Best Solo Class?

Spagetto

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinetic Shadow/Darkness Assassin.

Not only are you an incredibly durable tank with a decent amount of self-healing and excellent single-target and AoE damage output, but you can stealth into area and CC mobs to speed up your questing.

I just got done soloing a Heroic-4 quest by stealthing through the area to the back of the cave, killing the boss enemy with the help of my companion, and stealthing out.

Earlier I completed another Heroic-4 area solo by stealthing into the area, Mind Mazing the enemies guarding the items I needed, and stealthing out.

So you can use stealth and CC to speed up your questing by avoiding trash pulls, and you can tank down a ton of encounters with the help of your healing companion. Your raw kill rate will be slower than using a DPS class, but you will be able to simply avoid a lot of needless fighting.

You also get some great escape abilities for when you overpull or get adds, two stuns, some powerful damage reduction cooldowns, and Force Pull to separate pulls.

Kinetic Shadow has been the best leveling experience I've had in any MMO. Usually stealth classes are made of paper and, though they can GET to quest objectives quickly, they cannot actually COMPLETE many of them because they cannot deal with tough enemies well. Playing a stealth tank with a healing companion resolves this issue nicely.

Not only are you an incredibly durable tank with a decent amount of self-healing and excellent single-target and AoE damage output, but you can stealth into area and CC mobs to speed up your questing.

I just got done soloing a Heroic-4 quest by stealthing through the area to the back of the cave, killing the boss enemy with the help of my companion, and stealthing out.

Earlier I completed another Heroic-4 area solo by stealthing into the area, Mind Mazing the enemies guarding the items I needed, and stealthing out.

So you can use stealth and CC to speed up your questing by avoiding trash pulls, and you can tank down a ton of encounters with the help of your healing companion. Your raw kill rate will be slower than using a DPS class, but you will be able to simply avoid a lot of needless fighting.

You also get some great escape abilities for when you overpull or get adds, two stuns, some powerful damage reduction cooldowns, and Force Pull to separate pulls.

Kinetic Shadow has been the best leveling experience I've had in any MMO. Usually stealth classes are made of paper and, though they can GET to quest objectives quickly, they cannot actually COMPLETE many of them because they cannot deal with tough enemies well. Playing a stealth tank with a healing companion resolves this issue nicely.

Which Heroic-4s were those? I'd be interested in trying them out on my Operative

Which Heroic-4s were those? I'd be interested in trying them out on my Operative

The first one was Terror Brigade on Hoth. There are actually 4 bosses to kill, but none of them were a challenge to me. I was able to stealth past the large elite pulls using Mind Maze, Blackout, and Force Speed.

The second one was the Area-4 quest on Hoth that is actually a chain. The first part involves killing groups of elites, but I handled that by taking on the smaller groups in the area by myself.

Mind you, I was several levels over these areas, but largely because I ran Flashpoints and do space combat every day.

The first one was Terror Brigade on Hoth. There are actually 4 bosses to kill, but none of them were a challenge to me. I was able to stealth past the large elite pulls using Mind Maze, Blackout, and Force Speed.

The second one was the Area-4 quest on Hoth that is actually a chain. The first part involves killing groups of elites, but I handled that by taking on the smaller groups in the area by myself.

Mind you, I was several levels over these areas, but largely because I ran Flashpoints and do space combat every day.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Anyone solos fine because companions make up for weaknesses and there is no downtime due to rest.

Trooper and BH might be a bit quicker since they can insta kill trash groups.

Soloing as a healer is also ez mode since you just heal yourself and companion.

I levelled as trooper medic and jorgan is actually very good dps and uses the same gear.

Playing a healer is also very good on pvp servers since I have been jumped many times and manage to keep myself up while my companion does tons of damage which many players do not expect.

The healer companions are actually pretty bad in pvp.

What's a Kinetic shadow ? I use a Deception Assassin and was thinking of going towards Darkness spec. How did you distribute your points ?

Thx

Anyone solos fine because companions make up for weaknesses and there is no downtime due to rest.

Trooper and BH might be a bit quicker since they can insta kill trash groups.

Soloing as a healer is also ez mode since you just heal yourself and companion.

I levelled as trooper medic and jorgan is actually very good dps and uses the same gear.

