Rollback?

Boxerz

So is there a roll back happening or not? I had to work on the day of the big valor rush of 2012 so I didn't get to exploit the system like everyone else. So basically the hard work that I put in to get my valor before hand means nothing now that people I know who were 10-20 levels below me a couple of days ago have surpassed me. Call it QQing all you want but I'm done, unsubbing. I'll come back if things are straightened out but in the mean time what's the use in paying?

You people are fools if you take this lying down. I mean I know there will be quite a few of you who will either call me a whiner or a troll but I've just come to expect higher quality out of games that I pay for.

Edited by Boxerz

So is there a roll back happening or not? I had to work on the day of the big valor rush of 2012 so I didn't get to exploit the system like everyone else. So basically the hard work that I put in to get my valor before hand means nothing now that people I know who were 10-20 levels below me a couple of days ago have surpassed me. Call it QQing all you want but I'm done, unsubbing. I'll come back if things are straightened out but in the mean time what's the use in paying?

You people are fools if you take this lying down. I mean I know there will be quite a few of you who will either call me a whiner or a troll but I've just come to expect higher quality out of games that I pay for.

I agree with u 100%, it's not fair.

But it seems BW doesnt give a ****, they are supposed to take actions vs abuser, but so far nothing and i doubt that they will do something.

I unsub too.

So aside the fact that people were spawn camping. How is it any different now? Where people spend all day in an ops group hunting down the opposite faction and steamrolling them and farming valor that way. People are still gaming valor faster then grinding in warzone BG's.

On my server atleast there were several ops groups of both factions on illum, all day long.

If you really think punishing the whole player base over something only a small part did is a good business strategy then you're awfully foolish.

It would have been a good idea 6 hours after the patch came out

It is no longer a good idea 2 days after the patch came out.

No it wasn't. They'd end up pissing off more people that way.

Pissing off who? People that sat in the base and farmed anyone that came in? The patch was live in the morning the major people it would have hurt is maybe eruos.

IF it was an exploit as opposed to bad design (which i belive it was bad design) a roll back would be the thing to do. It would piss people off but it would prob only piss off the people who abused the problem. You piss people off no matter what in an mmo so you better to piss off less people than more. Clearly we only know how the outcome of no roll back turned out.

Pissing off who? People that sat in the base and farmed anyone that came in? The patch was live in the morning the major people it would have hurt is maybe eruos.

IF it was an exploit as opposed to bad design (which i belive it was bad design) a roll back would be the thing to do. It would piss people off but it would prob only piss off the people who abused the problem. You piss people off no matter what in an mmo so you better to piss off less people than more. Clearly we only know how the outcome of no roll back turned out.

A rollback would affect EVERYONE. It would affect people that don't even do PvP. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it won't affect anyone else. And your maybe euros comment just adds to the fact that you care only about yourself no one else.

If you really think punishing the whole player base over something only a small part did is a good business strategy then you're awfully foolish.

A small part? Ehm..For what I understand the majority of the empire population, world wide, spent their whole day in Ilum farming the few poor bastards that got stuck in the ress-disaster.

Dont come here and say "a few".

And the matter still stands. What they should have done (atleast when it became obvious, after a few hours, via livestreams, tickets And an exploding forum) was to simply pull the switch and shut down the servers (the only ones who would have been mad would have been the damn exploiters, and who gives a crap about what they think? besides BW/EA apparently) to simply roll them back those few hours and shut down Ilum.

Then they should have gone to the forums, admitted that Something didn't work as intended and that they would bring servers back up asap but without Ilum. And that they would investigate and fix the issues IN DUE TIME! Not throw in some worthless patch that added more bugs, fixed nothing and stop clapping their own backs. Oh, and a *********** apologize might be in order? When I pay for something I either expects to a) to get what I bought, or b) to get a damn good explanation and excuse for why I did Not receive what I paid for..

Poor managemant is POOR! Grow some balls and take action! You know, it is your game after all...This just proves how little they actually care about the Game experience and how much more they value the income they get (my life on a bet that what took so long, was all the risk meetings they had, about wheter they should cater to the larger group, or just do the right thing. Guess the latter lost).

A rollback would affect EVERYONE. It would affect people that don't even do PvP. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it won't affect anyone else. And your maybe euros comment just adds to the fact that you care only about yourself no one else.

Im sorry you get so easily tweaked by my stating that eruos would be the most effected by this since they would have the majority of the play time as the US is at work for most of the time the patch was live.

While a roll back would hurt people for that time period (using your assumption that they roll back everything and not whatever field stores valor value). It would have shown the player base that bioware cares more about fair play than what it seems they currently do. Game news sites ran with the information and people who would be considering joining would be turned off.