Are You Dissatisfied With SW:TOR - Resubscribing? - Quick Survey

Xugos

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SSNWSDD

Should take 40 seconds to complete on a 56k connection.

Put the question to rest once and for all regarding whether or not the community is satisfied with SW:TOR, Bioware's customer support, FPS performance, and the game-overall.

I'll edit this post with the survey's results soon.

The survey just has a few quick questions asking you to rate a few fundamental pillars of SW:TOR and Bioware's service pertaining to it. With some concrete data, we can finally use some real information while discussing these things on the forum.

The data collection process is not complete yet, but thus far the repsonses are overwhelmingly unanimous. Unanimous for which verdict? I'll reveal that in 4 minutes.

Feel free to elaborate on your responses in this thread - and for the love of God, let's not begin a flame war.

Edited by Xugos

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When can we see the results

Well, surprisingly, tons of people are participating, and I'm already at 94 participants. I'll post it at approximately 205 participants, but since so many people are taking it, I'll post them in 5 minutes and see how many we get. My estimate is ~1000 respondents.

Edited by Xugos

I don't understand your methodology, Xugos. You've made it vehemently clear on both these forums and the WoW forums that the game is a cesspool of Star Wars fanboyism, what are you out to prove? That angry customers are more vocal than customers who enjoy themselves?

I don't understand your methodology, Xugos. You've made it vehemently clear on both these forums and the WoW forums that the game is a cesspool of Star Wars fanboyism, what are you out to prove? That angry customers are more vocal than customers who enjoy themselves?

I'm trying to collect data to see how the community actually feels. The forums are an accurate sample size of the community.

I responded. To prevent people from accusing you of making up stats, I'd recommend just putting up screenshots of the results. Not trying to help you make a case, just want to get all the immature attacking out of the way first so we can constructively discuss the results.

I'll just make it so the results are available to everyone. I just have to toggle it at the survey site.

I'm not interested in lying to prove a point. I want real data.

I'm trying to collect data to see how the community actually feels. The forums are an accurate sample size of the community.

I'd argue that. I wouldn't put too much stock in the population here representing anything about the general playerbase.

The people who hang out on forums and the people in-game are very different types of people. But you should get a decent sample of forumgoers. Beyond that, I wouldn't read into it too much.

I'll just make it so the results are available to everyone. I just have to toggle it at the survey site.

I'm not interested in lying to prove a point. I want real data.

I would add a disclaimer that forums are nearly always skewed toward the negative opinion to some extent. http://sloanreview.mit.edu/improvisations/2011/10/21/psychology-of-blog-comments-the-tyranny-of-the-vocal-minority/#.Txjuf6VPsUU

That doesn't mean ignore the results, that means don't project these results onto every single person who plays.

include a don't know or a n/a option to your 1-4 options.. three questions I can't answer atm. otherwise your narrow 'community' poll will be even narrower or fudged.. :(

I'll make it optional to answer the questions that require a higher level.

Give me a second.

include a don't know or a n/a option to your 1-4 options.. three questions I can't answer atm. otherwise your narrow 'community' poll will be even narrower or fudged.. :(

Alright, I changed it. You should be able to skip the end-game question now.

I'd argue that. I wouldn't put too much stock in the population here representing anything about the general playerbase.

The people who hang out on forums and the people in-game are very different types of people. But you should get a decent sample of forumgoers. Beyond that, I wouldn't read into it too much.

The people who regularly post on the forums are a different breed from those who regularly play. The ones who regularly VIEW the forums, however, are not.

When fans of this game are at work/school/outside and unable to play, they generally gravitate towards that game's respective forums to pass some time.

I would add a disclaimer that forums are nearly always skewed toward the negative opinion to some extent. http://sloanreview.mit.edu/improvisations/2011/10/21/psychology-of-blog-comments-the-tyranny-of-the-vocal-minority/#.Txjuf6VPsUU

That doesn't mean ignore the results, that means don't project these results onto every single person who plays.

Comments vs viewership. Comments might represent the negative portion of the community, but the viewership does not.

Everyone knows the forums are full of whiners and complainers, and no way do they even come close to the size of the community swtor has.

99% of the community is busy playing the game, the other 1% of the community are here QQ'ing.

Comments vs viewership. Comments might represent the negative portion of the community, but the viewership does not.

Comments and surveys both would fall under the same category of participation, which lurkers rarely do. It is true though that individual people cannot make up for their lack of numbers with volume, unless they have 10 surveymonkey accounts.

Everyone knows the forums are full of whiners and complainers, and no way do they even come close to the size of the community swtor has.

99% of the community is busy playing the game, the other 1% of the community are here QQ'ing.

Care to tell me where you got those statistics?

Comments and surveys both would fall under the same category of participation, which lurkers rarely do. It is true though that individual people cannot make up for their lack of numbers with volume, unless they have 10 surveymonkey accounts.

I set it to cookie and IP address exclusive. The most you can vote is once.