More XP against grind and boredom

genpion

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I wish they would up the grind im finding it way to easy even as casual play, im skipping so many quests :(

Same here. I have skipped so many quests and have not done a "bones" quest chain sense balmora been over leveled for most of the game. however the way I look at it is I am saving content for my next toons.

Mission bonus - Step 1: Kill 15 guys

I have literally nodded off during gameplay on some of the later planets due to the amount of walking and repetitive ability rotation use needed to slog through the hell levels that start in the 20s and it really gets depressing into the mid-late 30s (Republic Balmorra, anyone?).

Republic Balmorra is where I suddenly hit a wall on my Jedi Sage. It's just so...boring and repetetive.

The things I love in this game, the FPs, the class quest and the planet story/quest arc are awesome. Even some of the heroics. It's all the other side quests that at first were ok, but they tend to bog you down and ruin the pace of the main narratives in the other storylines. It's these that I would like to skip without suffering xp loss, and there IS xp loss in the later levels to the point that you have to grind space missions which get old really fast on any character, especially due to them being pointless at 50. Or grind warzones, which is ok I guess, IF loading screens didn't eat up half the time spent doing warzones or the other time spent waiting for a warzone to pop.

Just do it the way EQ2 does it with veteran bonus xp for each level capped character, or WoW with it's hierloom gear and xp increase, to help skip the frivolous parts we've already seen a million times.

I'll bite...

Let's assume we have the xp slider in game. Whether or not others use it, it does not matter. You use said xp slider to get to level 50 and it magically lets you complete the storyline (despite not having gear on par). I'll even assume you would want to do the same for every class in the game and in both factions. At which point, you are totally done with the game and there is no more reason for you to continue paying your subscription.

If enough people stop paying their subscription, the game is dead and there is no reason to fix bugs, let alone release new content.

My question posed to you is why on earth are you playing a game where you first buy it for $60 and then need to pay $15 each month just to treat is as a single player game with the only goal being to get to level 50.

This game is not solely leveling 1-50 while being entertained with a storyline. It is ALSO about getting gear to help you in killing things. It's about getting credits to help you buy things, either to upgrade your gear or simply to buy frivelous items like slave costumes for your companion. Mostly though, and this will be improved as time goes on if people let it, it is about end game content which involves either PVP battles, world or instanced, and PVE battles which offer challenging content such that you need teamwork. These offer rewards which you then use to show off to others.

In addition, if you were given an XP slider (and i saw someone else mention this) you would fight bosses of higher levels, but your gear would not be up to par. You would then ask for free credits in your account to buy better gear, or better yet, just be mailed a new set of gear for each level you gain, just to ensure you can beat that boss in your storyline. Lest I give you any more bad ideas, why not just ask for difficulty sliders each time you face a platinum boss such that you can make it a lower level easy kill. Afterall, your point is simply to kill it and level up in your goal to hit 50 and quit.

TL/DR: This genre isn't for you. Just get a single-player game, pay your $60 up front and not go with subscription based multi-player games since you are avoiding the vast majority of the multi-player aspects anyway.

Although I appreciate your $60 + $15 x however many months you stay since it adds to Bioware's bank and they might use it to add more content into the game.

Well I wish there was a little more grinding >.> after you finish all the quests for the planet your left like a level or two out from next planet and your forced to run fp's and other group based content to level up or rather have cause to group up and spend time with others.

Just an opinion but after Rift and now this game I kind of miss the grind not the brutal perfect world international kind but a light grind.

I met some of my good friends grinding in mmos my wife irl was met in PWI on the long brutal grinds. Seems like it gave people cause to band together have common ground to @&$$@ about the grind all the while doing it lol. Just my op though.