Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Does anyone even bother to use Project in a PvE Raid rotation?

ChromeLight

I constantly use it as my primary DPS when I'm specced 31+ into seerer. Same damage as TK throw and with noble sacrifice procs... no problem with it being a bit of a force drain. If specced balance or TK though, I would probably stay away from it for the most part.

It's inefficient overall, but there are enough fights out there with the force regen breathing room to make it viable.

Movement combined with enough time between actual burn phases should be enough to make it worth using. The only fights I can think of that provide you with little to no breathing room are Annihilation Droid, Bonethrasher, Jarg/Sorno, and Karagga.

it does more average damage then disturbance and if you don't have a lot of alacrity both are limited by the GCD.

Its very useful in most of the raid fights since there is almost always things you need to avoid which means you are moving a lot and the only attack you can reliably use is Project.

Does it provide an overall damage increase over the other talents you can get instead... well that I won't know unless they give us a combat log.

I'm speaking from a TK spec of (0/31/10), I took it since I noticed I was running around a lot and not being able to do any damage in a lot of fights.

So 3/3 Upheaval is a filler? and Project is dps inefficient?

You'll use it when on the move with other instants on cooldown or already applied to the target. There's movement involved in almost every endgame fight. So while the answer to the title is no, the answer to your question in the OP is also no. You want this talent to do more dps on the move during raids.

Well just theorycrafting due to the crit improving every spell in my rotation rather than a single spell that sees rare use over an entire operation.

Obviously though that depends on your spec. The points in upheaval often can't be discarded for use in something else.

If you're Full TK you shouldn't be taking upheaval. If you're Seer you shouldn't. If you're Balance Hybrid or Full Balance you're stuck with it as there's no other talent that you can take to increase your dps and still have 20+ points in the tree.

Edited by Khadroth

Depends on your spec, I suppose.

If you have zero cooldown on TK Throw, you may as well use that. I like Project as an opener though, since it stuns for 2s against normal mobs.

I'm a healer, so obviously I'm not focusing on huge DPS, but if I have room to deal damage since nobody needs to be healed urgently, Project is my go-to ability, for all the reasons already stated, specifically that I can use it while on the move and that I can hit the button and then forget about it while I focus on other things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.