Video proof of guildbank and better ui

dragnaria

Pvp content guildbank ui promised and shown now **** ebout it

You mean Bioware invented a way to have Guild banks in a game?

Amazing.

This is like a video from a Restaurant talking about how they have listened to their customers and will be providing a fork to every customer starting next month.
:rolleyes:

cool, when that patch actually releases and it is hotfixed to remove the countless bugs it will cause, ill resub and give the game another go.

But they actually said that something other people dont do is keep the team working on constant updates. Isn't that exactly what every MMO does or it dies?

cool, when that patch actually releases and it is hotfixed to remove the countless bugs it will cause, ill resub and give the game another go.

But they actually said that something other people dont do is keep the team working on constant updates. Isn't that exactly what every MMO does or it dies?

What they are talking about is when a game is developed they have say 500 people working on code, content, models, and so on. Once the game is live you don't need all 500 people working on code, you are paying them to work on fixing things and new content. You don't need them all so most games and MMO will lay off or reassign people to different games. According to him they did not do that in TOR. More overhead on there part but if it causes more content to be pumped out on a regular bases then it might pay for itself in keeping the game fresh and more people in game, paying subs.

What they are talking about is when a game is developed they have say 500 people working on code, content, models, and so on. Once the game is live you don't need all 500 people working on code, you are paying them to work on fixing things and new content. You don't need them all so most games and MMO will lay off or reassign people to different games. According to him they did not do that in TOR. More overhead on there part but if it causes more content to be pumped out on a regular bases then it might pay for itself in keeping the game fresh and more people in game, paying subs.

As i understand it ure right on the .

You mean Bioware invented a way to have Guild banks in a game?

Amazing.

This is like a video from a Restaurant talking about how they have listened to their customers and will be providing a fork to every customer starting next month.
:rolleyes:

You mean you're not scared to act like a little **** on the Internet, because your mothers basement is more heavily fortified than Fort Knox, protecting you from practically any repercussions?

Really? Listening to the community? Then STOP THE FREAKING PEOPLE WHO ARE HACKING YOUR GAME TO GAIN ADVANTAGE OVER PEOPLE WHO AREN'T. Are you listening to that part of the community? Cuz, I'm pretty sure you haven't said much about that.

I was gonna say the very same thing. It seems like James makes all these statements about TOR like it was brand new or innovative but in reality, it's really no different from any MMO.

I was gonna say the very same thing. It seems like James makes all these statements about TOR like it was brand new or innovative but in reality, it's really no different from any MMO.

I doont know anny mmo that kepth there full team working after releas

O w8 i doo rift ( WITCH IS KNOWN ) for many medium an big contant update,s in a short time

So new no good yes

How do you spend 6 years in development and not have these features at release? Mind blowing to me...

Developing the world.

Coding the world.

Writing quests for everyone.

Writing quests for specific classes.

Designing art.

Coding art.

Designing game systems.

Implementing servers.

Quality refinement.

Bug fixing.

Revamping failed ideas.

Developing new ideas.

Implementing new ideas to replace failed ideas.

Bug fixing.

Releasing beta.

Working on beta.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Keep in mind, this stuff is likely to come in March and, if you watched the video, you'd know they've clearly done a great deal of work on the bank and the UI customization already which means they've been developing/coding it for months, probably since beta started.

WoW was developed over the same time period and took just shy of three years to implement guild banks. They still haven't added ingame UI customization. Don't assume six years is enough when you don't have a background in MMO development.