The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BUG: Abilities not activating in warzones

mastercosby

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem where sometimes abilities will not activate no matter how much you spam them. On my Op, this mostly happens with shield probe and cloaking screen, which are both self targeted instants, so they should always activate when the cooldown is up.

Note: There are also no "warning messages" on my screen saying you can't use that ability, just nothing happens when I hit my keys. Also the ability lights up on my bar so I can see that my keys work, it just doesn't activate.

Note 2: I also confirmed that it is not latency or fps issues that cause this.

Note 3: I also noticed this happens outside of PVP as well.

Edited by mastercosby

Yes I get this all the time, it usually happens with the specific skills 'Overload' and 'Whirlwind' I click them many times but they do not activate. I am not sure of the reason. Maybe it has something to do with moving while activating them? Though instant casts shouldn't be affected by movement. Edited by DarthViscus

I sometimes have this problem, I turned ability delay off (to 0) and all my abilities seems to be firing off smoothly(er). I think my problem is I smash my buttons next ability I want to use until its used, but as my class (Pyro PT) I have conditional abilities and sometimes me spamming too much makes it harder for me to fire off another ability when I need too. May be yours is the same.