Sniper PVP

plastikmanNL

So I've had the game for almost a month now, "powerleveled" during the holidays and kept on leveling in a normal pace up till now. So at the moment I'm level 47 hoping to hit lvl 50 sometime next week.

I hadn't really pvp'ed yet and now their are different brackets I thought I'd give it a go before I hit lvl 50 and get rolfstomped by heavilily pvp geared guys.

I've been reading the forums somewhat so I know about the faction inbalance and that I would probably be matches on huttball most of the time but that's np since they will be making new pvp maps soon.

Already after 5 minutes of play I don't know wether to laugh or to cry, and I wonder if bioware even played/tested snipers during development. It really is so bad.

- Taking cover has inmense inbuilt lag, even when using F in stead of 2 ( witch is already a ******** workaround I mean come on ). By the time your in cover your enemy is often already out of range or he has dps'ed you half down already.

- To make it even worse, once you tried to take cover but once again it failed and you decide to engage the persuit it lags so hard that 3 seconds later you char flies into cover somewhere totally random.

- A lot of the time skills wont even fire, yeah really

- Because of the immense "lag/delay" you often find yourself with your back to the enemy,thus canceling your attack, as their are not stupid enough to stand in front of you for the 5 seconds it takes to fire a single shot.

- Targeting with TAB doesnt really work as well as it should. When I'm chasing somebody and their aren't really any other targets nearby and I hit TAB four times or more I exptect to atleast target the guy right in from of my one time. But usually it comes down to targeting with the mouse.

All in all a very bad experience on my part and I really don't see how they are going to improve it any time soon.

So I've had the game for almost a month now, "powerleveled" during the holidays and kept on leveling in a normal pace up till now. So at the moment I'm level 47 hoping to hit lvl 50 sometime next week.

I hadn't really pvp'ed yet and now their are different brackets I thought I'd give it a go before I hit lvl 50 and get rolfstomped by heavilily pvp geared guys.

I've been reading the forums somewhat so I know about the faction inbalance and that I would probably be matches on huttball most of the time but that's np since they will be making new pvp maps soon.

Already after 5 minutes of play I don't know wether to laugh or to cry, and I wonder if bioware even played/tested snipers during development. It really is so bad.

- Taking cover has inmense inbuilt lag, even when using F in stead of 2 ( witch is already a ******** workaround I mean come on ). By the time your in cover your enemy is often already out of range or he has dps'ed you half down already.

- To make it even worse, once you tried to take cover but once again it failed and you decide to engage the persuit it lags so hard that 3 seconds later you char flies into cover somewhere totally random.

- A lot of the time skills wont even fire, yeah really

- Because of the immense "lag/delay" you often find yourself with your back to the enemy,thus canceling your attack, as their are not stupid enough to stand in front of you for the 5 seconds it takes to fire a single shot.

- Targeting with TAB doesnt really work as well as it should. When I'm chasing somebody and their aren't really any other targets nearby and I hit TAB four times or more I exptect to atleast target the guy right in from of my one time. But usually it comes down to targeting with the mouse.

All in all a very bad experience on my part and I really don't see how they are going to improve it any time soon.

Targeting is not broken your just doing it wrong. Don't TAB when your trying to nuke the closest target. Go in your preferences turn on Target closest Enemy. Escape or Click Environment off your current target and then press a new attack... it auto targets the closest person 100% of the time. I have not really encountered any lag I have small amount of lag on the larger battles in Ilum and sometimes randomly in a war zone once in a blue moon the game will desync for a minute.. but both players suffer from so its not extremely bad just annoying.

Edited by Furyofwar

Targeting is not broken your just doing it wrong. Don't TAB when your trying to nuke the closest target. Go in your preferences turn on Target closest Enemy. Escape or Click Environment off your current target and then press a new attack... it auto targets the closest person 100% of the time.

Especially for snipers, you might not want the closest target. You want the target in front of you. I agree that the option to target the closest enemy is generally useful though.

Sniper pvp is annoying

Our defense against many things is cover yet people can stun us and we are out of cover..

If they would let us stay in cover during a stun it would be better .. ability lag for cover is the worst and by the time im in it im at 50% health

O well , i rerolled tropper and i gank every sniper i see with my cryo grenade

Especially for snipers, you might not want the closest target. You want the target in front of you. I agree that the option to target the closest enemy is generally useful though.

If its a sniper only issue then I have no idea. Don't play that class. Although we are a PvP guild on Darth Sion and none of the other snipers have mentioned anything. So idk.

Sniper pvp is annoying

Our defense against many things is cover yet people can stun us and we are out of cover..

If they would let us stay in cover during a stun it would be better .. ability lag for cover is the worst and by the time im in it im at 50% health

O well , i rerolled tropper and i gank every sniper i see with my cryo grenade

Thats true Sniper really bad for pvp atm but pve single target dps and overroll dps better then any classes i think

1. Yes cover is buggy as hell for gunslingers but it's workable. I do fine in pvp, always getting the most damage, most kills, and least deaths. Your battlefield awareness will get you screwed far more than having to wait 2 seconds on cover to activate.

2. Yes, our skills sometimes decide to randomly not fire. Aimed shot and speed shot are the common culprits, even casting their long castimes, but deciding at the end to not to anything. But even charged burst can do it. What I suspect is the problem lies with queuing another skill after it, and the server not being prepared to register both or something. My experience always has the second skill firing off, not the first.

3.If a target gets behind me while I'm channeling on him, my person simply rotates around. I have no idea what you are complaining about with the people behind you. 48 valor and I have had no trouble with that.

I haven't played sniper so I can not comment on your situation but let me tell you as a grappler/leaper you are frustrating target as you can not be grappled/lept to, as a melee class that rely on that to close range a sniper is difficult to beat given the distance.