pre-ordered the digital copy as soon as it was available. I did NOT get an e-mail for early access yet I am able to log in.

will people who entered the pre order code 3 days ago have a strong disadvantage over the others ????

30+ years of online gaming experience says yes, even a few hours earlier access makes an extreme difference with a new game launch or an expansion. Without expeption so far.

:( I lied to my COUNTY about having work today so I wouldn't have JURY DUTY so I could log in this morning and play. (lol)

I put my code in 7/26 .. nothing yet as of 09:07..

*whiiiiiiiine*

the way they are stating things on the twitter blog.. looks like 99% of the people wont get in for a few days.. just the select few from 7 21 and 7 22 today... already getting pissed at bioware and the game isnt even launched officially yet....

the next blizzard?

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

Soooooo basically if you didnt enter your code until october because of problems with getting the code from gamestop (like me) or later your SOL for today..

great... just freaking great

I could've told you that was probably gonna be the case last week.

There's always a huge spike the first day, and then it trails off over time.

The first day is probably only gonna be July and MAYBE part of august if they're lucky, I'm guessing.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

So umm.. wasnt the server stress test supposed to be like.. 2 weeks ago when it was in beta?

let us in.. if it crashes.. it crashes lol

The awkward moment when you check your email, seeing the words "Star Wars the Old Republic." and get happy thinking its early access email, only to realize its a subscription notification of the very thread that you are already looking at. -_-