PvP Content Streching and fooling us?

Fantastix

Gj Bw, changing battlemaster bags into a grindfast farming festival and then telling us "ohh we are changing it for the good.. no more rng, no more tokens, you get commendations, w/e"

are you serious?

with the old token system, ppl were getting the set within 2++ weeks

with that commendation system, ppl will definately need at least twice the time ..

what about ppl that gained the gear advantage?

but what really pisses me off is, that you can actually think, its easy to fool us, making it way harder for us players to obtain gear (nice idea for content streching btw, keep ppl farming) and then TELLING US THAT YOU ARE MAKING THE SYSTEM BETTER FOR US???

really good job

Gj Bw, changing battlemaster bags into a grindfast farming festival and then telling us "ohh we are changing it for the good.. no more rng, no more tokens, you get commendations, w/e"

are you serious?

with the old token system, ppl were getting the set within 2++ weeks

with that commendation system, ppl will definately need at least twice the time ..

what about ppl that gained the gear advantage?

but what really pisses me off is, that you can actually think, its easy to fool us, making it way harder for us players to obtain gear (nice idea for content streching btw, keep ppl farming) and then TELLING US THAT YOU ARE MAKING THE SYSTEM BETTER FOR US???

really good job

Actually, it is still RNG. Battlemaster items cost anywhere from 1 to 3 battlemaster commendations (1 for relics, 2 for set items, 3 for weapons). Each BM bag you open has a random chance (RNG) of dropping a BM commendation, and from the 6 bags I've opened so far since patch I've already gotten 3 commendations... So either I'm lucky or the chance is a little higher.

It's actually far better now since you can buy what you WANT with your battlemaster commendations instead of being unlucky and getting repeats of the same items over and over.

Try to at least learn about this kind of stuff before you make a big whiny rage post.

Edited by Kutsus

A system that will fit on top of the current system at all rank levels and allow you to complete your gearsets without a large programming/time/money cost from the developer.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=204881

Gambling is retarded. Progression is imperative. Make players feel good, make players play better, find more folks playing longer.

In an ideal world, Battlemaster should take months to achieve. It's also not that much better than Champion anyway.

In an ideal world, spending an inordinate amount of time playing the same Warzones to grind for marginal gear upgrades is the norm.

I don't know what the **** your ideal world looks like, but I do not want to live there.

In an ideal world, spending an inordinate amount of time playing the same Warzones to grind for marginal gear upgrades is the norm.

I don't know what the **** your ideal world looks like, but I do not want to live there.

The MMO world.

You know, the place where developers want you to focus on long term achievement so you will play and pay longer instead of going derp bored because you got everything in first week and QQ over having nothing to do because you did everything already.

Instant gratifications are bad for MMOs that are planning to live longer then a year.

Edited by Lerdoc

The MMO world.

You know, the place where developers want you to focus on long term achievement so you will play and pay longer instead of going derp bored because you got everything in first week and QQ over having nothing to do because you did everything already.

Instant gratifications are bad for MMOs that are planning to live longer then a year.

You know? You're right.

No one would ever play a game with a progression system for more than a year.

It's not like there are still Modern Warfare servers up or anything.

Oh, wait. There are. And they don't really have that much variation (speaking now of the original) in weapons and such. But somehow people are still amused by playing it despite the fact that they are -all- universally max level.

A lot of games compel people to continue playing time and time again. A lot of times, folks just want to improve their best score or prove they can in fact get 12 headshots in a match or really cement once and for all that they're better than other people.

Folks still play WoW PvP just for the PvP. I have a friend who's been twinked at 49 since 2006.

These games can be fun. Coming up with interesting ways to change **** up in PvP at all levels is what keeps things fresh; MW players can swap guns, twinks can respect and juggle gear, all sorts of folks will keep things going. But making it so you just have to grind endlessly for gear gets people to leave more than stay.

Oh, you want me to grind for 160 hours to get a gun that's a marginal from mine? Maybe I'll just go play Skyrim and the Witcher 2. All the way through. Twice each.

Intrinsic trumps extrinsic in every single case. Make it fun, keep it fresh, keep your players. Add grinds, get dicked like Warhammer.

You know? You're right.

No one would ever play a game with a progression system for more than a year.

It's not like there are still Modern Warfare servers up or anything.

Oh, wait. There are. And they don't really have that much variation (speaking now of the original) in weapons and such. But somehow people are still amused by playing it despite the fact that they are -all- universally max level.

A lot of games compel people to continue playing time and time again. A lot of times, folks just want to improve their best score or prove they can in fact get 12 headshots in a match or really cement once and for all that they're better than other people.

Folks still play WoW PvP just for the PvP. I have a friend who's been twinked at 49 since 2006.

These games can be fun. Coming up with interesting ways to change **** up in PvP at all levels is what keeps things fresh; MW players can swap guns, twinks can respect and juggle gear, all sorts of folks will keep things going. But making it so you just have to grind endlessly for gear gets people to leave more than stay.

Oh, you want me to grind for 160 hours to get a gun that's a marginal from mine? Maybe I'll just go play Skyrim and the Witcher 2. All the way through. Twice each.

Intrinsic trumps extrinsic in every single case. Make it fun, keep it fresh, keep your players. Add grinds, get dicked like Warhammer.

id agree with you if there wasnt a subscription involved. all those games you mentioned do not require patches, updates, events, and all the other things that go into an mmo.

i dont like fruit, but i think its apples and oranges.

id agree with you if there wasnt a subscription involved. all those games you mentioned do not require patches, updates, events, and all the other things that go into an mmo.

i dont like fruit, but i think its apples and oranges.

I think WoW PvP came up in there. And while I understand that a subscription makes the need to keep players greater, it -also- means that scaring them off with massive, weeks-long grinds is a much better way to lose than keep them.

And everything needs patches, updates, and events. A lot of games that aren't MMOs get those. They even get paid for most of it now; ****, way back when games were new and developers were dew-eyed hippies who just enjoyed their craft, they released map packs -for free- instead of charging money for 'em.

Is everybody still missing the fact that they actually decreased the grindiness of BM gear? Although I would prefer a completely different pvp progression system (looking at daoc here), they have at least improved the one that is currently in place.

The MMO world.

Personally put me in the boat of "I want them to design great and awesome games instead of ok games chocked full of filler to keep me there longer."

I personally think that great games keep making money, but require more effort and return less profit margin as well as it being difficult to ensure a great game. Thus corporations use the RPG excuse to slum it.

I can name countless games from the past simply designed so well that they sold forever instead of the mindless time consuming trash that people slog through and then once they finally hit that end game they move on.