Anybody actually a fan of I, II & III?

AVFCLuke

I grew up with these so I'm a big fan. Without them I don't think I'd have shared such a passion for Star Wars so thanks George Lucas. The amount of stick you get is uncalled for and unnecessary. Oh and before anybody questions my opinion I am not knocking the originals because they too are great and it all adds up to a great saga, but ep. III is probably my favorite.

Fan? I don't think I'd use that term for those three movies in specific (all six movies, however, certainly).

Did I find them enjoyable? Certainly. They may not have crossed the Threshold of Awesome for me as far as cinema goes, but they were certainly solid entertainment. The first ended on a weak note, and the second seemed to have pacing issues, but those are all things I can look past to enjoy myself.

Solid B grade all around. As a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, I can definately say I've seen worse movies. Far worse. These don't even rate on worse. There are just some things that even Crow, Tom Servo, Joel, and Mike couldn't make watchable (such as, say, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians). I've seen those.

The prequels were entirely on the opposite end of the spectrum in 'good'. Not great, but good.

I think they are good, but not "great" like the older ones. I grew up with only the originals so I am biased, but the originals evoke a lot of feeling in me, and the prequels really don't. I think they are very good for what they are; definitely high up on my sci-fi action list, but I wouldn't say any of them are my favorite movies.

I think they're fine, all 6 of them. I had my period of nitpicking back in the day, but now I just enjoy what I enjoy and don't bother so much with what I don't.

The only thing I don't get is why GL keeps changing stuff around. It's not like he found a typo somewhere and decides to fix it, but rather changes rather random stuff imo for something else just as random.

I grew up with the originals, but Revenge of the Sith just maybe my favorite.

The opening Space battle was epic, General Grievous was cool concept for a character. Palpatine showing every one who's Boss. Battle of the Heroes was awesome except when Anakin is riding on the little droid's head.

And of course Anakin sporting the Jedi Mullet; what a "top man."

What do you guys dislike about the new movies and like about the old ones then? Just a general question, perhaps I'll have a better understanding then.

Well, as I stated: The first movie had some weak notes at the end (central to Jar Jar and Anakin's role in the Battle of Naboo - I would have been fine with them playing smaller parts in the ground battle and the space engagement, respectively). I think they could have had Jar Jar end up a war hero in a far less ridiculous (but, come on, it's Jar Jar. It still would have been both a little ridiculous and entirely on accident), while not having it been quite as sweeping. Similarly, I think Anakin being almost solely responsible for the droid control ship blowing up was weak as it is. It'd been far better if he had just created an opening that was key to it's destruction. That alone would have made him an impressive character without shoving it in your face and beating you with it. Other then those flaws for the most part, the first movie was fine.

The second only really suffered in pacing issues. Some things that really shouldn't have taken as long as they did drug on forever, and some things that I felt should have been explored more were just kind of glazed over. It was trying to be two different kinds of movies and failing at doing either adequately, though there was still a lot of good stuff in it and it set the tone for the third movie perfectly (albeit in a bumbling fashion). I think they could have set up the sub-plot between Anakin/Padme fine without going into as much detail over it (and save most of that for the novelization), because we've seen that kind of thing from Lucas before (Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) where he's made it subtle, plot relevant, and still made you feel there was something there without as much exposition to the fact.

I can't think of any real complaints for the third movie off-hand, other then that I'd have vastly preferred a cooler fight with Grievous. I got that in the Microseries, though, so I'm willing to let that slide. The pacing and overall storytelling was far better by the third movie, and while they could have smoothed the ending out a bit more, I'm fine with it. It was a set-up to A New Hope, and an acceptable one.

I prefer the new ones over the old ones and third is hanging on the edge. I just didn't much like the storyline in 4-6 and I really dislike Luke's actor... And they never made me feel like Palpatine was much of villain, more like just a regular crooked politician who then got thrown out of the club by the bouncer.

The greatest thorn for me is the disparity of the time when the trilogies were made. The original trilogies were made even before I was born and watching them after watching the prequels is simply not believable. If it were made into sequels THEN I can appreciate the improved special effects, the fancy lightsaber duels etc.

I enjoy them. I grew up before they were released so I am more of a fan of the Trilogy, but I still fit them in marathons and what-not. I think Episode 2 is my least watched film from all six though. I'm not sure why. I just find myself very rarely watching that one. I really liked Episode 3, and 1 is OK from time to time.