Playing a healer is also very good on pvp servers since I have been jumped many times and manage to keep myself up while my companion does tons of damage which many players do not expect.

The healer companions are actually pretty bad in pvp.

healer companions are bad in general imo. elora on my BH has downs so bad. and no matter how much i update her gear it seems like her heals dont heal for crap.

I have a Commando, Assassin, Sniper and Sage I have all rolled now trying to figure out which would work out best for me in the solo aspect. I am wondering, out of those classes which is the most "effective" at solo play. The only reason I am leaning against the Sage is because at which the speed it takes to kill elites. Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated :)

healer companions are bad in general imo. elora on my BH has downs so bad. and no matter how much i update her gear it seems like her heals dont heal for crap.

All the healer companions suck except one. Quinn for the sith warrior. All the healer npc's have a heal over time. At around level 22 the heal over time on commando and BH does like 55-65 heal every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. At level 22 on sith marauder quinn's heal over time does 150-220 every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. Plus he does great damage.

Either quinn needs to get nerfed or the other ones need to get buffed.

• 3 weeks later...
All the healer companions suck except one. Quinn for the sith warrior. All the healer npc's have a heal over time. At around level 22 the heal over time on commando and BH does like 55-65 heal every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. At level 22 on sith marauder quinn's heal over time does 150-220 every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. Plus he does great damage.

that is wrong .. lol i am lvl 29 juggernaught and quinns heal only does like 60 every 3 seconds ... the tooltip says more but it doesnt do it and doesnt scale with gear and level.

Quinn tool tip bugged he heals the same amount as any other healer as long as they have equivalent gear.

The reason people think Quinn is better I think is because they are comparing him to healers you get earlier Mako etc who by that stage of the game will be behind Quinn in the gear stakes.

• 2 weeks later...

what a lie, quinn is a crap healer, he heals no where near that much at 22, and ***? *he does great dmg* ???? no... he dosent.. he is even worse at dmg than healing... how can u say that?

• 3 weeks later...

About to hit lvl 50 as Sith Juggernaut - have mostly all orange gear except for belt and bracers (blue) modded pretty well and always carry fortitude stim to add to endurance. At lvl 49 and with gear and fortitude stim just under 15000 - have used combo of Galactic Market and commendations to get as high endurance as possible - haven't used Corellia commendations yet, and started off Dark Side in very beginning, now almost at Lvl IV Light side - I say this because I feel like getting the highest endurance relics have helped (heavy solo - looking forward to finishing class story, doing dailies and then possibly finding a guild to join). I am using Diplomacy to help get it even higher (although its painfully slow trying it this way and is the only other way I use the other 4 companions)

I've stuck with Vette the whole way through - she is at almost all orange gear except for belt bracers (blue) and have focused on getting her high endurance/high aim via hybrid quest rewards, mods vendors and galactic trade market - or basically when I get something better I give her my old stuff

I've always mostly been a solo dude as my time is limited but am really looking forward to see how high my endurance can go after class quest.

Question - what is the best endurance lightsaber crystal out there when just soloing? I currently have a +31 Endurance Advanced Intrep Orange Crystal. Sometimes I see the +33 Magenta on sale at market for 300,000 - but that isn't worth spending for a slight increase

• 1 month later...

I have solo'd the game twice now. My impression is that any class can solo - the game doesn't seem that hard and with rest xp you will outlevel content. Some classes will be able to do Heroic 2+ and 4+ while others it is not worth the effort. Stealth does help in some cases, but stun/interrupts and cc abilities are really important as well. For very difficult mobs the ability to interrupt is important to keep the high dmg attacks to a minimum and stop heals. Its also useful to have an 8 second stun to allow healing to catch up if you're in trouble and a 60 sec stun to turn a 2v1 fight into 1v1.

My first toon was a Sith Assassin tank. I generally played with Andronikos. His DPS was higher than mine as I focused on endurance. If I were killing Champions I would use Talos. Otherwise I would generally be able to make it through fights just fine with the small heals a Sith Assassin gets.

