Please give us a way to get rid of certain companions

Dire-Wolf

So today I got a new companion who I do not like at all. I do not want him on my ship, I do not want him listed under my crew window and I especially do not want him to show up and talk in cutscenes that feature all my companions. I would love a way to get rid of him.

Back in beta there was apparently a way to kill companions permanently but they removed it because people were stupid and killed their companions and then complained about it. I doubt they'd add it back in. Instead though they could let us freeze our companions in carbonite and keep them in storage on our ship. That way we wouldn't have to deal with companions we don't like but if we really need them back for whatever reason we can just unfreeze them.

Of course freezing your companion would lower their affection towards you but it would be worth it to not have to deal with them.

Yeah I wish they gave you some kind of choice in the matter of companions. Like "here are 10 companions who want to join your crew. Choose any five."

They tried it, people *****ed, they took it out.

Yeah, the really annoying part though is they didn't take out the parts of the story where the decision to kill the companion is supposed to take place. For example in the Sith Warrior storyline...

Your companion Quinn betrays you, sides with your archenemy, and tries to kill you. Once you defeat him you're supposed to have the option to kill him for betraying you. Instead you are presented with 3 options, all of them basically saying, "I forgive you."

Having the feature removed was bad enough, but leaving intact the part of the story that makes you want to kill your companion without being able to do so is even worse.

Edited by rylixav