Extereme pvp frustration

Arcnemes

There is no way that Force Pull should be used to pull players up to killzones in PvP. A Sith named Kosmos on Sword of Ajunta Pall stands at his spawn in huttball and simply Force Pulls anyone approaching up to the ledge and they get insta-gibbed. This is an absolutely unacceptable mechanic and clearly an abuse.

This is extremely irritating and needs a fix; I understand the need to keep opposing teams from pushing into one another's spawns but being able to reset the ball by force pulling people in the manner described above is clearly abusive and very frustrating to deal with.

This is extremely irritating and needs a fix; I understand the need to keep opposing teams from pushing into one another's spawns but being able to reset the ball by force pulling people in the manner described above is clearly abusive and very frustrating to deal with.

Protip: Throw the Huttball at him. Throw has a longer range than his grip does. That kills him and the ball bounces back to you or someone on your team.

There's ways to counter it. Adapt.

But isn't the best way to counter it to whine on the forums, and screw adapting that's if you actually want to learn something. I want to keep doing things the same old way, but he's stopping me.

This seems like a a highly ineffective way of stopping a ball carrier. Unless force pull has a much longer range than the BH grappling hook.

Toss the ball to a guy inside the goal line while out of range. If he snatches the guy at the goal, then run it in while the pull is on CD.

If a guy is constantly sitting at the goal line he's really gimping his team by taking away a player who could otherwise be helping score by pulling baddies off the carrier.

Protip: Throw the Huttball at him. Throw has a longer range than his grip does. That kills him and the ball bounces back to you or someone on your team.

What if you do not HAVE the Huttball? He stands there yanking everyone up there and has his buddy stand there and blow you back off. Back down again. Rinse and repeat till dead.

A strategy like this is a exploit plain and simple.

Dont you people understand that this is what makes Huttball so freaking great? These tactics are amazing and should not be messed with.

No I'm not a class that can do this. The most i can pull of is bumping someone off a ledge or into the acid or fire.

I love Huttball because this type of action is condoned....It's a god damn DEATH ARENA FOLKS!!! And you need to embrace it.

They do need to reduce the amount of time the barrier stays up after you die...I get antsy watching the opposing team come at my goal and the damn wall wont drop.

What if you do not HAVE the Huttball? He stands there yanking everyone up there and has his buddy stand there and blow you back off. Back down again. Rinse and repeat till dead.

A strategy like this is a exploit plain and simple.

In that case you take the ball out of range of their goal line safe zone campers and sit on it because you'd have an 8 on 6 advantage if two of their team are camping their goal line. In other words use your advantage to farm the rest of their team for medals.

I dont think you all are understanding the exploit.

They stand at the ledge, with the ability to move the full length of their goal line.

They move at normal movement speed while you (with the Huttball) are slowed.

They Force Pull you up, which instantly kills you.

They run into fire, die, respawn, camp out on the ledge again.

I hope that is an exploit, not an intended game mechanic.