Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did they ever take action against the people who exploited Ilum?

Brad-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, it was BioWare's fault that allowed Ilum to be exploited. It wouldn't be fair to punish people because you were the original derp.

So by that logic, the people who robbed a store because the cameras were faulty shouldn't be held responsible for robbing the store?

They will do.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

"I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue."

"Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained."

Just wondering if there was going to be real action ...

Unknown. Insufficient information available, with the expectation that sufficient information will not be made available.

They will say "We have taken the necessary steps in order to maintain the customer experience" regardless of their actual actions or lack thereof. For them to do otherwise would be foolish.

As such, we have two choices:

• believe the press releases on the subject.
  • disbelieve the press releases on the subject.

Go with whichever one lets you be happy.

In a nutshell, nothing is going to happen.

Jeff Hickman is from Mythic/Dark Age of Camelot.

Yes THAT game. Where Radar was rampant for years and they did nothing about it until it was already too late (2005, a year after WoW and they bled subs).

So, nothing is going to happen here and they will quietly ignore it. Check in a couple of weeks when the repubs that exploited still have their rank.

I was in the rebel base while this was going on, I was healing some guild mates takign damage from gun, the game was so laggy fps 7-9 that i didnt even really understand what was going on, all i knew was that we were killing lots of rebels.

The crowd of players was about 70-100 imps, how can anyone expect to police that?

Ask yourself if the rebels had the faction advantage would anything be different?

This is just shifting the burden of blame, it lies squarly on the shoulders of the devs that did not listen to the warnings of the players that knew it would happen.

Can you imagine going over the logs and trying to punish indiviuals for any action, was i to blame? I did not attack anyone directly.

Was the players to the side of me that were in the raid ops def recieving valor but calling for us to back off culpable?

Best to leave this alone and the guy that posted people would be investigated and punished kept away from any ability to speak for the BW coders.

Right here:http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

"Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained."

They knew they weren't supposed to be able to sit in the enemy base. They exploited the lag issue and farmed it. They should all be suspended and have their valor points reset to zero. Surely the Streambase software they use can track how they got their points.

Right here:http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

You think thet are really going to pay people to investigate each individual case? You are clearly not a coder or know anything about the logistics pursuing this will entail.

The person that posted this response is ill informed.

The clusterbomb that would go off if people were punished would pale this one into insignificance.

You think thet are really going to pay people to investigate each individual case? You are clearly not a coder or know anything about the logistics pursuing this will entail.

The clusterbomb that would go off if people were punished would pale this one into insignificance.

oh so like, you work for Bioware and know whats going on then ???

Edited by Sakushi

http://www.informationweek.com/news/199902853

They will do.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

"I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue."

Translation: most will slip through the cracks and get away with it.

I don't find it unfair at all.

The server ratio of Repubs vs Imps are unfair.

There were no rules saying we couldn't go into the opposing teams base and kill their turrets or even spawn camp. And who is to tell us its wrong for working as PVP is intended by grouping up in mass groups? It isn't OUR fault that the Repubs have less people.

To me, I find it unfair due to they are going to punish the players because of the whiners who constantly complained about roll backs.

God, I hope the same situation doesn't apply to SOPA. Or we're screwed.

Edited by PunisherAS

When you hide behind a screen your true self emerges.

you don't have to put up any false act for some real life social situations, so you let your self go.

The liberated feeling can be addicting to a decent portion of the crowd.

So if you got some deep seeded personality dysfunctions, and to some extent, people that escape online do... you will loose control.

So what kind of people get online, use an exploit for greed and exploitation? Could the same people, be people that feel the real world has let them down?

Will they come to understand that in a virtual setting they become the very thing the hate in the real world?

When a person discovers a bug or exploit it becomes a "moral" choice to take advantage of it or not. Saying "everyone else is doing it", is kinda the same arguments that allow for mass murder in the real world.

Do what you want to do online, but know that there are people out there that are going to see who you really are deep down inside, and if I see you in a tent on wall street ill call you out as a fraud.

Did anything happen with full rewards for WFs that cancelled early at launch? Or anything happen with item/credit dupes? Its a PR way to make it seem like they are taking action, when in reality best case scenario would be the number 1 and 2 offender get a warning.

They have a lot of other things they need to fix as it is, and to think that they will individually go through every character that looked at Ilum is laughable.

Enjoy the game, or don't. But don't expect much action to be taken.