VERY concerned over population imbalance.

zorphon

So I am on Wound in the Force - West Coast PvP.

I noticed on the guild website, and from various people, that this server has like 2900 registered guilds for Empire, and 600 for Republic. Additionally, I made a Trooper (Who I intend on maining) and there were 22 people in the starter zone, versus over a hundred in the BH one. 33 people in Coruscant, versus over a hundred in Dromund Kaas.

I'm just extremely worried. Even look at the class forums, every single Empire class has more threads and posts than Republic class sections.

I'm extremely worried about population balance in this game, and specifically the server that I chose. Do you think they intend on allowing server transfers at some point when the game officially launches? I don't want to start all over as I have 7 hours of playtime already (doesn't seem like much, but I'd hate to start over), but I don't want to be on a server where the population is 7:1 ratio between Empire to Republic.

What should I do? I'm stressed out about this. To be honest, the imbalance in the factions is actually dampening my enjoyment out of the game. I wanted to go Republic, but to have 7 Imperials to every one of us members of the Republic, is just insane. :(

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry the teenagers will get swtor for christmas and roll Republic lol (I'm going to main a Gunslinger) I will do what i did in other games where i was surrounded by children and join a mature guild and boss he nooby kids around in pvp!

I was going to go, <-- dang that's horrible grammer

Imperialist

But now that I'm seeing how the population is shaking out, I'm definitely going Republic.

Profit off the imbalance! If there are 3 to 1 odds for empire, and you're republic, you will never have a wait in the PvP queues!

I did this in WoW and never regretted it!

This is the server Ruin rolled empire on. If you are not familar with them well google Dark Crag from warhammer. Basicaly they are a Huge guild. I think they have 1500+ in this game already. Ebonlore also rolled the same side as them for some reason. I would just get off that server now if I were you, it is going to be terrible. Edited by StugLyfe

don't worry the teenagers will get swtor for christmas and roll Republic lol (I'm going to main a Gunslinger) I will do what i did in other games where i was surrounded by children and join a mature guild and boss he nooby kids around in pvp!

teenagers want to be evil. they rill roll empire. this is the same reason we have more empire now.

Pretty certain most of the kiddies rolled empire in this one..... they like bright lights.

How do you guys feel population balance will be on RP-PvP servers?

My friends from WoW kind of wanted a PvP server, but if PvE servers are that much more balanced, I may have to switch. It just sucks I put in like 10 hours already, don't want to start all over on a new server, from scratch...

This is the server Ruin rolled empire on. If you are not familar with them well google Dark Crag from warhammer. Basicaly they are a Huge guild. I think they have 1500+ in this game already. Ebonlore also rolled the same side as them for some reason. I would just get off that server now if I were you, it is going to be terrible.

Good advice if that's the case...

More proof that you can't control server populations by staggered access :p It'll only get worse over time as populations deteriorate at different speeds and there are no character transfers setup; thereby negating any advantages to staggered access (:

This is the server Ruin rolled empire on. If you are not familar with them well google Dark Crag from warhammer. Basicaly they are a Huge guild. I think they have 1500+ in this game already. Ebonlore also rolled the same side as them for some reason. I would just get off that server now if I were you, it is going to be terrible.

I can not possibly see the point to being in a guild that has 1500+ members, you may as well just be in general chat with the rest of the server...lol

guild chat = general chat

So I am on Wound in the Force - West Coast PvP.

I noticed on the guild website, and from various people, that this server has like 2900 registered guilds for Empire, and 600 for Republic. Additionally, I made a Trooper (Who I intend on maining) and there were 22 people in the starter zone, versus over a hundred in the BH one. 33 people in Coruscant, versus over a hundred in Dromund Kaas.

I'm just extremely worried. Even look at the class forums, every single Empire class has more threads and posts than Republic class sections.

I'm extremely worried about population balance in this game, and specifically the server that I chose. Do you think they intend on allowing server transfers at some point when the game officially launches? I don't want to start all over as I have 7 hours of playtime already (doesn't seem like much, but I'd hate to start over), but I don't want to be on a server where the population is 7:1 ratio between Empire to Republic.

What should I do? I'm stressed out about this. To be honest, the imbalance in the factions is actually dampening my enjoyment out of the game. I wanted to go Republic, but to have 7 Imperials to every one of us members of the Republic, is just insane. :(

Bad news for you. I can confirm that at least 2 of the Republic guilds are rolling other servers.

note: Don't believe the website listings. maybe 20% of all listed guilds will keep the server they were assigned.

"Kids will all go Republic" is a myth. Only measure we had before this in an mmo was dare I mention it SWG. Only reason the Rebels had good numbers in that game was the floating rumor that becoming a Jedi was easier as a Rebel.

Believe it or not 3 things you need to keep in mind.

1. A lot of players will roll and level to 50 one of each class mainly for story.
  2. They may intentionally want to roll say Sith Warrior then they try out the smuggler and get hooked and that becomes their new main.
  3. After Launch Day with the droves and droves of players that buy from Dec 20th onwards quite a bit will roll Republic.

Then again... Everyone loves a bad*****.

Why would someone want 1500 members in their guild? Doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose lol... That is just over-the-top.