Rakata Gear (Synthweaving) question

Inasogard

Here is a perfect example of why everyone is going biochem still...

I've been farming hardmodes for over 2 weeks now and been raiding regularly.

I have crafted about 10 Rakata War Leaders Belts and am wearing one that has crit with an open augment slot. The other 9 have been reverse engineered. Of course they have not produced any new recipes, but what is so frustrating is the materials you get back.

Here is what it costs to make the belt

8 Artifacts Fragments

8 Upari Cyrstals

8 Mandalorian Iron

1 Crystal Allow (from end boss hardmode)

thats over 50k credits worth of mats on our server.

I reverse engineered the belt and got back ONE, yes ONE upari crystal....

If they dont soo somehing with this system soon.....Everyonw will be biochem!!

Theoretically you should be able to..but why bother? So you can spend 5000000000000 credits to get marginally better gear? All it will likely do is add defense/crit/power once, and then one more stat if you RE it again? If it follows the pattern of other recipes, you won't get more armor or other stats.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a chance, a small chance, but a chance that you may get the next schematic (tier 2 artifact I suppose). If that happens, is it a waste of time? Well, consider, if you you make Rakata Force-Master's Sash that already has +37 crit rating and you get the Critical version, you will probably increase the crit rate by +20 or so. If you can RE that and get the next schematic, specifically Endowment, you now have a Sash that gives almost 60 crit, around 25-30 Surge, and its base stats. If you crit it while crafting and get a augment slot, you have the best Critical Sash end-game.

You can sell that for ALOT. :i_biggrin:

Now, all of what I just said are just possibilities and nobody has posted a "Critical Rakata Force-Master's Sash" and I have yet to see a Dev comment on this topic either. However, we do know that in previous interviews, the Developers have said, and I am paraphrasing here, that they intend to make the crafting in this game very deep and give crafters server wide recognition by allowing a finite amount of recipes of certain items per server. Once a certain item is learned a certain amount of times, than it will no longer drop (or be learned) by anyone else again.

Is it possible that making it incredibly difficult to learn recipes from reverse engineering is their way of doing this? It is possible. Will I continue to spend huge amounts of resources REing extremely hard to craft items in the hopes that this is true? I will.

as said, crafting (at least armormech, synthweaving and cybertech) are not dead end. the columi patterns for these give you relatively cheap-ish columi patterns (alien data cube being the only non-gathering/mission mat) and the ability to get augments. rakata likewise, while bop, are bop gear with an augment slot. the mastercraft rakata BOP gear is BIS and only comes from crafting. the mastercraft columi boe gear should sell for decent on the AH and isn't ridiculously expensive and should be significantly better (with the augment) than anything you can get besides rakata.

However, we do know that in previous interviews, the Developers have said, and I am paraphrasing here, that they intend to make the crafting in this game very deep and give crafters server wide recognition by allowing a finite amount of recipes of certain items per server. Once a certain item is learned a certain amount of times, than it will no longer drop (or be learned) by anyone else again.

Is it possible that making it incredibly difficult to learn recipes from reverse engineering is their way of doing this? It is possible. Will I continue to spend huge amounts of resources REing extremely hard to craft items in the hopes that this is true? I will.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, this is the first time I have heard this. Could you please provide a link to one of these articles? If this is true, this has HUGE ramifications. Sure, I would love to be one of the handful of cybertech people who can make all the the cybertech gear, but if I am not I would be so mad.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, this is the first time I have heard this. Could you please provide a link to one of these articles? If this is true, this has HUGE ramifications. Sure, I would love to be one of the handful of cybertech people who can make all the the cybertech gear, but if I am not I would be so mad.

That would be an awful awful idea. So basically they are penalizing the players who start or craft later? This isn't some cosmetic reward or a fancy title that's available for a limited time. We're talking real items that impact gameplay. Huge thumbs down if that interview was true.

That would be an awful awful idea. So basically they are penalizing the players who start or craft later? This isn't some cosmetic reward or a fancy title that's available for a limited time. We're talking real items that impact gameplay. Huge thumbs down if that interview was true.

the interview was misparaphrased, basically it said that its intended for some recipes to be very rare, and that not everyone will be getting everything. the dev did use the example that its likely that on some servers there wont be more than 2-3 people with some recipes.

you can RE the rakata gear to the best of my knowledge, the below link lists variations for the belt at least

http://www.torhead.com/item/8ixrWhk/rakata-weaponmasters-waistcord

It is well known that TORHead is just a data mining site that presents items that may or may not exist in the game. Have you seen or created one of these in game? If so, please provide evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this but has anyone found that you can get one of those variations if you RE the Rakata Belt/Bracers we make?

The Endowment Rakata Weaponmaster's Waistcord with +33 Critical Rating, +37 Surge Rating looks ridiculous, but something tells me that maybe these variations aren't possible?

Edited by revcrisis