Being honest.....

Nitestep

The vast majority from all sides has gotten on my nerves. The smug individuals who come on the forums as they have access to the game to take shots and feel good about dismissing the issues of those on the outside looking in, the ones who are mad that they are not in yet so want to cause the biggest amount of noise they can, and the company itself managing this launch about as well as Rich Rodriguez managed my beloved Michigan Wolverines.

This launch was supposed to be great. It was something over a million people were looking forward to. But now....it has been absolutely ruined simply because it has become such a sh+t storm. It had put a bad taste in my mouth about the game. Many people are going to go into the game for early access with bad feelings in the back of their mind by how many people from every side have acted towards one another. How about we try and understand where everyone is coming from and stop this crap where we bash each individual by calling them lazy, entitled, or a part of a Western civilization philosophy (a philosophy in which we are ALL brought up in). Let's also stop spewing garbage to everyone, Bioware included.

We all have to deal with one another, and I am sorry but just like stability of launch is the most important thing to Bioware, getting into the game in a timely fashion that many people paid for (or preordered for) is equally just as valid a concern for the other side. The issue is that there has to be give and take from every side. Many people are feeling that there isn't give and take and that is where their frustrations come in. They feel that Bioware is not working their hardest to ensure a "timely fashion" so they are upset that many of the servers are not full, yet they are on the outside looking in. We can all relate to that feeling. But we have to remember, we don't know if that is the case. So let us not assume. I think they could have handled it better, but we all make mistakes and arm chair quarterbacking is easy.

TLDR: We all have to be here, we all have to coexist. Let's try to understand all sides and not be a jerk because we can, or because we are already in, or because we only care about server stability and not whether customers play or not as they see fit. I mean let's face it, if Bioware does think that way (which I don't think they do) then that isn't any less selfish and entitlement driven than those who just want in right now no matter what. This message is not to everyone as some people are being civil and understanding as well. It's just that the EGA has already taken some luster off of the launch, let's not further make it worse.

Rich Rodriguez managed my beloved Michigan Wolverines.

This launch was supposed to be great. It was something over a million people were looking forward to. But now....it has been absolutely ruined simply because it has become such a sh+t storm.

It's just that the EGA has already taken some luster off of the launch, let's not further make it worse.

The Thanksgiving beta event weekend had 2 million people logged in. TWO MILLION. I'm sorry they couldn't get around to you yet, but it takes some time to work through a queue of 2 million world wide redemption codes in the order they were redeemed.

Rich who?

WOLVERINES ! (Red Dawn battlecry)

The vast majority from all sides has gotten on my nerves. The smug individuals who come on the forums as they have access to the game to take shots and feel good about dismissing the issues of those on the outside looking in, the ones who are mad that they are not in yet so want to cause the biggest amount of noise they can, and the company itself managing this launch about as well as Rich Rodriguez managed my beloved Michigan Wolverines.

This launch was supposed to be great. It was something over a million people were looking forward to. But now....it has been absolutely ruined simply because it has become such a sh+t storm. It had put a bad taste in my mouth about the game. Many people are going to go into the game for early access with bad feelings in the back of their mind by how many people from every side have acted towards one another. How about we try and understand where everyone is coming from and stop this crap where we bash each individual by calling them lazy, entitled, or a part of a Western civilization philosophy (a philosophy in which we are ALL brought up in). Let's also stop spewing garbage to everyone, Bioware included.

We all have to deal with one another, and I am sorry but just like stability of launch is the most important thing to Bioware, getting into the game in a timely fashion that many people paid for (or preordered for) is equally just as valid a concern for the other side. The issue is that there has to be give and take from every side. Many people are feeling that there isn't give and take and that is where their frustrations come in. They feel that Bioware is not working their hardest to ensure a "timely fashion" so they are upset that many of the servers are not full, yet they are on the outside looking in. We can all relate to that feeling. But we have to remember, we don't know if that is the case. So let us not assume. I think they could have handled it better, but we all make mistakes and arm chair quarterbacking is easy.

TLDR: We all have to be here, we all have to coexist. Let's try to understand all sides and not be a jerk because we can, or because we are already in, or because we only care about server stability and not whether customers play or not as they see fit. I mean let's face it, if Bioware does think that way (which I don't think they do) then that isn't any less selfish and entitlement driven than those who just want in right now no matter what. This message is not to everyone as some people are being civil and understanding as well. It's just that the EGA has already taken some luster off of the launch, let's not further make it worse.

The launch hasn't happened yet.

This is only the Early Game Access phase.

This phase is staggered.

Edited by Krookid

lol. the rich rodriguez thing was a joke. I am not upset about not getting around to me yet..no problem, I am just trying to get people to be more understanding to all sides. Even though we all want our way, we have to work with others and try and understand things beyond our limited viewpoints.

The Thanksgiving beta event weekend had 2 million people logged in. TWO MILLION. I'm sorry they couldn't get around to you yet, but it takes some time to work through a queue of 2 million world wide redemption codes in the order they were redeemed.

Rich who?

WOLVERINES ! (Red Dawn battlecry)

This only proves that they could let us ALL in... lol. Thanks for the clarification that this staggered launch was asinine from the start.

No, it didn't. 2 million invites with 750k actually logging in, and at most 250k on at the same time.

Loud-mouths on here spewing hate and incorrect "facts" are just a bi-product of the illiteracy rampant on the internet.

You felt this was important enough for people to read?

Well I could have gone with the status quo and stated when I preordered, how I don't agree with the way things are being handled because I am not in yet, and talked about how everything and everyone who doesn't think like me is fail, a fanboy, or a whiner. But I felt we had enough of those.

It won't leave a bad taste in my mouth in the least, I can't wait to get in and finally be able to keep my character and enjoy KOTOR x 1000 MMO with other people. Sorry a lot of these folks bug you but hey it's just a game enjoy it. Now politics.....that's another matter.

lol. the rich rodriguez thing was a joke. I am not upset about not getting around to me yet..no problem, I am just trying to get people to be more understanding to all sides. Even though we all want our way, we have to work with others and try and understand things beyond our limited viewpoints.

You must be young, till thinking that you are so important that something you write on a forum will be absorbed and acted upon by others. Everyone's opinion is valuable, yada, yada. The youtube/facebook/twitter everyone wants to see me generation. Well, nope. I mean, since we're being honest.

Hello Everyone!

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, but will be closing this thread. If you would like to voice your opinions and continue the discussion regarding Early Access. Please join the discussion here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16646. This will help to keep our forums more organized. Thank You!