The second solo toon I have is a Sawbones Scoundrel. I am using Corso all the way. I let him tank one mob while I tank another. 10 second shield is great. Leveling is very easy so long as I keep the HoTs running (which procs Upper Hand) and I generally will have no down time between fights. I have not stopped to do any heroics with this guy. I have found that overall my DPS is lower than what I'd like because I cannot keep up with good equipment. I generally try and go with purple weapons because particularly above level 30 the dmg difference is huge. However, my server is so lowly populated that there have been barely anything to purchase between level 35 and 47. Usually there are about 10 people or less on the planet I'm on, and around 15 on the fleet. Kind of sad.

I also have a Combat Medic who I've done Heroic 2+'s with. He cannot stealth but he has a 60 sec in combat CC as well as stun and knockback. The knockback is kind of tricky since its AOE. I use Aric. Dmg on this toon is much higher than scoundrel. I've made it through a fight with 3 elites and 1 silver star guy before (one CC'd and just tanked the rest). Most bosses I've encountered cannot kill me - the problem is DPS and keeping companion up.

Edited by Porvalsh

Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer is pretty good for soloing. The first companion they get is a melee tank, and the player can do respectable ranged DPS as well as bubble/heal their tank.

^^This.^^

I've pwned with relative ease with my 12/10/13 Corruption/Madness hybrid Sorc. Raining down lightning on peons, best caster, great companions (Khem, Ashara, Talos).

FTW.

Healing operative/smuggler + DPS companion. Leveling I could solo every 4 man (except one or two, one on Voss i think was bad). I can solo all of the end game daily quests including the new 4 man. Also the best looking ship. Style is important.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a slightly new take on this question. At level 50, what character class and companion combination can kill the toughest mobs? Please include an answer for the republic as that is what I intend to be for my first character.

*edit* I think I'll make a new post for this question.

Edited by Palerize
I had an idea.

• 4 weeks later...
vanguard because its fun and good for soloing, it may take longer though :rolleyes:

You know, I have a 8 toons so play all the classes that are different (meaning, I dont play both a vanguard and a powertech, etc) and Vanguard was the last I rolled and so far, I wish I would have played it sooner. Might be my favorite outside of Sniper, but sniper is not what you would call one of the best for solo PvE.

• 1 year later...

Iv'e done an unbelievable amount of testing on this, both theoretical and actual field testing.

As people have said before, any class can solo through all their class missions and any class can solo any mission designated for one player. Not sure, but i'm also pretty positive every class can solo heroic 2+'s as well. Where the real (and rewarding) challenge comes in is soloing flashpoints. Yes, that means the end game, not just in between. The two flashpoints i tested like crazy were The Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor. My first tests designated whether or not one would even be able to solo the mobs in the beginning; In Normal mode, a tank could not do this in any gear ( Sith Assassin used, healer companion). However, the healer could with a mix of Ilvl 146 and 126 gear (Scoundrel, roughly 50% 126 and 50%146, his companion ranged tank at all 124 gear). In Heroic mode, NEITHER could solo the initial mobs, and i will assume this applies to all classes ( as the fights weren't even close, the tank would be down before even one mob was at half health.)

However, i threw in the curveball of stealth, which will allow you to tactically pick and choose battles (a.k.a. bosses). Using this tool, both the assassin and the scoundrel could reach and defeat all the bosses on normal mode ( EXCEPTION: My assassin was NOT able to defeat Serevin. The healer companion could not heal himself and me to keep up with the damage. My scoundrel handled this fine.) On Hardmode, the Scoundrel appeared to have the distinct advantage. He could heal through tons of damage the boss was throwing out, both himself and the ranged tank companion. He could defeat Gork the Indomitable, A-14 & B-16, Jendo Krey, and Tregg by healing through the damage and moving his companion. My assassin could only defeat jendo, and that was by avoiding both his flame sweep and the missiles fired.

Mathematically, The scoundrel has the unbelievable advantage. Over a 2 minute period, I calculated the total amount of damage an Assassin could absorb in 50% 146 gear 50% 126 gear( with a companion at all 126 gear) at 408,589.68. This includes ALL cooldowns, medpacs, healer healing, and skill healing, as well as mitigation and critical strike rating. In FAR inferior gear( NO implants, relics, all 126 level gear), a scoundrel could handle 422,227.84 damage per 2 minutes, NOT including medpacs.

Thus, for the total idealist looking to solo the hardest possible challenges... the answer seems to lie with the scoundrel/operative classes.

Edited by Dellilon