Nerfs because of PvP are screwing PvE

Rafkin

So when you nerf something specifically because "the burst was killing other players faster than intended in PvP" where does that leave us for PvE?

You tuned your boss mobs based on THAT burst damage! Now are you going to go back and lower the HPs of every mob? No, you just fix one thing and break another.

So when you nerf something specifically because "the burst was killing other players faster than intended in PvP" where does that leave us for PvE?

You tuned your boss mobs based on THAT burst damage! Now are you going to go back and lower the HPs of every mob? No, you just fix one thing and break another.

or they could just lower damage in warzone.. SMART eh :D

I fully agree with OP, there is nothing that irks me more than to #### up the core gameplay for PvP changes. It is SO UNNECESSARY.

If the game relies on perfect balance for PvP, then something is wrong.

I played Quake, Unreal Tournament, Tribes, Counterstrike, Team Fortress iterations for ages, and there was nothing balanced between classes on a level remotely approaching what some of these devs do to basically dumb it down for what amounts to is a focus on "1-v-1 dueling". Seriously.

1-v-1 dueling, the most banal waste of time for kiddies, that has no place in impacting the overall quality of gameplay (PvE).

That is so fracking unecessary and weak, that it bears nothing but condemnation.

The content should be sufficiently rich and engaging, that micromanaging of class balance to suit for 1-v-1 dueling is not only a rediculous endeavor, and unecessary, but actually works against rich class design.

That's what most of these changes are, things to suit 1-v-1 dueling under the banner of "class balance for PvP". Basically accept that some classes are not meant to go toe to toe with another class in a 1-v-1 encounter, so add turrets, add teamplay, add high ground, add... depth.

Edited by BlueDestiny

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.