[Suggestion] Companion head slot toggle

dangadget

I completely support this.... I found another thread on this topic earlier today that wasn't in the suggestion forum, and posted the following there:

I'd like to have an option, independent for both my character and my companion, to turn on a vanity headgear location. Turn this option on and you have access to an extra headgear spot for just looks. Don't put an item in there and you will show no headgear, or put an item there and you will display that item but get no stats from it. The vanity headgear spot would still check for armor type qualification, so a class with light armor only would not be able to display a medium or heavy armor piece.

I think the best part about a vanity headgear option is that you can wear one of the many social items in combat, but still benefit from the stats of your actual headgear.

Been looking for an option to do this, guess there just isn't one. Too bad, cause some of Vette and Quinn's head pieces look atrocious. Vette's lekku cause additional problems. Shame to waste all of that rigging and work on companion faces when most of the time they're gonna be firmly lodged in a helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! Also, I would love to be able to toggle my character's helmet on or off. I spent literally hours doing up my lady smuggler's hair just perfectly - and now all I ever see is some stupid headgear!

Although: one big compliment to the developers: right now my smuggler is wearing a kind of helmet / cap which also covers her mouth with some tubes attached. Like I said: I don't want to look at that all the time BUT: it is absolutely amazing how even the voice changes; it really does sound like she is speaking through some kind of electronic mouthpiece. Great job on the reality input!

THanks!

I agree! Also, I would love to be able to toggle my character's helmet on or off. I spent literally hours doing up my lady smuggler's hair just perfectly - and now all I ever see is some stupid headgear!

Although: one big compliment to the developers: right now my smuggler is wearing a kind of helmet / cap which also covers her mouth with some tubes attached. Like I said: I don't want to look at that all the time BUT: it is absolutely amazing how even the voice changes; it really does sound like she is speaking through some kind of electronic mouthpiece. Great job on the reality input!

THanks!

You can turn off the helmet on your character. It's under preferences > social > show head slot.

/signed

I've been wanting this since beta. It makes no sense to give us options for changing our companion looks when they are in helmets all the time. As it is, I don't have any of my companions except for my main use one in helmets so I don't have to look at them in the ship with them on. It makes it annoying to have to remember to get their helmet out of storage and equip it if I want to use them.

I like the effort you went though to have facial expressions on characters, companions and npcs, and I hate it when I can't see it because of the helmet. I'm glad that it's in for people who want that, but for the rest of us, can we have the option to not see them?

Also, could we get a option to hotkey toggle helm? It's more of an rp thing, so I understand if it's not a priority.