The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grapple in Huttball

Kalaesk

I like to time this, but its tough sometimes.. if a team is driving to our goal I tried to time my death do I can pull the ball carrier into the safe zone.. never gets old!

I have to agree that grapple fails when there is a bridge or corner between your target. and it fails.. we were on a 6-0 huttball run and I couldn't get the ball carrier because in mid-grapple I fell and a bridge got in the way, grapple failed.. :(

Edited by Jaysun

Had someone rage hardcore at me after i pulled them into the Huttball spawn twice, He started with whispers saying im bad gonna get band ect ect, Then went to fleet general and started saying im an exploiter and my guild is trash ect ect.

In short we had a really good laugh at him as my fellow friends egged him on. Also gave some good PR for the guild appose to the normal Type 4 twi'lek found dancing on the fleet.

Edited by MastaGigs

I actually got threatened by an Arsenal merc on the opposing team when I killed him. He then goes off how he 1v1 me and kills me every time when we fight.

But I laugh at him because we've never met before and all the fights we had in that instance of Huttball it was never 1v1.

So I just kept attacking him and grappling him into the fire.

My fave move is seeing a ball carrier coming down the ramp, targeting him and running past him. As I jump off the ledge I grapple him and bring him down into the bottom level below the ramps. I've saved many points doing that alone.

Dont stress. Nobody with a brain trusts anything anyone says in general!

edit: In the end whomever wins is the best/luckiest. heck even the announcer encourages cheating!

Philosophy Raptor: If the announcer says that cheating is encouraged, then why does Bioware patch the exploits?

Root effect of talented grapple will always work as long as the grapple is fired unless target is immune to snares. Pull effect might not occur if target cant be pulled due to lag/ability delay, one of many physic engine bugs. I am not 100% certain that targets afected by roots can be pulled.

From my experience short-stunned (think Electro Dart) targets cannot be grappled, but long-stunned (think Concussive Missile) and rooted targets can.

In addition, the grapple pull will always fail against targets with full resolve bars. This is likely why it consistently fails against players that are approaching the goal line since they have probably been CC'd constantly up until this point.

If anyone can definitively test what CC conditions the grapple pull works under, I think the forum would be appreciative.

Edited by Lezale

So whilst we still lost this game i played today I think i really got under this premades skin when on 3 seperate occasions they had their pretty little pass line set up. Then as the ball was mid pass (ie you could see the circle for where it was going) I'd grapple the person away from it so the ball reset.

They started having 2 people where they wanted to pass the ball so we still got thumped but it was funny :p

Edited by theangryllama

No, but I wish they would so I could reply L2P and make them really mad :)

Also, I don't complain when I get force pushed into things, or stunned while crossing the fire, so they definitely got nothing to say about grapple tactics.

Edited by Fredcat

No hatemail or other reaction for Acid/Fire.

For pulling to the insta-kill ledge...

...I got a hearty laugh and an invite to the premade of the person whom I grappled.

You guys must be doing it wrong.

Does that still work? The last 2 times I tried it, they got a score. I figured they removed the heights cap on the score zone. I was doing it when they were at 30m to get them as high as possible.

For the most part I do the mid air grapple while jumping into the pit. I feel like its a safer bet sometimes.. I don't have no escape and sometimes have a tough time keeping people in fire or acid.

Never gotten hate mail .. love grapple though. Best skill ever.

When you join the Huttball match, the rules specifically state that namecalling and cheating are encouraged. So, freaking with it. Whiners are gonna whine because they suck balls. What's new?

I pull people into the fire/acid/safetly ledge all the time. If you don't like it, than don't get close to me with your resolve bar not full.

Story trumps rules?

Which part of the story had huttball in it?

But yeah grapple is hands down the most ****** skill in the game. Only a couple of times when grapple failed on a player with no resolve and I couldnt figure out why.

I wish they would change it so that you can use grapple on a friendly player as well to get them out of trouble.

I believe that for some classes the resolve does not go away right away, even though the bar shows empty it is actually still on a good 5 sec or more. If a BH or trooper empties its resolve bar I can pull right after it, but vs juggernauts and the sorceror class it fails. Fat chance it is a bug that gives them too much or doesn't correctly display their resolve.

Also at times when my resolve bar is full and I think: "hey this a good moment to cross the fire" I still get stunned in various ways (electro dart, the root (but I think this is correct?), the white headpain stun, chokehold), at other times my bar shows full and it does what it is supposed to do.

I'm pretty sure Bioware has changed the grappling into spawn to instagib ball carrier thing.

I mean, it still works, but it's not NEARLY as consistent.

I used to be able to play 'goalie' and effectively shut the other team down from scoring completely (until they got smart and didnt run up to the goal until they had full resolve)

Today, after the patch, half the time I pull someone it scores. One third of the time they are pulled up there but don't die... I'll kill them and actually get the ball up there (You can run it along the sides up top, too).. the rest of the time they die and I get the ball (it doesn't reset)

There's a little spot up there to the left that resets the Deserter debuff when you walk over it, Before the patch I would stay up there the entire game and play 'goalie'.. won almost every single match.

it's still fun though, you can pull them up there, kill them, get the ball.. then you can run it along the ledges, have a sorc pull you over the pipe, and you can score without the enemy team even being able to touch you. Just have to remember to keep resetting your deserter

• 2 weeks later...