DPS as a Sage Healer :S

TheAzzurri

Just a quick question that im interested in knowing the answer to from you guys...

STORY SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

So im a Sage Healer and ive pretty much leveled as a healer, how many of you guys who are sage healers struggled on the last boss, The First Son/Sy Bakkarn ? and were you able to complete it alone ?

I struggled on this fight until I learned what I had to do and what I had to interrupt. I pretty much set Nadia on him as my dps and I simply healed her and myself while shielding each of us every time it was up. The key to interrupt is the move that brings down the cavern roof...it's a one shot so you need to interrupt it every time you see it. Forget the disturbance stuff he throws at you as you can heal through that. Just be ready to interrupt when you see the cavern shake and rocks start to fall. In the meantime, keep you/nadia healed and throw some dots out when you have time/force. Once you learn the feel/flow of the fight, it's really not too hard.

(I did this as a full spec Seer at 50 with a fairly well geared Nadia - in all orange gear with decent mods)

Most of the class have hard "Class quests" for multiple factors.

Sometimes it forces you to use a companion that you never use and therefor you probably have no gear for him.

Sometimes you have very low gear for your level and get doomed.

But in the end you can always ask a friend to help you out. Just get him abroud your ship from any planet or republic fleet, then move to your class quest. He can then help you do this easily.

I died once using Qyzen since I found it difficult to heal him and consistently interrupt his casts. With Tharan in green rags he was a push over. It is probably easier to solo him without a companion than with a tank. He doesn't hit hard except for his instant kill ability. The fight was a bit of a letdown. I had expected a longer and more varied event .

I used Nadia for that fight as a full-Seer Sage and did not have much difficulty. Abuse the Conveyance bug and your companion of choice should stay up relatively well. I'd stun him when you can and just interrupt his giant nuke. Use your CD's when available and just keep your healing up on your companion.

Actually, I'd put these two as the hardest class bosses for Consulars:

Sidone and Stark

They nerfed the former, however, so I'd wager the latter is now the most difficult class boss to fight anymore.

edit: I did die once fighting the boss in the OP, but that was because the stupid strong enemies near the ladder respawned during the pre-fight conversation and no matter how I tried to reposition Nadia with passive and Rescue, she just kept getting knocked straight towards them. Eventually pulled them and then we both went down pretty fast.

Edited by Inune

I'm 50 and a Cybertech with some guild component support and I've geared Iresso in full 50 blue aim components, and gotten him a purple 49 reflex barrel, so it shouldn't be too bad. His dps isn't that bad with that gear, and I'm pretty sure I can keep him up with some micro.

I did not have a problem with this as a fulled sage seer. I used Tharax (the healing pet) and dps myself while using 2 interrupt cooldown on every cast possible, and save a third one for the cavern one-shot cast. I died a few times, but only because his cast bar got bugged and it didnt show he was casting it. Had 3 tries, 2 were bugged cast bars and on the third try he went down while my hp never went below 80 percent. Edited by Kesari

After reading teh replies from you guys i think it was clear why i had a hard time...

1- My gear was no where near what was required

2- Nadia might as well have had tinfoil gear on as ive just recently started using her, so she isnt geared half as much as she should be

3-

I could only manage to interupt 1 of the 2 instant kill boulder smashes

4- I was only level 48 XD

Any ways i asked a guildie to give me a hand and we smashed it

I wasn't aware there was a conveyance bug? -.-

The bug is that you can cast Healing Trance and then, right before it ends, cast Deliverance (that's the big heal name, I think) and it will only take 1.5 seconds instead of the 2.5 it should take. The bug being that you are getting the benefit of Conveyance twice (crits for Healing Trance and shorter cast time for Deliverance).

This is because the way it's coded, the Conveyance buff does not end until you have completely finished channeling Healing Trance. It isn't supposed to work that way. You're only supposed to get one benefit from Conveyance.

The bug is that you can cast Healing Trance and then, right before it ends, cast Deliverance (that's the big heal name, I think) and it will only take 1.5 seconds instead of the 2.5 it should take. The bug being that you are getting the benefit of Conveyance twice (crits for Healing Trance and shorter cast time for Deliverance).

This is because the way it's coded, the Conveyance buff does not end until you have completely finished channeling Healing Trance. It isn't supposed to work that way. You're only supposed to get one benefit from Conveyance.

I see, I haven't actively used it and won't but that explains some really fast deliverance casts after healing trance on my part. I quite often interrupt Trance for a follow up boosted deliverance.

So I'm 50 and I'm trying this, and he force lifts me and my pet before doing his cave-in maneuver and it won't let me break out of the force lift, and I eat it every time without any way to stop him from doing it.

Very frustrated.

Edit: Okay I did it. I basically stood behind the rocks near the ladder and healed Iresso while he soloed him, easy peasy. There's weird LOS business going on behind those rocks but they work as much to your advantage as disadvantage, the cave-in can't hit you back there.

Edited by Onager