50s PvP ruined... at least for Republic?

Dayshadow

Speaking with 50s friends.

20min queues are considered "short"

When they do get into a WZ after waiting 20mins to 2hrs, there aren't enough republic players to fill 8 spots. 120 sec matches aren't uncommon.

Was it your intention to ruin WZs for lvl 50s? More specifically, republic lvl 50s. As the Empire can always knock themselve out on Huttball.

Why couldn't you just get rid of expetise and ultra endurance on 50 PvP gear and remove the need for brackets?

Since you are clearly stubborn, will you even entertain the idea of a cross server WZ queue?

Maybe even some kid of cross server LFG for Ilum as well. I haven't gone yet but I'm told that Empire outnumbers republic 4-1. They can't complete dailies in any reasonable amount of time because there are too many imperials. Getting rid of expertise can save 50 PvP, but some kinda of cross server Ilum LFG is the only way I can see saving Ilum PvP if it is, in fact, overrun with imperials.

Has this been the case on other servers?

Yes this problem is very much known to us as well. Since the 50's got their own bracket wait times of over 2 hours are not uncommon and that is if you van get a WZ at all.

And as you say the teams are often imbalanced, if the WZ does not end we usually end up fighting 8 imperials with just the 6 of us.

Sometimes we still win wich is pretty satisfying but it doesnt make up for all the horribly unbalanced matches we get.

They have truly gutted PVP on our server and the only way to even get warzones up continually is to make 2 premades. And there are not a lot of people doing that atm :(

This is a huge oversight from bioware and along with the other exploits that have been used it shows that they lack the long term vision to keep this game balanced in the future. When you implement something you have to think of every possibly outcome.

In the coming weeks and months i am very curious to see how this will be handled. I will definately give this game a little bit longer to prove itself but signs are not looking good right now.

I know you cannot expect everything to be perfect since there are so many things to consider but Bioware needs to seriously address these issues over the next few patches or this game has Age of Conan written all over it.

Edited by Lockshot

Speaking with 50s friends.

20min queues are considered "short"

When they do get into a WZ after waiting 20mins to 2hrs, there aren't enough republic players to fill 8 spots. 120 sec matches aren't uncommon.

Was it your intention to ruin WZs for lvl 50s? More specifically, republic lvl 50s. As the Empire can always knock themselve out on Huttball.

Why couldn't you just get rid of expetise and ultra endurance on 50 PvP gear and remove the need for brackets?

Since you are clearly stubborn, will you even entertain the idea of a cross server WZ queue?

Maybe even some kid of cross server LFG for Ilum as well. I haven't gone yet but I'm told that Empire outnumbers republic 4-1. They can't complete dailies in any reasonable amount of time because there are too many imperials. Getting rid of expertise can save 50 PvP, but some kinda of cross server Ilum LFG is the only way I can see saving Ilum PvP if it is, in fact, overrun with imperials.

Has this been the case on other servers?

Illogical argument in wrong forum is illogical argument in wrong forum.

I'm sure Bioware plotted to ruin your PvP experience so they could lose your business. That's clearly what happened.

Please, before posting: if your post would fail the laugh test with a 7 year old, don't post it.

my server is weird. the only time i went to ilum, republic controlled it and the imps either got hunted down or never left the base.

the only pvp matches i got in today were both hutball. one vs an imp team that ended in 120 sec because they didn't have enough ppl and vs other repubs. maybe it was just the wrong time of day for matches.

i also support cross-server queues for pvp.

BAM.

Give this man a cookie.

while this will fix the problem, i actually enjoy the server specific warzones. (before this patch increased 50 queues ridiculously)

I got to know the pvpers, i knew when to smile and when to groan when is aw certain people on my team (or the enemies) and i actually made several friends like this.

lol. no sane, rational person would actually quit because they got camped on ilum, and most people that actually were "stuck" there for hours stayed there because they too got huge valor gains.

Sorry, but that isn't the issue. And there is a sane, rational reason why people would quit over it. You'll see why eventually.

Illogical argument in wrong forum is illogical argument in wrong forum.

I'm sure Bioware plotted to ruin your PvP experience so they could lose your business. That's clearly what happened.

Please, before posting: if your post would fail the laugh test with a 7 year old, don't post it.

So why did you post this garbage then? Take your own advice.

Yes this problem is very much known to us as well. Since the 50's got their own bracket wait times of over 2 hours are not uncommon and that is if you van get a WZ at all.

And as you say the teams are often imbalanced, if the WZ does not end we usually end up fighting 8 imperials with just the 6 of us.

Sometimes we still win wich is pretty satisfying but it doesnt make up for all the horribly unbalanced matches we get.

They have truly gutted PVP on our server and the only way to even get warzones up continually is to make 2 premades. And there are not a lot of people doing that atm :(

This is a huge oversight from bioware and along with the other exploits that have been used it shows that they lack the long term vision to keep this game balanced in the future. When you implement something you have to think of every possibly outcome.

In the coming weeks and months i am very curious to see how this will be handled. I will definately give this game a little bit longer to prove itself but signs are not looking good right now.

I know you cannot expect everything to be perfect since there are so many things to consider but Bioware needs to seriously address these issues over the next few patches or this game has Age of Conan written all over it.

It's Bioware. Stupid decissions are what they do. Problem is... stupid decissions on a single-player game are easier to get away with. A stupid decissions on a pay-to-play MMO canlose you money as the revenue isn;t based on a a 1-time transaction.

Look at the Operative nerf. Yes, they needed a PvP nerf. But they nerfed them in PvE too and I doubt they rebalanced the entire game to accomedate this. They really gutted them. That wasn't a thought out plan. That was clearly a knee jerk reaction to QQ posts. The 50 bracket was a knee jerk reaction too. All because they are too stubborn to admit they messed up with expertise PvP gear.

Turning off a stat was all they had to do. But what do they do? The stupid option, of course.