The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics Vanguards Final Ability.

Daecollo

If by lackluster you mean absolutely amazing, sure.

- One of the best scaling damage abilities in the game.

- Delayed damage is good damage. Double 4k+ crits on the exact same global makes a healer's life flash before their eyes.

- Compare it to the 31 point talent in Tactics. Trust me, ours is better.

If by lackluster you mean absolutely amazing, sure.

- One of the best scaling damage abilities in the game.

- Delayed damage is good damage. Double 4k+ crits on the exact same global makes a healer's life flash before their eyes.

- Compare it to the 31 point talent in Tactics. Trust me, ours is better.

Opps... I meant Tactics not Assault.

Fire Pulse is Worthless, its Basicly Ion Pulse that costs 1 less Ammo, and ammo isn't a big problem in the tree.

Edited by Daecollo

Opps... I meant Tactics not Assault.

Fire Pulse is Worthless, its Basicly Ion Pulse that costs 1 less Ammo, and ammo isn't a big problem in the tree.

15 sec CD on Fire pulse. It does more damage than Ion. You can cast 10 things in 15 seconds.

10 Ion pulses vs 1 Fire pulse and 9 ion pulses. Which does more damage?

It is not "Basically" ion pulse. It is better. Most classes 31 point skill is on a 15 sec CD.

Edited by Lotusfreek

15 sec CD on Fire pulse. It does more damage than Ion. You can cast 10 things in 15 seconds.

10 Ion pulses vs 1 Fire pulse and 9 ion pulses. Which does more damage?

It is not "Basically" ion pulse. It is better. Most classes 31 point skill is on a 15 sec CD.

Ok.. so it does a bit more damage then Ion Pulse.

it doesn't scream "end Line."

Ok.. so it does a bit more damage then Ion Pulse.

it doesn't scream "end Line."

Go take a look at other classes 31 point. They don't scream "end line" either. Some are ok. Some are lackluster. I agree, fire pulse is lacking, but it is inline with the other classes 31 point talents.

Well Paint target kind of reminds me of "Tactics"... I mean Tactics sounds like a team player.

Funny how you don't have any tactical abilities in the tactics tree.

No Squad Leader type abilities.

Edited by Daecollo

Well Paint target kind of reminds me of "Tactics"... I mean Tactics sounds like a team player.

Funny how you don't have any tactical abilities in the tactics tree.

No Squad Leader type abilities.

You are "nit picking" now. If you want the tree name to reflect the abilities, tactics would sit in a small room with a radio, looking at maps and suggesting plans of attack instead of attacking anything.

In 1 thread, you complain about tactics DPS not being as high as commandos, then complain here that you would like a DPS ability replaced with a utility ability. Make up your mind.

Edited by Lotusfreek

You are "nit picking" now. If you want the tree name to reflect the abilities, tactics would sit in a small room with a radio, looking at maps and suggesting plans of attack instead of attacking anything.

Except a Vanguard is a Soldier whose first in the field.

"Tactical Vanguard" would be a squad leader type class, which the ability names reflect.

I would agree the skill is "lackluster" but I don't think it needs a major change. Maybe a slight boost, or some more synergy with the tree (outside the SS cost).

Also I just hate the name "fire pulse" sounds quite uncool. and tbh sounds like an ability that should be in assault tree.

Perhaps they could adjust it to be the same damage and just apply a small armor debuff for the duration. IE the superheated plasma applied by fire pulse incinerates the targets armor.

Edited by grandmasterub

I'm not sure what the issue is, it's a stronger version of Ion Pulse (mine does the same damage as Stock Strike) and the 5 abilities you need to skill in order to get it are actually useful unlike the other trees. Fire Pulse into Stock Strike is some really nice burst for only 1 ammo.