Make Presence Stat More Useful (As a Crafting Stat)

WulfSolaris

Currently, Presence is the least-desired stat. While it is intended to make your companion more effective, in the long run, it feels more like you're lowering your own character's efficiency for a slight increase in companion usefulness.

What I propose is that, in addition to the negligible increase Presence gives to a Companion's stats, that is also affect your character's (and his/her companions') crafting ability.

The intent is that, by stacking your Presence stat, you would gain assorted benefits that would greatly enhance your ability to craft. Some potential ideas include:

+More Presence Equals Lower Mission Costs

+More Presence Equals Lower Mission Times

+More Presence Equals Higher Yield from Gathering Nodes

+More Presence Equals Higher Critical Crafting/Mission Chances

+More Presence Equals Greater Chance of Learning a Schematic through Research and Development

By making this change to Presence, it goes from being a stat considered widely "useless" by the community to one that is sought after by crafters. Suddenly, items and armor that favor this stat will become hot ticket items for crafters looking to maximize their output, creating a new market for players to pursue on the GTN.

This would also help cement crafting as a viable pastime, helping to curb some of the "randomness" of it by giving us more control over the outcome. Yes, the RNG would still play a huge factor, but giving serious crafters the ability to increase their odds would be great.

If you support this idea, or have something to add, don't hesitate to respond! Thanks for reading!

Cant even stack it if you wanted to, only can get it from superior or higher crafted gear.

Yeah, balancing the numbers would be interesting. You'd have to make it so that a little presence goes a long way. When I get home from work, I might go looking around to see if I can find a theoretical "max" for Presence based on available Leadership gear and the like.

I would prefer to see presence buff your current group in some way so that it's not a wasted/leveling stat. The buff should be something added based on your spec so tanks add defense, healers add maybe a global regen, and dps increase your damage, it should have diminishing returns and should total off everyone instead of individually.

• 2 years later...
the only time i use presense is from the antiviral relics from the THORN event and i only use that for lvling up porposes is all. i do like this idea id say it would help out. now if they didnt atleast alow us to equip presense to our companions through implants and such and and they get accounted for would be nice