Healers need some defense

Xerkerlol

So I think my biggest complaint about healing is that I don't have great survivability with melee on me. The bubble doesn't take very much damage and I don't have much CC to get someone off me. We have electrocute, overload, and whirlwind, but I honestly think whirlwind is the most worthless pvp CC in the game when someone is on you.

I have tons of CC when I'm dps if I spec into imp overload and imp bubble, but I shouldn't have to go that far into a dps tree to be able to keep melee off me. With so few healers in bgs, I get focused like none other, so I would like for some kind of AOE CC that can get them off and I can make a break for it. Either that, or make imp overload something you don't' have to spec into.

i disagree. I often pvp as a healer on my sorc (roughly i go 1 week dps 1 week healer, to keep things interesting), and i think better tricks would make a corruption sorc pretty much godlike.

You already have a kb, a stun, a snare, force speed, static barrier. Pretty much all you need to get the **** out any tough situation, even non considering the fact that you can go resurgence --> and double force bending big heal or big heal innervate and literally tank people beating on you if you react fast enough to interrupts or bait it earlier preparing to dump the big ones.

Most of all, what keeps a sorc alive anyway is positioning and prekiting, might be because i come from the ancient era where /anything/ would interrupt a cast and /everything/ had a cast time (daoc, <3 ), but it comes natural to me, and trust me, that's your better survival's tool.

Edited by PaZZo

oh dude for real?

sorc. got awesome damage, perfect heals duper kiting

and u ask for more ? :3

Lets make a class where u can off tank, puts ur dots on, cc, heal and bubble ppl to save time for the healer to heal them..

and hope not the whole server play this character...

Your wrong pazzo once WE are stunned its over. I think that's the point he's making. You must not play much healer cause you arent out healing a dps'er on yourself. You are right about kiting but that only works if thr dont chase! One stun and we are dead. I notice soon as everyone notices me healing its over. And for you to call us tanks thats funny man.

lol, if u are dieing with one stun and u got some gear problems my friend...

well, lets assume when 2+ operatives or sins on u, and u are alone, u are most likely dead, but when there is only one on u , use ur stun then start kiting, or stay in a safe place, cover like snips and do some damage,,,, thats ur job, protecting u is others,,,

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9970/screenshot2012012003084.jpg

i mean if this guy can do this much damage, and u are complaning that 'one stun and im dead' and there must be something wrong with ur gameplay...

sorcerers are not the class u jump right in the middle of the fight, u stay back and DPS.. unless there is a powertech guarding u... + a healer around..

u cant just do top dps (generally) and not be squishy.

+ really, if u are the main healer and u have to get someone guarding u...

thats the way it is...

a stun lasts 4 secs top. No class can dish out 16k (let's say 19kish with bubble up?) damage in 4 secs. If you die in a stun duration, you had 3 people on you, and there's no reason you should survive 3 people on you by yourself.

As stun wears off, knockback, speed, cleanse if you have a snare on, snare the guy chasing you yourself, say good bye to the guy that was beating on you 'cause that's polite. That should buy you time enough to get some help / make the guy change target /whatever. If you die, you got outplayed, it's as simple as that

Of couse the word "tanking" was a bit of an exageration, but believe me you can take more punishment as a healing sorc than any non tank spec'd AC, bar a mara/sentinel that pops all his defensive CDs

Buddy stop bringing your lightning speccd sorc into this conversation. Cause the answers your giving me I use when im dps spec not full heals. Anyone can get away frm damage the point is squishy healer issue. Why not move to another thread if your so convinced your right . OP is actually looking for ferdback that helps. I dont understand do you really have to be that nerdy and annoying?

The problem is this, electrocute is mostly worthless because they trinket out of it, and sprint doesn't get you nearly far enough away when there's so much range in this game. Imp bind is great, but I have to spec into it.

All I want is some kind of "oh crap" button that I can pop as a healer and run. Think psychic scream :)

Smugglers have hit me INSANELY hard at 50, with full PvP gear. If there was a chatlog or the DPS was on screen for long enough I'd have proof. But I've honestly died within the duration of a stun by a Smuggler and ONLY a smuggler.

Stealthers are the biggest problem, atleast in DAOC Stealth movement speed was about 60% of normal move speed. They also just Vanish as soon as they get into trouble.

It's always annoying when you see Commando's out there, who heal for more than I do and take a lot more DPS than I do. Aswell as give out more dps than I do.

I wouldn't mind getting one more cc type talent in our healing tree, maybe something to make our knockback better, like the lightning talent that roots people.

But, even without it, I don't really have issues staying alive in pvp. Learn to always los when you can. And when you have multiple melee on you snare one and stun another, and dash behind something and chain heal back to full. Even with just 2-3 melee pounding away on me I can usually keep myself up pretty good (besides a scoundrel/operative). Just vary your heals, cause we have the upside of having multiple casted heals, so when one gets interrupted just start using another one.

On scoundrels/operatives bursting us down quickly. They're doing that to just about everyone at the moment. Their opener burst will get nerfed, just gonna have to deal with it for now.

Edit: Also, if you're spec'd for it and can anticipate when you're about to get jumped by a couple melee. Throwing down a revivification near you can really help making you effectively unkillable for the duration.

Edited by Ashkelon

Pazzo = Pazzoo from Kay DAOC? :o haha.

nope, Pazzo (just 1 o) from Lancelot daoc (plus various alts, and a spinoff on Tristan and Galahad with different names, who** accounts ftw :p ), never played on kay, or GW, or WAR (euro, karak eight peaks, untill that egyptian style crap). The Good Fellas, Rush, Esoteric Warriors as the guilds i've been in during those games, altough in the last months of my daoc (a bit after that minotaur thingie) days i played mostly with Suzerain^^ we met? xD

@ someone else, uhm, i wasnt talking about lightning spec sorc, *** lol, nothing i mentioned requires lightning spec

Edited by PaZZo