crafting was great...then

Dothackking

Do you really need to have purple items at such low levels anyway? Since you level so quick why not just progress your crafting skills and worry about maxing out the recepies once you can't out level them? If its an OCD type thing where you NEED to have every single schematic you can always go back and fill those out later.

Do you really need to have purple items at such low levels anyway? Since you level so quick why not just progress your crafting skills and worry about maxing out the recepies once you can't out level them? If its an OCD type thing where you NEED to have every single schematic you can always go back and fill those out later.

Well, in this game it seemed to really encourage having the purples, but that was only half of my complaint. Replacing my mods every two levels is a bit, as you say, OCD, but it's necessary to keep up with the curve.

I generally craft a few items for myself as I level. I know I'm going to find upgrades or build new ones, so I try not to spend too much time/resources building the lower level items.

If I end up with the mats to build nice lower level stuff I either send it to an alt/auction it/ give it to a guildy.

I know being able to keep yourself geared as you level is really convenient though. I'm only level 12, so I haven't seen how this will play out in this game.

Try to stay positive and don't let something little like this ruin the game for you.

Personally, I think it's awesome that I can immediately craft greens that are on par with similar gear I'm getting at my level, and blues with just a few REs.

There's absolutely no reason to RE everything to the max unless you find gear you REALLY like the look of and want an orange version, or plan to make a bunch to sell.

Well, in this game it seemed to really encourage having the purples, but that was only half of my complaint. Replacing my mods every two levels is a bit, as you say, OCD, but it's necessary to keep up with the curve.

Feh, I have gone two levels without training let alone swapping mods. The curve is definitely not that steep.

I can see a lot of the lower-level purples being useful for twinking and making leveling a bit smoother, but it is an expensive way to do it. I was only able to craft a couple of purples on my SI by level 17, by buying mats off the GTN. For one reason or another, the mission skill didn't actually provide any actual artifact-quality materials all weekend when I was in the beta.

I have found 2 epics with synthweaving, and it is really not worth going after them at those level like 15-20, beacuse they become pretty useless quickly, they are bound (when equipped) and they cost underworld trading critical materials, meaning, there is no sur eway to have the mats to crafts them.

Blue are craftable, green are RE-able. I RE-ed the blue I had replaced and found epics twice (not really looking for them).

While on coruscan, crafting green in synthweaving is very cheap (works and jedi temple for artifacts fragment, every where else for rubat crystals), so getting blue in all kind (until you get the one you need) is not expensive (well it takes time).

This is the internet, which means "it's all about me"

Step out of that box for a second. Just because YOU wouldn't use a level 15 purple doesn't mean people who twink out an alt wouldn't buy it from the AH.

Less-than-max-level epics were always very profitable in WoW. That's not to say they will be here in TOR, but give it some time. Let the market adjust. There will be people with F-You money in a few weeks/months who will gladly take the lower level blue stims, (et al).