SWTOR and the lack of community

Criminall

First off I want to say this is a great game for what it is. I love the hero style story line where I feel like im the man and if they keep me down ill rise above and take what I want.

With that said I don't want to compair this game too SWG thats like compairing apples and oranges but in the end they are both fruit.

BUT the end game is lacking in reguards to community. The reason SWG was so successful at one point (the WoW of its time) was the community. Not only where they Star Wars lovers but people built communitys to be proud of. Friends that many still have today that have traveled to many diffrent mmo games or have stayed connected to one another.

End game has small a community and many of them are mostly here to just tackling end game content or PvP. Once they complete that they are done and move on... Kinda reminds me of WoW end game content. PvP to get gear or run flashpoints for gear. But the real heart of the Star Wars Universe is the conflict and the lore.

What do I mean? People have no reason to revisit a planet after they finish with that area. They move on and at the end of game there is only the space station to hang out at.

Someone mentioned to me Ilum for open world PvP or Tat because of the open world PvP.

But realy how does that effect me? It doesn't!

In SWG communitys where built on planets by players making towns then those towns where Rebel or Imp controled and then basicly that Planet was Imperial owned or Rebel owned. The communitys on the planets filled the cantinas, went out exploring for items or ran the instances of the planet. The conflict was there because others tried to retake planets or build communitys for what was there. Fightnig would blowup and people felt the inner struggle of the Star Wars Universe because it had an effect on them. Some times planets where split and the conflict was so heavy between the communitys it would lead to all out war over the planet.

If you don't aggree with me thats fine. Cancel your subscription and go back to WoW like you posted 20 times already on every thread here. But those who have experianced a community like this before understand what I am talking about. SWTOR isnt lost its a new game and future content could bring the community closer togeather but untill then people will trickle away because its not a new concept of "PVP for gear and Flashpoint for gear" and people will get burned out quick

SWG had strong community mainly because it had strong social features ingame.

You would barter and discuss (and sometimes beg) and Artisan to make you a house and before that a Guild master. You came to know these ppl and they came to know u.

You felt part of the world because you had your own city to travel, you could tame big animals to ride on.

People would go to cantinas injured and ask by an Entertainer to dance or play the music and ment their damaged stats.

Every raid had a scout to build camps after the battle for fast recuparation and that also brought socializing and emergence.

Forums was an extension of that beatiful thing happening in-game and it was only to be expected.

Those things are absent in SWTOR. The game copies WoW which suffers the same issues with community-based and more (because of multi-server gameplay there is no real community, maybe the Guild but without guild-aspects to bind em).

The game is only a month old... maybe try helping to build the community instead of complaining that it hasn't been done for you?

As far as I know the server group forums are planned for next week, I don't think they're necessarily lined up with the patch.

From my perspective so far I have found the community to be great for a new game.

SWG had strong community mainly because it had strong social features ingame.

You would barter and discuss (and sometimes beg) and Artisan to make you a house and before that a Guild master. You came to know these ppl and they came to know u.

You felt part of the world because you had your own city to travel, you could tame big animals to ride on.

People would go to cantinas injured and ask by an Entertainer to dance or play the music and ment their damaged stats.

Every raid had a scout to build camps after the battle for fast recuparation and that also brought socializing and emergence.

Forums was an extension of that beatiful thing happening in-game and it was only to be expected.

Those things are absent in SWTOR. The game copies WoW which suffers the same issues with community-based and more (because of multi-server gameplay there is no real community, maybe the Guild but without guild-aspects to bind em).

Those where the days....... :confused: BEST MMO ever until NGE!! Love doing my holo quest as an entertainer, then dancer straight after from the next holo..... :rolleyes: Best time of my life!! Basicaly because people needed to visit a canteena to watch entertainers to re-coup. Unles you had a ranger camp :)

I've said this many times and will again, NO other MMO will ever give you a true feeling of immersion, like SWG did in the early years. Pity SoE screwed it up :mad:

The game is only a month old... maybe try helping to build the community instead of complaining that it hasn't been done for you?

As far as I know the server group forums are planned for next week, I don't think they're necessarily lined up with the patch.

From my perspective so far I have found the community to be great for a new game.

The big problem for SWTOR from a dynamics, is that it's very linear, and not a true MMO.. Most people I've spoken with, see the game as KOTOR 3 with online play, very much a single player game. With the option to group up if required. Most of the time, I forget I'm playing an MMO at all!!

Sorry, I do like the game, but I would have sooner paid £40+ with out a sub to play it as a Single player game

As mentioned above in a previous reply, NO other MMO will ever have a community like SWG (pre-NGE)