Here is your solution that can be applied TODAY

Tikreity

the problem is unbalnced factions, there are way too many Imps compared to Reps, mainly because its a stupid unbalanced game.

imps have better story

imps have better mirror class

imps are favourte by devs

imps got better gear design and graphic

yet the reps get absloutly nothing its no surprise the unbalnce is this bad, as it was expected in first place that imps would outnumber reps but by 1:1.5 kind of expectations not 1:4 or 1:6

Anyway this lead to PvP problems World PvP problems even PvE (cant find group or guild your options limited)

now what is the solution?

Make Illum a locked zone where only as many imps can enter as Reps are in the area, any one else has to wait in a queue and while waiting in a queue can enter Illum 1 or illum 2 etc so everyone CAN do their dailies.

1) this will balnce world pvp in illum perfectly

2) this will punish imps for selecting the much over pupolated facton by making them queue to experince world PvP

3) this will encourage imps to switch to reps, consider the queue on WZ the queue on Illum it will be THE ONLY advantage you get playing a rep.

4) AND BEST OF ALL this can be applied NOW, it need no new design no weeks or months of waiting till game is absloutly dead.

this will help many imps switch to reps (instant illum entery, instant WZ) along with future love towards Reps such as fix mirror give nice gear graphic etc this unbalnce will become MUCH less of a problem so the "******" at bioware can focus on bug

Edited by Tikreity

Side notes:

1) Imps who will oppose this are looking short term, they don’t see long term this is in everyone best interest, as it stands VAST MAJORTY of core PvP players on the reps side QUIT because idiots were QQ about how their 200 valor per kill was not that bad. Now you are looking forward to suffering a life time of Huttball against your own people and a ghost town illum

2) I personally quit without return, I am hardcore PvP rep player and gave up simply because this game has the worst developers I have ever seen in MMO world, they fail like no one ever failed before, their support is horrible and their solution shows how clueless they are, I know a small change like this will make few imps QQ but majority will understand why its been done

3) Meanwhile I advise Bioware to start saying sorry and man up grow some balls and own up to your mistakes. When they said any imp entering rep base should get instant death IS WHAT INTEND TO HAPPEN, they take all of you for fools, this has been going on for a month since release, in beta of 1.1 and in beta that run for a year AND WAS NEVER EVER MEANT TO WORK LIKE THIS. Why couldn’t you just grow some balls and say sorry?

4) I have 5 warrnings so I might be banned any second from responding to this -_-

Been suggested.

Apparently BioWare's crack team of PvP experts don't believe this will work.

Or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just went to a bar and played darts all day.

which is why I gave up on this game.

D3 soon followed by GW2 poor swtor will be fastest MMO to die

Yes, right now the wait time on warzones (save the 50 bracket, where we don't have the population to do hardly any) is the only perk to playing Republic.

This is a good solution since it kills multiple birds with one stone:

1) It will help "fix" Ilum.

2) It will help rebalance the population when Sith figure out they'll wait less if they re-roll Republic.

3) Sith will then get more warzones besides Huttball due to the increased Republic population.

4) It will get us off the Dev's back.

This will make the Republic happy, since they will get a boost in population. It will make the Sith happy, since warzones will now be more than just another Huttball vs Sith. Finally, it will make the Devs happy, since one of the major problems in the game will get deflated quite a bit. Really, at this point, the biggest issue in the game isn't a bug here or there, or that we can't progress with Kira, or whatever, it is the population balance. I'd be putting everything on the table to fix it.

Edited by JefferyClark

Why do you care if you already gave up?

cause am not playing any MMO until GW2 and nothing at all until D3 and i use to have faith in bioware, am still following up to see how bioware "people fav software company of recent times" is responding to all of this.

Honestly biggest disappointment ever, didn’t imagine this in my worst nightmares

You know when I read this all I see is a bunch of envy and crying, why should the original players on Emp be PUNISHED for playing what they want. Its not our fault your entire population switched to us for various reasons being friends or to the way our gear looks.

Don't go blaming the Emp population just because your getting the short end of the stick, blame the Developers its not our job to manage your game experience.

Also just to make a note on your requests for fixes: Dictating how many Empire that can be in Illum based on how many Republics is just a horrible idea, that give republic FULL control to completely stop Illum PVP for Empire, and if your gonna rebuttal by saying we have control now why not you? Then Id say again its not our fault the game is designed the way it is. Like really who would have thought more people wanted to play an evil A** Empire dude?!?!? Is it really a shocker?

