[Orange gear]: Can u level it to 50?

Lyphe

Had a quick question about orange quality gear.

I know you can upgrade it with better mods, but will early orange gear keep pace with orange level gear you get later on? If I get an orange helm that I really like the look of at level 30 ... will I be able to mod it up like a level 50 orange helm as long as I upgrade the mods, or will it have less armor?

Any help muchly appreciated and cheers.

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: think of orange gear as just empty shells. The only thing that matters is the armor type (light, medium, heavy) which gives a base number, different for each type. The base number is multiplied (modified) by the stats on the mods.

The armor value of a piece of custom (orange) armor is determined by the mod in it called "armoring" -- as long as you keep this at level with you, your gear stays useful. This is altered by whether the armor is light, medium, or heavy, but otherwise it's all about the armoring.

In blasters the damage is controlled by the "barrel" and in lightsabers it is set by the "hilt."

Orange Gear is great all the way up to 50... but at lvl 50 the Purples that drop in hardmodes and operations have the base value "baked in". You could pull the mods and enhancements (even some color crystals) out of the gear, but you could not pull out the armor/barrel/hilt mods. So your orange gear will be stuck at lvl 51 (rating around 124ish) while the Columi gear is rating 136.

That is why you see people in some ugly ***** gear at lvl 50.. the bonuses of the gear far outweigh the bad look.

Orange Gear is great all the way up to 50... but at lvl 50 the Purples that drop in hardmodes and operations have the base value "baked in". You could pull the mods and enhancements (even some color crystals) out of the gear, but you could not pull out the armor/barrel/hilt mods. So your orange gear will be stuck at lvl 51 (rating around 124ish) while the Columi gear is rating 136.

That is why you see people in some ugly ***** gear at lvl 50.. the bonuses of the gear far outweigh the bad look.

That will be changing soon. You will be able to pull out all the mods, but they will be type locked. So you can remove the armorning from a Rakata chest piece, but it will only be useable in another chest piece. Not sure when this change is coming, but hopefully somewhat soon. You will also be able to transfer set bonuses from high level gear in the same way.

That will be changing soon. You will be able to pull out all the mods, but they will be type locked. So you can remove the armorning from a Rakata chest piece, but it will only be useable in another chest piece. Not sure when this change is coming, but hopefully somewhat soon. You will also be able to transfer set bonuses from high level gear in the same way.

Will it include the ex*****ve cost of removing them as well? I am not usre if this increases with the "quality" of the mods/enhancements but at low levels it was quite expensive to do so.

Will it include the ex*****ve cost of removing them as well? I am not usre if this increases with the "quality" of the mods/enhancements but at low levels it was quite expensive to do so.

I laughed when i figured out the typo that caused the censoring in your post.

Probably yes. That cost is there to offset the fact that you are able to use basically the same armor the entire game. Small price to pay, IMO.

I laughed when i figured out the typo that caused the censoring in your post.

Probably yes. That cost is there to offset the fact that you are able to use basically the same armor the entire game. Small price to pay, IMO.

LOL I have just noticed that as well it took a second or so to click! Yes should read expensive and not the male reproductive organ :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.