The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Idea to upgrade Hammer Shot animation

BushidoMH

Well, we all know that it's a little bit weird to shoot off your regular rifle rounds at close range, especially if you're a Vanguard (melee trooper tank). So I thought of a small upgrade that might work. Note, this is only an animation change.

Make Hammer Shot, when used at close range, a melee combat animation. i.e. The trooper swings his rifle around like a nightstick, clobbering the enemy over and over. Doesn't look like it hits as hard as Stock Strike, but you know... little melee hits that add up. When the enemy moves past a 5 yard range, OR has been knocked down, change the animation back to blaster fire.

Makes sense, doesn't it? Plus adds an extra element of "cool" to the trooper that runs in, guns blazing, but doesn't keep the awkwardness of being a ranged fighter that attacks up-close.

Edited by BushidoMH

Well, we all know that it's a little bit weird to shoot off your regular rifle rounds at close range, especially if you're a Vanguard (melee trooper tank). So I thought of a small upgrade that might work. Note, this is only an animation change.

Make Hammer Shot, when used at close range, a melee combat animation. i.e. The trooper swings his rifle around like a nightstick, clobbering the enemy over and over. Doesn't look like it hits as hard as Stock Strike, but you know... little melee hits that add up. When the enemy moves past a 5 yard range, OR has been knocked down, change the animation back to blaster fire.

Makes sense, doesn't it? Plus adds an extra element of "cool" to the trooper that runs in, guns blazing, but doesn't keep the awkwardness of being a ranged fighter that attacks up-close.

You'd still be firing HIB and EB at point-blank-range.

Really, it's not as awkward as it's made out to be.