UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

I think a lot of people are missing the equation here:

The purpose of the staggered access is to stagger the load across all servers.

According to that logic, I think there is another factor that may bump some ahead of others:

Guild affiliation, % of guild pre-registered, and how early they pre-registered.

That in addition to your pre-registration may make a difference.

This is because they know exactly where a guild member will go, to be with his friends.

Those un-affiliated may become rogue and go to an already populated or strained server.

Just my thoughts.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain i was in at 7:10am got to play for 30 minutes then had to go to work. Now i get to just post on the forums and wait for the end of the day to play again although i might play during lunch for a little bit.

...They should stop letting in people that have lives, and let the no-life nerds like me in.

Hey guys, i know everyone is eager to know when we are going to get access, i am too.. but one of the best ways to get visibility on what the dev's are doing and the answers they are providing is to keep an eye on the Dev Tracker, which tracks developers posts.. I.E. no excessive searching to find them.

So without gilding the ninny and any further ado... i give you.. the one.. the only.. the Dev Tracker link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

.. Hope it helps ease some of your anxiety :)

According to that logic, I think there is another factor that may bump some ahead of others:

Guild affiliation, % of guild pre-registered, and how early they pre-registered.

This is because they know exactly where a guild member will go, to be with his friends.

Those un-affiliated may become rogue and go to an already populated or strained server.

Just my thoughts.

They don't know for certain, as it's entirely possible that people registered with a guild months ago, and have drifted away from it since without bothering to change their affiliation on the site.

It happens.

Edited by Tiron_Raptor

Just my thoughts.

I have to completely disagree. Just because someone doesn't want to join a guild from the get-go doesn't mean they should be bumped down. BioWare has been good about everything so far. It wouldn't make sense that they would screw people out of extra days of early access because they didn't join a guild.

Hey guys, i know everyone is eager to know when we are going to get access, i am too.. but one of the best ways to get visibility on what the dev's are doing and the answers they are providing is to keep an eye on the Dev Tracker, which tracks developers posts.. I.E. no excessive searching to find them.

So without gilding the ninny and any further ado... i give you.. the one.. the only.. the Dev Tracker link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

.. Hope it helps ease some of your anxiety :)

Frak that, do https://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR and https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

I love and hate that this day has finally come, love it cause. . .well, what's not to love? Old Republic time! Hate it cause, I couldn't really get sleep. . . woke up at 11 p.m. pst. . .been awake ever since. I was on the site during the many maintenances, Forums going up before they had posts, patching game and all that crap. . .and of course checking emails. :p

Good luck to all trying to get in today, hoping I get in as well.

I really don't understand why they couldn't send out emails to everyone stating..."your early access begins on this date and at this time".

They know people are excited to play and some may not get early access for a few days. Making them wait around and wonder just seems a bit rediculous.

because sending 2 million emails at once would be ridiculous. Not to mention they probably dont have a definite schedual as to exactly when the next waves are coming. They probably base it off of server population as some accounts will receive an invite but not yet be able to play due to work, school, life, etc. Thousands of people are already b*tching like crazy about not being allowed in in the first 15 min. Could you imagine the whining if BW even emailed people and estimated date and time and then was not able to live up to it?

Edit* im pretty sure being in a guild does not bump you up in queue.

Edited by Kryptoniic

I have to completely disagree. Just because someone doesn't want to join a guild from the get-go doesn't mean they should be bumped down. BioWare has been good about everything so far. It wouldn't make sense that they would screw people out of extra days of early access because they didn't join a guild.

Not saying its fair, but just saying it helps balance. If a whole bunch of people who pre-ordered the same day may be disproportionate from server to server. Therefore some people will inevitably get bumped up and others a little slower thats all I am saying.

I assume you me CE not SE. I had that, but I think according to the Email GAME sent the won't arrive till the 15th. the tracker code works with Royal Mail Track and Trace, but I have no status on mine.

Anyone already picked a server they want to go on :p. The names are pretty cool.

Actualy GAME already sent my package im sitting here with my CE it actualy arrived before Early Access did today.

Although i have no early Access stupid GAME did not send out my codes until really late

(26th) because of some problems with the emails so im registered for 26.07.2011.

Edited by SecretAgentMan

I hate it i'm going to have to leave in an hour to take a couple finals, the possibility of getting in today is occupying my mind....

I always liked to listen to Linkin Park's "In The End" when I was going to fail a test. Good luck! lol

Well we just now got people from 7-22 saying they got in. I did mine on 7-22 but the site says 7-23 (must've been just after midnight or something), and I'm not in yet...

8-13 is probably gonna be awhile.

where does it say on the site what dates r getting in or u just going off the forums here?

I took the entire week off work just in case I get access. I also sent my two kids to their grandmother's so I don't have to bother with them all week (No distractions while playing!!!) I have my smart phone programmed to set an alarm when I get the email in case it comes in while I'm in the bathroom.

Just in case, I've also have my email forwarded to 4 friends so they can call me if I get access. In the mean time I'm going to sit and my desk and hit Get-New-Mail in Outlook Express.

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME