The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This games community is great.

Halofax

Id like to take a moment to defend this games community.

The forums are not the "community"

They are the website.

The community is on the servers enjoying/not enjoying the game.

Dont blame the whole cruise ship for the low lifes who sit by the pool crying.

I agree. Whenever I have asked for help when I was getting started there was always someone helpful who would help me with what I wanted such as locating the intergalactic market on corocent or even suggestions for classes when you get to level 10.

Very helpful community and love every moment of it.

I agree

These forums are wierd.

Everyone in my guild has said how bad these forums are people moaning about everything, even in /1 it's mostly fun helpful people and nobody seems to slate the game like these fourms would suggest.

Everyone I have played with so far as said how much they are enjoying it.

I think tbh once the people who keep threatening to "unsub" (very scary) have gone it will be better on the general forums.

:D

Edited by Tillycat

Id like to take a moment to defend this games community.

The forums are not the "community"

They are the website.

The community is on the servers enjoying/not enjoying the game.

Dont blame the whole cruise ship for the low lifes who sit by the pool crying.

Yeah, and ur just shy of 800 forum post already. Dont think those all came about cause you were in game being social and not trolling the forums doing the exact thing your crying about just now?

Only paying customers can play the game. If you are playing TOR then you paid for the month you are playing and are probably having fun.

Anyone can post on the forums once you sign up, meaning anyone can post anything claiming anything. Don't make the mistake of thinking these forums are representative of the community in the game.

Only paying customers can play the game. If you are playing TOR then you paid for the month you are playing and are probably having fun.

Anyone can post on the forums once you sign up, meaning anyone can post anything claiming anything. Don't make the mistake of thinking these forums are representative of the community in the game.

except they can't

except they can't

What do you mean they can't?

You are viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access.

Join now for free, and start interacting with The Old Republic community: ask questions, make replies, launch hot topics, communicate privately with other members, and access many other exclusive features.

straight from the forum selection page. why would i make that up

Yeah, and ur just shy of 800 forum post already. Dont think those all came about cause you were in game being social and not trolling the forums doing the exact thing your crying about just now?

LOL well said!

Blindly defending stuff is just as crazy and all the endless hating going on!

As for Gamining community

Its a mixed bag but think it starts getting better as of the 21st.

The first month was HORRID in game on any planet under Tatooine

Seemed like once you got past tat, the craziness and idots thinned out by ALLOT in game

Almost like the problem players couldnt be bothered to spend the little amount of time required to get past Tatooine.

But I suspect a good portion of those problem players will also quit now the free month up and starting Saturday the 21, the server communities should be better. But smaller!

I figure TOR will drop up to 40% of its subs in the next 2 months and then from that core base thats left, they will start working their way back up to their target goals.

If they hit them will depend entirely on what they put in game to keep people playing cause as of right now its far to easy to max out and get bored.

TOR needs that virtual carrot to keep players looking ahead rather then looking behind.

Players like Halo that forgive Bioware for everything and anything are VERY RARE when it starts costing money to play monthly. So Biowares gotta put in real time sinks that keep players playing for more then 2-3 weeks.

I said this to Darka back in 08 and I was shocked in beta to see this wasnt done. I thought Bioware would make sure it took a hardcore player playing 10 hours a day 2 months to max out (per class) so even the hardcores would be occupied for 16 months after release.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think TOR would allow a 2 week max out.

Anyways, went little of topic but the future key to community is getting players to stay. Right now we dont have that game for the majority of players out there. Thats something Bioware has to give to us, and soon.

But first step is and was getting to the actual subscription period where money trades hands. Its that point tmany trolls and baiters and problems players will up and disappear in game.

As for forums, requireing a active subscription to post will fix and eliminate 70-80% of the troll hating threads.

And with out the haters to feed off of, the fanbois will also stop posting

And all will be happy and peacefull in TORville :)

Class forums are really helpful; however, PVP and General, 90% is whining and complaining over nothing. Some good post such as that obnoxious delay bug are getting fixed.

I have a new forum rule: if you complain you must at least present 1 suggestion for improvement. (Yea dream on... I know)

What do you mean they can't?

You are viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access.

Join now for free, and start interacting with The Old Republic community: ask questions, make replies, launch hot topics, communicate privately with other members, and access many other exclusive features.

straight from the forum selection page. why would i make that up

Try it.