Allow faction transfers

plumpjksinnfein

This is exactly what needs to be done. Especially to the lower population servers. My server especially has (as people on our server has estimated) a 5:1 imbalance. This leads to hours of huttball (well not anymore 1.1 brackets killed that on my server). Let alone Ilum, that place is a ghost town with the exception of the people that actually grind out the dailies now.

This makes too much sense to implement. They want to watch Republic squirm.

Allow faction changes. Reset the story as soon as the transfer is complete. That way the player can experience it, and they don't have to a ridiculous amount of coding just for that.

This is exactly what needs to be done. Especially to the lower population servers. My server especially has (as people on our server has estimated) a 5:1 imbalance. This leads to hours of huttball (well not anymore 1.1 brackets killed that on my server). Let alone Ilum, that place is a ghost town with the exception of the people that actually grind out the dailies now.

Bioware likes to say three warzones exist, but if you play on overpopulated server hutball pops 95 percent of the time. I know many people that would gladly switch factions. I have no need to level another toon but I will transfer to my mirror.

This would solve illum inbalance, instanced pvp, etc..

I would go even further and pay for a faction transfer. So it's a win/win for everyone.

The game is horrid when the faction balance is sooo far inbalanced. Yes your game is bad when hutball is the only thing that pops and illum pvp is a 100 strong zerg chasing one republic.

they should just unlock specific faction transfers according to each server needs f.e if i server has massive amount of imps only Empire ->Rep should be allowed

Exactly. The problem is so bad right now that I'm used to fighting my own faction players more than the enemy. I hardly recognize republic players names because I fight them once a day.

My rivals that are developing are people on my own side which I fight many times in a day. Is this intended?

I am a bounty hunter with 56 Valor, in a great guild, and fantastic gear due to them. but If this option ever came up I would swap in a heartbeat. The game needs to be fixed. I unfortunately do not have time to grind up and get gear with a new republic alt (due to 6 classes of college).

I know people are like "They would never do that due to the story!" That could be easily fixed when they remove all quests and plop us down on the starting jedi planets and we'd have to do the story quests all over again, but it's way easier than getting back level + gear + valor,

Also, I would personally love having a blaster rifle instead of them dinky blaster pistols.

I am a bounty hunter with 56 Valor, in a great guild, and fantastic gear due to them. but If this option ever came up I would swap in a heartbeat. The game needs to be fixed. I unfortunately do not have time to grind up and get gear with a new republic alt (due to 6 classes of college).

I know people are like "They would never do that due to the story!" That could be easily fixed when they remove all quests and plop us down on the starting jedi planets and we'd have to do the story quests all over again, but it's way easier than getting back level + gear + valor,

Also, I would personally love having a blaster rifle instead of them dinky blaster pistols.

Dude, you realize you would have 0 companions, right?

People would not transfer.

Transfers are not happening.

Dude, you realize you would have 0 companions, right?

People would not transfer.

Transfers are not happening.

I'm playing this game for pvp. I'm even ok with not having companions until i finish the class quests. My professions are leveled, i have enough credits, and pvp doesnt require companions.

Companions are the least of my worries. I'm all about a good pvp experience.

they should just unlock specific faction transfers according to each server needs f.e if i server has massive amount of imps only Empire ->Rep should be allowed

This.

It would be nice to see that the devs at least care.

50, imp sniper, 57 valor

I'm playing this game for pvp. I'm even ok with not having companions until i finish the class quests. My professions are leveled, i have enough credits, and pvp doesnt require companions.

Companions are the least of my worries. I'm all about a good pvp experience.

Getting Companions is just doing the story quest, Not like Companions really matter, and your forced to get 1 companion before you leave starting planet. I'm 400 biochem any ways so If I ever needed something crafted, I could have my one companion craft it.

Doing the story quests off when I PVP I can do pretty easily, I mean, you can storm through the story quests as a level 50. =p

please allow faction transfers for out of balance servers. I would gladly move my toon to the other side if I kept my valor, gear, etc...

No offense, but this doesn't make any sense. If you are a jedi, you can't move to the empire as a jedi and it's the same if you are a sith or an agent. So it's not just changing factions, but aslo main class and Bioware won't do it.

No offense, but this doesn't make any sense. If you are a jedi, you can't move to the empire as a jedi and it's the same if you are a sith or an agent. So it's not just changing factions, but aslo main class and Bioware won't do it.

Mirrored classes. Makes sense to me. I could care less about lore or whatever else. I would like an even playing field for both factions. It isn't fun doing hutball over and over and it's not fun chasing someone with fifty other people to fulfill quests.

On my server the plague must of hit the republic because it is hugely out of balance.