Why does pvp always **** up pve?

tmpearson

What?

unless you flag yourself for pvp, duel an opposite faction player in places where they both have quests (that cave in hoth i think it was) or go into one of the planet warzones i don't see how it should effect anything..

when they change an ability for pvp it effects pve unless they make it so abilities do different things in pvp/pve

I've successfully translated this!

He said, and i'm quoting this "QQ"

LOL all kidding aside I played a Resto Druid for 6 years and I think almost all of the nerfs I got were PVP related. It's fun learning a New Rotation every patch! PVP ruins PVE! Amputate before this cancer spreads to Scoundrels!

Yeah it gets annoying fast. Especially when you consider that this is a PvE centric game. I understand the need for balance in PvP but that balance should not have to come at the expense of the central experience.

Who are you to determine that this is a PvE centric game? It has PvP in it, therefore it isn't a PvE centric game.

Who are you to determine that this is a PvE centric game? It has PvP in it, therefore it isn't a PvE centric game.

I think you might need to look the centric up in the dictionary. Yes, there is PvP. However, it is not the central focus of the game, the PvE aspects (class storylines, FPs, Ops, etc.) are. Ergo it is a PvE centric game.

story based game, what kind of story would the warzones give us other then "lol checkz my numbars you guyz are tots suck @ dis game"

pve is the center of this STORY based MMO

What?

unless you flag yourself for pvp, duel an opposite faction player in places where they both have quests (that cave in hoth i think it was) or go into one of the planet warzones i don't see how it should effect anything..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1963820#post1963820

A player can stealth into your AoE abilities and flag and FORCE you into PvP so he can gank you.

But yea, the OP is talking about ability nerfs, which i usually how PvP ruins games.

Let the nerfs begin! Separate pve and pvp servers exist yet my pve experience is always affected because of pvp which I want nothing to do with.

exactly. why do mmos even bother with pvp? it seems so pointless in a game where you have to "level up"? I think a pure pve game would be less of a headache for everyone. Player versus player combat should happen in the contest of a pve game (contested zones). It shouldn't become a major purpose in end game.

I've successfully translated this!

He said, and i'm quoting this "QQ"

LOL all kidding aside I played a Resto Druid for 6 years and I think almost all of the nerfs I got were PVP related. It's fun learning a New Rotation every patch! PVP ruins PVE! Amputate before this cancer spreads to Scoundrels!

It's funny, cause last I checked (cata) resto Druids sucked in PvP because they are strong PvE healers and blizzard is afraid to buff and make them op in PvE.

It swings both ways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.