You know when I read this all I see is a bunch of envy and crying, why should the original players on Emp be PUNISHED for playing what they want. Its not our fault your entire population switched to us for various reasons being friends or to the way our gear looks.

Don't go blaming the Emp population just because your getting the short end of the stick, blame the Developers its not our job to manage your game experience.

Also just to make a note on your requests for fixes: Dictating how many Empire that can be in Illum based on how many Republics is just a horrible idea, that give republic FULL control to completely stop Illum PVP for Empire, and if your gonna rebuttal by saying we have control now why not you? Then Id say again its not our fault the game is designed the way it is. Like really who would have thought more people wanted to play an evil A** Empire dude?!?!? Is it really a shocker?

You will still be able to do your Dailies. (in your instance until your queue pop up)

But keep thinking this way and soon this game is Imps only.

Any person who PvP will find illum a ghost town nothing but 300 imps running around hopping to find a rep here or there

keep thinking your way and your PvP experience of this game will be HUTT BALL and only HUTTBALL.

be a bit more open minded to the suggestion and see how much it could help everyone to actually rebalance the factions, fix the stupid mistakes the dev done in favouring imps.

You will still be able to do your Dailies. (in your instance until your queue pop up)

But keep thinking this way and soon this game is Imps only.

Any person who PvP will find illum a ghost town nothing but 300 imps running around hopping to find a rep here or there

keep thinking your way and your PvP experience of this game will be HUTT BALL and only HUTTBALL.

be a bit more open minded to the suggestion and see how much it could help everyone to actually rebalance the factions, fix the stupid mistakes the dev done in favouring imps.

Listen don't get me wrong I see your anger and frustration but seriously Thinking my way? Dude my pvp experience IS already all Huttball and there IS NO Republic on my server in Illum and if there is its only a rare few.

So basically Im as disappointed as you are for pvp atm in this game.

Would I like more republic to fight with? Hell yes.

Would I like this game to be more balanced as far as PVP/classes? Yes I would, but I don't like your suggestions at all and you may not like that but that's how I feel and I'm sure a few others as well.

I am open minded trust that but Ill ask you do you think honestly that we don't have imbalances against you guys where you are the one favored over us? Read the forums and you will see it from another point of view where there is plenty to go around. Just because the current state of the game looks like we are favored doesn't mean we are, it comes down to the Players to decide based on current population. What the devs do to fix bugs and imbalances with classes is up to them not the Empire side of things or vise versa.

Terrible idea. a wait time for imp to enter ilum PvP area is worst than the imbalance (though im an imp player).

my solution is to make ilum a non-pvp zone for now since PvP is fking broken. it can be applied right now and is vastly superior to your suggestion. suggestion number 2 is to remove PvP xp, and loot entirely and rollback any xp gained from PvP warzones, so PvP noobs have to play PvE to level the fk up.

Edited by eldrjth

Listen don't get me wrong I see your anger and frustration but seriously Thinking my way? Dude my pvp experience IS already all Huttball and there IS NO Republic on my server in Illum and if there is its only a rare few.

So basically Im as disappointed as you are for pvp atm in this game.

Would I like more republic to fight with? Hell yes.

Would I like this game to be more balanced as far as PVP/classes? Yes I would, but I don't like your suggestions at all and you may not like that but that's how I feel and I'm sure a few others as well.

I am open minded trust that but Ill ask you do you think honestly that we don't have imbalances against you guys where you are the one favored over us? Read the forums and you will see it from another point of view where there is plenty to go around. Just because the current state of the game looks like we are favored doesn't mean we are, it comes down to the Players to decide based on current population. What the devs do to fix bugs and imbalances with classes is up to them not the Empire side of things or vise versa.

The suggestions to solve this so far is give buff to reps (low populated faction) which means one of us will own 4 of you easy

Other makes third faction...

This is only realistic one to revive game,

carry on with huttball and no reps on illum what do you think will happen? game will die.

as it is MANY of the core PVP reps quit game (like me) i know some keeping close eye for a serious good change they may come back.

and PvE guilds and PvE players they all switching to Imps, more people to group with easier to find players busier AH etc......

In other words it’s getting worse and worse, and this solution will fix things alot more than they are right now.

I'd like it if it was like this: separate login queues for both sides. If empire players have to wait several hours to get online, whereas republic gets online immediately, that would make people to start republic alts and stuff. But then again, the whiners would ragequit so doesn't work I guess.

