The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

Did they quote it though? You can make something similar but that does not mean at all they are competing with it. I never heard bioware say "We are making this game to take down and or compete with World of Warcraft"

Similar = competing by default. Its not something Bioware gets to 'choose', lol.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW was better than EQ/UO/AC at the time. In almost every way(EXCEPT endgame)....

It was especially better in the Humor department. I got a grin on release WoW more often than in any game previous.

Check that: Any multiplayer game previous. There have been some pretty funny single player games.

Won't bother with the rest, as you know we disagree there.

Edited by Gleneagle

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

WOW became inferior when cataclysm and the changes were released.

That's the day WOW died.

Edited by Fraxture

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

The praise they deserve is the subscribers and longevity of the game. They will never get it on the forums because the vast majority of people who visit the forums are those with problems and issues they want to be fixed or they want Bioware to be aware of. Some of those problems are brought forth maturely, many are brought forth immaturely.

By nature people are far more likely to raise a finger to point out a flaw, than raise their thumb to point out approval.

Edited by GamewizX

thank you bioware for givig me a game im enjoying , even if the cod generation wants it all now, i know the game will only get better,

thank you forum moderators for sifting thru all this gibberish so you can address (or try to) the real concerns and important stuff

thank you , most of all, haters, because one thing is true for all mmo games, the more haters it has on its boards , the more succesfull its doing, dont ask me why , but look at the rift boards, nothing but peace and quiet, yet here and wow all you see are trolls haters and people bashing each other over opinions, so bioware MUST be doing something right to bring so many trolls out of the woodwork

This is quite possibly the single most illogical, self-entitled, pointless troll thread I've ever seen.

First, the point of the forums is not to provide kudos back to Bioware for a good game. Like it alot? Buy a second copy. The point of the forums is provide constructive feedback and allow the devs to get a general feel of what is bothering the community to adjust it or explain why it doesn't need adjusting.

blah, blah, blah

Wow, so how is it your place in any way whatsoever to tell any of us how we can or cannot use these forums?

Talk about stirring up hate; try reading that block of ******** you just spewed out.

The praise they deserve is the subscribers and longevity of the game. They will never get it on the forums because the vast majority of people who visit the forums are those with problems and issues they want to be fixed or they want Bioware to be aware of. Some of those problems are brought forth maturely, many are brought forth immaturely.

By nature people are far more likely to raise a finger to point out a flaw, than raise their thumb to point out approval.

I think it's a bit early to praise the devs for longevity of the game, when it's been out for just over a month. Don't you?

The subscriber level is impressive, and they should indeed receive praise for selling that amount of copies at launch, just like how AOC and WAR receives praise for hitting their respective levels just after launch.....

I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at ;)

Edited by Tarka

I think it's a bit early to praise the devs for longevity of the game, when it's been out for just over a month. Don't you?

The subscriber level is impressive, and they should indeed receive praise for selling that amount of copies at launch, just like how AOC and WAR receives praise for hitting their respective levels just after launch.....

I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at ;)

I wasn't saying that the game has already achieved longevity, I'm saying that will become proof of their success and part of the praise received.

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

So one question Taurusaud. Whats your Job tittle at Activation Blizzard? or are you from a Marketing firm hired by them?

you have a lot of negative things to say and spent a lot of time writing posts.. the alternative to you doing it for money is much sadder.. is you life that sad?

Edited by Evilpuppy

You mean it's not perfect? No surprise there. At least it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who can figure out how to think.

You do realize the game is less than 2 months old right? Other mmorpgs stayed in development longer and were terrible during launch.

ya... YEARS AGO!!! Would you build a car with no tires today and say... eh, we will get the tires on some day!

Praise BW ok great story's.........ummm give me a minute.......... there must be something else?.........ok i'm really trying......great story's.

unfortunatly i'm finding too much that is breaking my imersion to the game, the list of bugs is just growing with each patch

The server insatbility when large numbers even eye each other up in ilium

no guild bank at start ( ok i realise this is coming at some point )

poor lottery for pvp gear

bad ilium design after alot of hype, (even basic idea's thrown about by players in ilium could make it so much better)

poor crafting system

poor gathering system ( if you had to collect the mat's for everything then you would find far more to do)

really bad AH

Mod system flawed if you want to have a certain look, as high end gear has inbuilt stats ( wardrobe? )

Space missions fun to do while lvling, but just don't touch at lvl 50

Unfortunatly swtor is like your ugly sister, you have a great fondness for her but without her having alot of work done, you know she is going to be pushed aside when something better looking comes along