James ohlen, read this.

glowingice

James ohlen, you say you always lessen to the community, Awesome! maby you can help me, Customer Service has given up on me cause they know there is nothing they can say, and they have to be careful to not say the wrong thing. and well i got them stumped, but i digress, the problem i have is a compatibly issue, for the past 24 or so days i have been trying to figure out why my pc will reset, hard lock-up, blue screen of death, crash to desktop, etc, i have seen it all. and i have updated every driver and ran several system checks stress test and hardware compatibly programs and CrossRef them. my pc is fine. it plays sc2 skyrim and mw3 just fine, i start up swtor 10-15 mins i get a crash. after swaping out hardware i have found that its my ram. so i did extensive testing on it, it comes out 100% 0 errors every time. as i new it would, i just got it brand new a week before swtor came out, i got it for this game! all i need (not to be selfish do to a lot of pep having crash problems) is for your software(swtor) to be compatible with

Brand: G.SKILL

Series: Ripjaws Series

Model: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

Type: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Tech Spec

Capacity: 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Speed: DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

Cas Latency: 7

Timing: 7-7-7-21

Voltage: 1.5V

ECC: No

Buffered/Registered: Unbuffered

Multi-channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit

Heat Spreader: Yes

on a more sad note, my free days end on 1/22/12. and as im sure you can understand i cant pay monthly for a game i cant play for more thin 10-15 mins at a time, from what i have played i have loved the game, and would love to come back, i will try to keep tabs on the coming updates in hope to see in the list *fix compatibility issues* or if i got an email to my unresolved tickets(last one is 7 days old still no response) saying it's fix.

but if all of this is to much to ask, then i am truly sorry. and i will be on my way.

thank you for your time and taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

glowing ice (aka Abram)

I know some people run the game with 4G, but have you tried running it with 8 or even updating your graphics card?

Because I can't see anyone running a higher end card but only using 4G.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you should have to do this when you are able to play other games no problems (I am in a similar boat with error 9000)

But by reading what you have posted it seems as though you really do want to play, so I am wondering if you are able to try and upgrade some parts.

Edited by Elgarr

:( just ran a test run after update. still got a crash. and to go out and buy more ram after just buying new ram a few weeks ago!, cant do it, after i ran the ram test and it comes out 100% 0 errors, it's madding to ask me to go get new ram. my hardware checks out, it boggles my mind on why it's not working! it's like buying a new car, and after a few weeks it stops running, you take it back to the dealer and they tell you there's nothing wrong... truly madding.

If you truly believe it is your RAM, have you considered monitoring HOW much RAM is being used when you are playing SWTOR vs when you are playing other games? I really have not paid much attention to how much it uses, but that could shed some light...

Just because one game runs fine, does not mean your system is completely stable.

Edited by Demalpheus

I highly doubt this is caused by SWTOR. As a PC technician the first thing that comes to mind is to take a look at the event viewer within your operating system so you can start to piece together the puzzle of why you are getting blue screens when playing SWTOR. Do not think for a minute that malware infections or a rootkit are excluded from the possible cause of a blue screen. Unfortunately there are many different reasons you could be experiencing this issue so I would start with ruling out malware or root kit infections.

*** DISCLAIMER: This is free advice from a working PC technician and you take responsibility for what you do to your computer and should use these methods or tools at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do to your computer. ***

That said, I use these amongst many other methods and software required to repair computers daily to their normal operating standards. If you want to look further into disinfecting your computer I would take a look at a helpful website that has guides for basic users, on up to professionals. The website I would recommend for this is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com. The basics of malware or rootkit removal (if you don't have another machine to plug your hard drive into as a slave) is to boot into safe mode with networking (F8 after mobo/bios splash screen right before your operating system loads). Once you're in safe mode with networking you want to obtain RKILL and TDSS KILLER as bleeping computer recommends in their guides. RKILL shuts down any malicious processes or services running and TDSS KILLER is a root kit dection and removal tool. When you run TDSSKILLER make sure you go into the change parameters option and enable the two unchecked options which are detect TDLFS file system and Verify driver digital signatures. After you run those programs, install Malwarebytes free version and update the definitions. Once you've done this run a full scan for all partitions, hard drives in your machine. There are plenty more databases you could scan your machine with but this should be sufficient for the purpose of determining if you are in deed infected with malware or a root kit.

One of the reasons I suggest to rule out infections is the fact that a lot of malware or root kits take over system critical files and replace them with their own version so as you can imagine this can be a major problem. Recently I helped a customer rid himself of root kits that were causing his machine to blue screen every time he opened his task manager. I hope this has been helpful to you and I wish you the best of luck with fixing this problem you're having.

Another note is if you want free help from professionals you can also browse the bleeping computer forums for the proper sections and post your issue and see if any bleeping computer professional is able to help you determine what the issue is. They are very thorough with troubleshooting issues you are having with your computer. I am not advertising for them but I do find their website helpful if I am ever stumped with a new infection or issue I have not seen.

The website again is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com.