Ilum PvP should be made like warzones are. That would cause massive rage on empire side though since they'd again have to wait on queues for several hours, since there are hardly 20 people from Republic side in Ilum on peak hours at my server

population caps are not the solution. yes it forces even teams, but then ilum just becomes another warzone with a separate queue timer

the queue will only apply to the over populated faction

and regardless this faction will be able to join illum 2 - illum 3 but be there with their kind only until queue pop up

I'd like it if it was like this: separate login queues for both sides. If empire players have to wait several hours to get online, whereas republic gets online immediately, that would make people to start republic alts and stuff. But then again, the whiners would ragequit so doesn't work I guess.

Ilum PvP should be made like warzones are. That would cause massive rage on empire side though since they'd again have to wait on queues for several hours, since there are hardly 20 people from Republic side in Ilum on peak hours at my server

They chose the much over populated side knowing their queue will be so long for their choices.

Tough

only other option is remove reps completely from the freakn game and have a 1 side game.

in another word kill this game EVEN BEFORE GW2 come out.

I totally understand where you're coming from the only issue is with those systems eventually it will just swing the other way and the republic will be the overpopulated faction and then we have to go through this whole situation again.

Yes I'm empire and currently is sad that I go to ilum and I'm still not getting to fight republic to do my dailies, I'm sprinting in little circles picking up weapons, Changes definately need to happen but you can't punish one faction due to design flaw

edit: you say its tough that we chose the overpopulated side, why can't that argument be reversed and we say its tough you chose the underpopulated side?

It sucks for both factions the way it is now (for people who truly enjoy pvp not just the people who want easy loot) and something does need doing, that is fair to both factions

Edited by Arentius

I totally understand where you're coming from the only issue is with those systems eventually it will just swing the other way and the republic will be the overpopulated faction and then we have to go through this whole situation again.

Yes I'm empire and currently is sad that I go to ilum and I'm still not getting to fight republic to do my dailies, I'm sprinting in little circles picking up weapons, Changes definately need to happen but you can't punish one faction due to design flaw

it will NEVER swing to reps side.

this will make it 1:2 to imps still, but not 1:6 thats all there is to it

it will NEVER swing to reps side.

this will make it 1:2 to imps still, but not 1:6 thats all there is to it

Provide me with the figures which guarentee that this is what will happen, otherwise you're just blowing smoke.

As I said a fix is needed but you can't screw over one faction because they wanted to be the bad guy. because if you do people won't reroll, they'll just quit as republic players have been doing over this issue

The problem with this solution is that it assumes that convenient Ilum queues are enough of a draw to make Imperial players swap to Republic. I'm not terribly convinced about that. I think you'll just have a truckload of angry Imperial players resorting to friends or alt accounts to bolster the Republic population so they can go in and do their dailies.

The suggestions to solve this so far is give buff to reps (low populated faction) which means one of us will own 4 of you easy

Other makes third faction...

This is only realistic one to revive game,

carry on with huttball and no reps on illum what do you think will happen? game will die.

as it is MANY of the core PVP reps quit game (like me) i know some keeping close eye for a serious good change they may come back.

and PvE guilds and PvE players they all switching to Imps, more people to group with easier to find players busier AH etc......

In other words it’s getting worse and worse, and this solution will fix things alot more than they are right now.

I think some more "outside the box" Ideas would be better and No I don't really have any tbh but Copying from WoW based Ideas that already have been proven bad (Tenacity) or ones in current use or at least last I played (zone caps) Wont work for the cast majority of the game or even "revive" Republics. I kinda like the idea someone said here about separate Queue times to get on the server for the factions or even offer Faction transfers but only to the republic side and only enough to balance it out. Would I do this to have a better gaming experience? Yeah Actually I would 110% transfer over if that means I have a more consistent good pvp experience no matter if I'm winning or losing.

The problem with this solution is that it assumes that convenient Ilum queues are enough of a draw to make Imperial players swap to Republic. I'm not terribly convinced about that. I think you'll just have a truckload of angry Imperial players resorting to friends or alt accounts to bolster the Republic population so they can go in and do their dailies.

^ This to be honest, On my server a bunch of my RL mates play Republic and I play imperial, I would just get them in there to balance it out so I can get what I need and go. Because funnily enough I don't want to wait around not being able to do anything just like you guys don't wanna do anything.

and regardless this faction will be able to join illum 2 - illum 3 but be there with their kind only until queue pop up

I dont like this fix. mainly because id be irritated if I get ganked by a protected faction who will under your suggestion be advantaged by artificial balance. if they are outnumbered they are naturally going to be on the receiving end of open world conflict. instancing it will fk up the concept entirely, so again its a better idea to make it a neutral zone where ppl can shot rockets at mechs for daily bags in peace.

Edited by eldrjth