Underplayed classes and why?

yaxinn

I've only just started to see some reasonably played scoundrels for pvp on my server.

Out of the top players I've gone against, I'd have to say my most difficult battles are against a sniper, then I believe it's the Guardian afterwards. ( Probably the most skilled melee i've come across.)

Most every other class is either managing to slip away or are unkillable. (like the powertech.... there's this one fella, just give him the ball, even if he's not on your team.)

Yeah, Scoundrel is really cool, but the combat animations and class design are a bit jumbled together. The Imperial Operative is the mirror class, but it's far more streamlined. The melee attacks are all vibroblade strikes (except for a rifle butt proc). On the other hand, the Scoundrel pistol whips, uses a shotgun, and then destroys people with his bare hands. It took me a long time to get used to that. I can totally get behind the idea of vibroblades demolishing people, monsters, and steel-reinforced droids. Bare hands... not so much. I like the idea of the gunslinger who actually uses his blasters for more than plink shots, but every time I play one, I find myself missing stealth and not feeling very "smugglery." I would probably be happiest if BW made the Scoundrel Dirty Fighting spec a true midrange class rather than the energy hog, low damage, melee range spec that it completely overshadowed by Scrapper.