Lvl 50 bracket pvp specs .. Which do you like ?:)

Skirnirr

So, now that we have no WZ buff. how are you guys doing dmg wise is annihilation still the best or have any of you had success with Rage or Carnage ? If so let me know below I want to know about the biggest crits you've gotten , most damage done in games and post all that info and tell me what spec your using I would love to know ! I'm currently Annh but I haven't played many games since the patch but I was in a game with my jugg just and he is rage spec and had over 400k dmg done in one game so Im curious to see how all of you marauders are doing! :)

I can't speak for other mara's but i have fairly good gear and have broken 300k one time. I'm currently annihilation spec and stay over 200k each game but between the lag i have and everything 300k is hard because i PuG most days. I've also noticed that jug's beat mara's in every WZ i've been in and i'm usually the top mara on damage. I'd like to see what other mara's have to say though.

I've been playing rage for the entirety of my pre-50 experience, and it's a lot of fun. Not for everyone though since you need to way for abilities to come back up before you can smash groups. There is something really satisfying with walking in to a group of 5 guys and doing 8 - 10k damage to them collectively.

I'd say try it, and see if it jives with you. if not, absolutely nothing wrong with going a different way.

Edited by Caffinated

I'm annihilation, solo queue almost every game and never queue with a pocket healer.

My damage is between 300-400k every game (almost all single-target), with around 75k healing, which I think is pretty decent. Last game I had 50 kills, 26 killing blows, 5 solo kills and 2 deaths. That was against a team that had two partially-fitted BM players. With full BM gear I anticipate being able to average 400k+ in full-time warzones such as huttball or voidstar. The damage is certainly there.

It is a very difficult class to play well, but the sheer amount of diverse abilities we have makes us useful in a ton of different situations. Plus we can buff our entire party regardless of where we are on the map. That's pretty cool. With biochem, annihilate can easily crit for 5-6k+ with 500-1k bleed crits EACH, and I don't even have BM gear yet, so the burst is certainly there.

Anni ramps up as you gain survivability through damage mitigation + heals, which you get with better PVP gear because many of the abilities of anni start stacking as you continuously attack targets. A reasonably well-geared marauder is a completely different experience than the very painful initial levels of the class, or the very beginning of the 50 bracket.

Edited by deathTouchIG

I'm annihilation, solo queue almost every game and never queue with a pocket healer.

My damage is between 300-400k every game (almost all single-target), with around 75k healing, which I think is pretty decent. Last game I had 50 kills, 26 killing blows, 5 solo kills and 2 deaths. That was against a team that had two partially-fitted BM players. With full BM gear I anticipate being able to average 400k+ in full-time warzones such as huttball or voidstar. The damage is certainly there.

It is a very difficult class to play well, but the sheer amount of diverse abilities we have makes us useful in a ton of different situations. With biochem, annihilate can easily crit for 5-6k+ with 500-1k bleed crits EACH, and I don't even have BM gear yet.

Pretty much how I'm doing except with less damage. I've seen my bleed crits hit as high as 1.1k each, love it. The UI lag is killing me so badly though. I could be averaging 350k per match but now it's more like 250k.

Pretty much how I'm doing except with less damage. I've seen my bleed crits hit as high as 1.1k each, love it. The UI lag is killing me so badly though. I could be averaging 350k per match but now it's more like 250k.

Yes the UI lag is a big cap right now on what we can do. On the home page BW says they are currently working on three separate issues they've identified to address it, and I'm really hoping that pans out.

If I could interrupt targets immediately when they cast abilities like heals or grav round/tracer missle, rather than having a 1+ second delay (which sometimes goes off AFTER they are done casting it, thus putting my interrupt on CD without applying the crucial spell lockout/silence), the mara could all but decimate them every time without much issue.

Edited by deathTouchIG

Yes the UI lag is a big cap right now on what we can do. On the home page BW says they are currently working on three separate issues they've identified to address it, and I'm really hoping that pans out.

If I could interrupt targets immediately when they cast abilities like heals or grav round/tracer missle, rather than having a 1+ second delay (which sometimes goes off AFTER they are done casting it, thus putting my interrupt on CD without applying the crucial spell lockout/silence), the mara could all but decimate them every time without much issue.

Absolutely agree on the interrupts.

Rage is jut too awkward for me, I don't like obliterate and trying to buff up smash is just meh. It does do a lot of damage though. I leveled up carnage and was very disappointed when I hit 50 because it looked like the tree that would be best for pvp. Since hitting 50 I've been anni most of the time. I just switched back to carnage now that I'm geared out and i would definitely say it's viable. The most damage I've done so far in a game was as carnage spec.

carnage is underrated

just some highlights,

- 15% movement speed in ataru form

- deadly throw also procs a 3sec root

- ravage roots for the whole channel

- force camo breaks roots/snares

- gore (100% armor pen for 6 sec) --> massacre (automatic blood frenzy) --> force scream (100% crit chance with blood frenzy up) is win

Edited by Nisa

I'm annihilation, everytime I pop Berserk it's an instant 6k dmg when bleeds are applied. They tick for 1k+.

Bleeds eat away everyone.

I'm annihilation also and vote this best.

a few days ago i was watching my bleeds tick on an assassin that is decently geared, hitting for 745 damage not crit... Just imagine in that 30% crit bonus worked with these critting. you know how much damage that is, insane, that's how much.

carnage is underrated

just some highlights,

- 15% movement speed in ataru form

- deadly throw also procs a 3sec root

- ravage roots for the whole channel

- force camo breaks roots/snares

- gore (100% armor pen for 6 sec) --> massacre (automatic blood frenzy) --> force scream (100% crit chance with blood frenzy up) is win

or i could just use 745 damage dot ticks that ignore armor and annihilate that does more damage non crit than force scream does with that rotation, oh and in less time.

Edited by Xerain

i love both carnage and anni, but with anni i live longer. With carnage and anni the class is basicaly unkitable cuz of low cd charge + 0m force charge and carnage got root + snare, i love the force camo 100% snare remove though in carnage but i love the ticks of anni, i hate it when i have to buff 1st though XD Edited by ReFlexionn

or i could just use 745 damage dot ticks that ignore armor and annihilate that does more damage non crit than force scream does with that rotation, oh and in less time.

..cool

i wasnt implying anni was a bad spec :rolleyes:

a few days ago i was watching my bleeds tick on an assassin that is decently geared, hitting for 745 damage not crit... Just imagine in that 30% crit bonus worked with these critting. you know how much damage that is, insane, that's how much.

fyi, the 30% crit bonus is currently adding 30% damage. so that's gonna get fixed

I was curious about this so I refunded my skill points and skilled up to before picking up Bleedout (whatever the sent name is). It isn't adding +30% to crit bleed/burn damage. It is just adding a flat +30% to bleed/burn damage.

This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

-Cameron