Can someone explaine how the valor gains on illum were an exploit?

bamills

So I know that by retribution an exploit is using or taking advantage of something in a way that gives one an unfair advantage or using something in a way that was unintended.

So and im playing devils advocate here. How was this an exploit?

The devs made a statement later the other day saying that they didn't intend for players of opposing factions to be able to enter their foe's base. But then threating to take action to those that had done that. Kinda like telling some one to " Do as I mean, not as I say" when they allow you to GY camp (sort of if you have a real good group you can keep them near their spawn area) on bgs and on some planets *cough*Voss*cough* (for pvp servers anyway) yes GY camping is poor sportsmanship but is it actually against the TOS? If so could you link it? Currently at work, and mobile network sucks.

I could understand them taking action against people who took advantage of the situation AFTER they made the statement, but I don't think they should punish anyone who did so before. And I did not farm the GY just an fyi.

I assume it's because people with a high enough intelligence instantly knew something was wrong and that what was going on was not intended.

hense exploit. sorry you don't understand, the logic may be beneath you. (not insulting you just saying, could be.)

I assume it's because people with a high enough intelligence instantly knew something was wrong and that what was going on was not intended.

hense exploit. sorry you don't understand, the logic may be beneath you. (not insulting you just saying, could be.)

If 50 people can destroy a tower, whose fault is that? Theirs? Because they destroyed a tower? No, that's BIOWARE'S problem.

If it's red, it's dead, unless it hits me for 3,000,000 dmg and has over 9 billion HPs.

They won't ban anyone, just reset the valor earned. It's obvious they were taking advantage of bad programming and oversight.

It was totally BW fault. But you can't have thousands of Battlemasters on one side or PvP would be be even worse than it is now.

It was abuse of an unintended bug in the coding. Whether the abuse was done before or after being told that it was a bug doesn't change the fact that it was abuse. It does change the potential severity of the action taken, however.

And ultimately, even if the person wasn't aware that it was abuse of an unintended bug, the valor gained from doing so gives those players an unfair advantage over the faction who got farmed all day, and should be rolled back to put the sides back into balance.

If 50 people can destroy a tower, whose fault is that? Theirs? Because they destroyed a tower? No, that's BIOWARE'S problem.

If it's red, it's dead, unless it hits me for 3,000,000 dmg and has over 9 billion HPs.

You can walk outside right now and stab the first person you see. It's there for you to do. In the design of life, you are able to do that. But odds are you won't, why?

The only way people got a roll back on valor was if they went from low level to Valor 50+ in the matter of hours. I went to illum got my daily and left and i never got a valor roll back.

The exploiting that was happening was spawn camping which clearly is griefing because they could go somewhere they were not intended to go. This did not get tested very well in the test server or by Bioware.

Regardless this was an exploit that people took advantage of by being in the opposite faction base when that was not supposed to happen.

The only way people got a roll back on valor was if they went from low level to Valor 50+ in the matter of hours. I went to illum got my daily and left and i never got a valor roll back.

The exploiting that was happening was spawn camping which clearly is griefing because they could go somewhere they were not intended to go. This did not get tested very well in the test server or by Bioware.

Regardless this was an exploit that people took advantage of by being in the opposite faction base when that was not supposed to happen.

The problem with this is BW never made it clear that you weren't supposed to go in the enemy's base until after the **** hit the fan.

The problem with this is BW never made it clear that you weren't supposed to go in the enemy's base until after the **** hit the fan.

This is what happens when you dont test your high level content except with QA testers that arent trying to find loopholes like players do.

Whats bad is that they lied and said that they never meant for ppl to do that which was obviously not true since you could kill the turrets. They just got caught with their pants down.

The biggest problem with this is that nobody believes BW will stop this "exploit" or the effects of it. Therefor the only way to actually be able to fight the "exploiters" in the future WZs is to join them. Why should you be the nice guy and in the end be punished by it when the "exploit" isn't rolled back.

If it was so unintended why did it take bioware 8 hours to do even 1 thing about it, such as make a post stating, spawn camping is currently abusing an unintended bug in the current system. It took them forever just to admit that something wasn't a "potential issue". I can see more sense for a punishment for griefing than abusing an "exploit", I mean if you're suppose to kill 150 republic people shouldn't you be in there killing them?

If a base is not meant to be entered you make sure there are safe guards against it happening, A barrier etc.... Thats just common sense, The lack of any such measures is sure lack of any forsight on the behalf of the development team/ testers etc....

The people playing the game should not be held accountable in anyway...

This never happened on my server BTW, If it did would i be miffed? sure but still wouldn't change the fact that the developers screwed up and not the the people playing.

That is where my confusion comes into play. Even before the patch you could still enter their base, but would get blown away by turrets. So one question is was it Never their intention to be able to enter their base ( basically since the launch of the game) or just since the patch? But my origiona question remains. What exactly was the Exploit? Just simply entering their base?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.