Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Do I lose my crew skill lvl if I unlearn it?

Yellowhead

Sorry if this question has been asked before and for being a n00b but as the title suggests, will I lose my lvls gain in a certain crew skill should I choose to unlearn it to learn another skill?

Basically I have 400 in Slicing but wish to take up Biochem/Analysis/Diplomacy, I don't really want to lose my lvl in Slicing if I wanted to switch back to it at a later date...

Anyone know?

Unfortunately, yes you do. I also had Splicing, and Treasure Hunting both in the 300s. As I just started doing Synthweaving and most of the item come from Archeology and Underworld Trading I decided the change my Crew Skills. I swapped them both out but check back with Splicing to see if I would keep the level i had, alas no level was 0. Edited by Apollo-Rayne

Ah poo :(

Oh well, I understand it could be abused but then again they could make it so you could only change back to a skill once a week or something like that so that it can't be abused too much maybe ;)

Guess I'll have to create crafting alts then...

Thx for the replies people :)

Abuse is still Abuse.

If you only beat your significant other for 30 minutes a night instead of 2 hours it is still abuse. Same thing as if they limited how often you could switch your professions with keeping your skill levels.

I bypass the downside of having crafting alts by the simple expedient of not having alts at all: I consider all of my characters to be main characters, and they get more or less equal time. The variety and flexibility is great, and I'm in no big hurry to get any of them to level 50. Edited by DrillThrall

Ah poo :(

Oh well, I understand it could be abused but then again they could make it so you could only change back to a skill once a week or something like that so that it can't be abused too much maybe ;)

Even if it were possible once a month, it wouldn't be a good thing from a business perspective. Electronic Arts/BioWare want people to continue subscribing for as long as possible. They are, after all, a for-profit company. They want us all to create alts and take our time leveling up. If you could switch between crafting skills once a week or once a month, it would be abuse no matter how you look at it.

Edited by BlackRifle

• 2 weeks later...
What about the schematics? I find it really bad that biochem has access to some powerful additions for pvp... I'd switch biochem now for I won't mind losing level in my crafting skill of artifice. The only thing i am afraid of is losing my current schematics. I have all advanced crystals and enhancements discovered, as well as magenta crystals...

• 1 month later...
xD i love the thought off this if it was reality, "hey frank, i dont wanna be a nascar driver anymore, i wanna make coffee tables" "well ok bob we just gotta make room for all the coffee table knowledge by getting rid of all the nascar knowledge" "wait what? frank how are we gonna do tha.." *SLAMS HEAD INTO COFFEE TABLE*:p Edited by Raynne_Mancor

xD i love the thought off this if it was reality, "hey frank, i dont wanna be a nascar driver anymore, i wanna make coffee tables" "well ok bob we just gotta make room for all the coffee table knowledge by getting rid of all the nascar knowledge" "wait what? frank how are we gonna do tha.." *SLAMS HEAD INTO COFFEE TABLE*:p

gameplay > realism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.