game is unplayable!

leeisgood

so me and my brother got this game a few days ago, he plays on the main connection downstairs and i play upstairs wireless on a top spec pc.. everytime i log into the game my MS jumps up and up to about 10k+ ms but i can surf the net at a fast speed ( even at peak times) i really dont know what the problem is :/

What is a "fast speed" when your surfing the internet? Do a speed test and see exactly what your connection is giving you. All I know is I play lag free everything on high with 60+ frame rate. Once it a while on the fleet it will dip to the 40's but still very playable.

your latency wireless does funny things to online gaming, that being said do you have windows 7 ?

if so there is a latency registry setting

tinyurl dot com forwarslash 3r5u3gr

i use that and it worked wonders for my latency im running 40ms max

Edited by cravenid

so me and my brother got this game a few days ago, he plays on the main connection downstairs and i play upstairs wireless on a top spec pc.. everytime i log into the game my MS jumps up and up to about 10k+ ms but i can surf the net at a fast speed ( even at peak times) i really dont know what the problem is :/

Loading web pages is a quick, bursty process. You down small chunks of data is short periods of time. Latency won't effect you much.

MMOs are different. While it's still not a lot of data, it's more time-sensitive, and steady over long periods. High latency will totally screw you in an MMO, even if you never see issues loading web pages.

If you're getting 10K+ ms of latency, you've got serious network issues.

from personal experience wireless networks and gaming just dont work efficiently together, ymmv of course ... go to staples by a cheap cable and run wired imo.

This right here.

MMO's and wireless are not the best combination. So many things can be the cause of your latency. Everything from the router to cell phones and wireless phones.

Get a network cable and run it to the PC. You'll have a better time.

Edited by Quraswren

Its not the cheapest solution in the world but i find it by far the best, rather than buying a massive ethernet cable go out and buy a homeplug plug one in wired into your router, the other into your computer and you will be fine. Homeplugs are seriously amazing. Works by using your powerlines in your house to send the internet signal. As i say its a bit more expensive but once you use it you wont go back.