Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Monthly Fee.

HandomeDan

Can someone please explain to me why we in Switzerland pay by far the highest monthly fee?

US: $14.99USD

Euro: €12.99 = $16.80USD

CHF (Swiss Franc): 20.00CHF = $21.40USD

This is outrageous.

Please justify this.

Edited by HandomeDan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave the conversion rates. In Switzerland we pay by far the most.

You are aware there are more than just 'conversion rates' that apply here, right?

When doing processing from foreign countries, they are charged more. How much more depends on the processor, the amount, and many times, the country.

There's your answer as to why

You are aware there are more than just 'conversion rates' that apply here, right?

When doing processing from foreign countries, they are charged more. How much more depends on the processor, the amount, and many times, the country.

There's your answer as to why

Really? Because only SWTOR is charging us such a large monthly fee. What you are saying might make sense if it were being applied across the board, but it's not.

Unless you're a BW employee, you don't really know why. You're guessing. I would like someone from the company to explain to me why we're paying roughly 1/3 more for the same service.

Edited by HandomeDan

Really? Because only SWTOR is charging us such a large monthly fee. What you are saying might make sense if it were being applied across the board, but it's not.

Unless you're a BW employee, you don't really know why. You're guessing. I would like someone from the company to explain to me why we're paying roughly 1/3 more for the same service.

Just wondering, but what other MMO's charge you in your local swiss currency?

I am asking, because according the FAQ they are only listing the EU/GB/US prices, and from what i can tell they are all the "going market rate" for it.

*edit*

I would also like to state that the price *might* be due to some local regulations, and as Switzerland is *not* a part of the EU, that could explain a discrepancy.

I have seen arguments over sub fees fly up in many different MMO's and there has *never* been an answer given that would satisfy everyone. Some people yes, other people just didnt like the answer they were given...

*shrugs*

Tis a shame really, because i would imagine that you would be a lot happier if you charged in €'s than your Swizz Franc (12.99€ = 15.70ish Swiss Franc)

Edited by Gangrel

Can someone please explain to me why we in Switzerland pay by far the highest monthly fee?

US: $14.99USD

Euro: €12.99 = $16.80USD

CHF (Swiss Franc): 20.00CHF = $21.40USD

This is outrageous.

Please justify this.

Dont worry. All will be alright :)

Edited by Rhysling

They charged me in USD but the country I am in uses GBP.

They also charged me more than advertised, nowhere on their page (http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1944) does it say you will be charged USD in a British country using the current exchange rate.

It clearly states £8.99, not £9.96.

Sent a ticket, we'll see, there's no tax or anything applied to the charges either and we do not pay V.A.T in Jersey.

It's not much, but I pay for two accounts and if their skimming off hundreds/thousands of players, they are getting more than they should.

Edited by ChrisJSY

It's in Swiss Francs when I put in my payment information.

It's not like I'm going to have to starve myself to play the game. But if I'm going to be charged to much more to play the same game that everyone else is paying less for I'd like to know why. That's the least BioWare can do I believe.

They charged me in USD but the country I am in uses GBP.

They also charged me more than advertised, nowhere on their page (http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1944) does it say you will be charged USD in a British country using the current exchange rate.

It clearly states £8.99, not £9.96.

Sent a ticket, we'll see, there's no tax or anything applied to the charges either and we do not pay V.A.T in Jersey.

It's not much, but I pay for two accounts and if their skimming off hundreds/thousands of players, they are getting more than they should.

I agree. I don't think many people consider how much money they are actually making when charging us just a little more than the US price. Here in Europe, we always pay more for games and services. It's ridicules in my opinion.

Especially when you consider that I am paying so much more for this service than people who live less than 20 minutes from my house (Germany/France).

Edited by HandomeDan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.