Solution to faction imbalance: Free faction transfers

deceptius

You guys should start allowing free faction transfers whenever it's possible. However *ONLY* dark side to light side, to help the republic gain a decent ratio.

I know this can't be coded over night but honestly now that I am a battle master I really don't wanna re-roll. Lots of people would do it just from pure PvP'ers perspective - I know I would.

Also, why don't I have my champion and/or battle-master light saber?

Oh wait...because it never dropped due to this genius RNG system. ZERO drops in BM boxes as well.

I guess the 4th pair of champion gloves will make up for my crappy damage as a battlemaster assassin with crappy weapon O_o

Firstly I must add that it must be VERY hard to get to Battlemaster as an Imperial ./rollseyes

./signed either way.

Um buddy I got battlemaster before patch...so that means I played probably a thousand huttballs to get where I am.. don't judge a book by its cover please.

Having 1 to 5 imps in some cases, I would find that it'll be more unlikely that some one re-rolls a character by every day, just due to the fact that people been working so hard with their characters.

If they implemented someway that they could faction change a characters hard work (Gear, Valor, Crafting ect) I'm sure many imps would jump on the republic boat. I know I would.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN this is NOT WOW

you have companions and story line and side stories blablablabla

And? Character starts out on their starter planet and has to do the class quest. Another solution is that the class story chain is based on the alignment of the character, as in dark side character obviously made the 'bad' choices and vice versa.

As for side quest they really mean absolutely nothing, just quest with unnecessary dialogue attached to them.

Free Transfers sucks more or less currently.

Empire players would roll and level up to 50 and farm gear, then switch to Republic.

I would just allow transfer of sub-50 people and closed creation of empire on imbalanced severs until the situation stabilizes.

Free Transfers sucks more or less currently.

Empire players would roll and level up to 50 and farm gear, then switch to Republic.

I would just allow transfer of sub-50 people and closed creation of empire on imbalanced severs until the situation stabilizes.

Not really if they allow lets say a window of 2 - 3 days to xfer and stop..kinda like wow did it with xfers. I hate to bring wow to this but it worked...

+Ability to buy Ilum PvP Defector item

+Huge Bonuses for underdogs, Uncharted 3 style Power Plays

It'd be nice to see people gain a bonus for temporarily swapping sides to the Republic to help them out of their spawn, then letting their Defector buff expire as soon as the sides are even or the Defector has left Ilum.

+Ability to buy Ilum PvP Defector item

+Huge Bonuses for underdogs, Uncharted 3 style Power Plays

It'd be nice to see people gain a bonus for temporarily swapping sides to the Republic to help them out of their spawn, then letting their Defector buff expire as soon as the sides are even or the Defector has left Ilum.

This is a really cool idea I won't lie, but that only solves things in the short run... If SWTOR ever wanted to fix the server balance for (Warzones) and Possibly bigger PVP events later in the future, they have to fix the server imbalance,

But kudos for that idea, First time I heard that one and I didn't smash my face into the keyboard due to how dumb it sounded.

Edited by KaiserMerlox

All they really need to do is balance the number of players on Ilum by faction, just like wow does with its pvp zones. Not something that will happen in the short term, but I imagine that is what will happen because its the only real solution for faction imbalance.