The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

An (Assault) Vanguard's steps to 7-9 Medals per Warzone

obsidiankatana

Prefaced with me being level 40, two Light II trinkets from the merchant and a full set of level 40 PvP gear as well as a weapon modded to level 40 stats.

• Begin the match in Ion Cell, guard a melee class. Ideally, this is a Guardian or Sentinel as they have no choice but to engage in melee and in plain sight.
  • Through use of your shield CD and Adrenaline Rush, as well as PvP medpacs or dropping in/out of combat and using your self heal, get the 2k Defender without dying, 5k Defender, and 10k Defender without dying. I reccomend backing out around the 2k-5k mark, patch yourself up, and head back in for the other 5k.
  • Now, swap back to Plasma Cell. Demolisher isn't too tough provided you have adrenals and such, or just Surge and/or Power relics. Pop the adrenal/relic, toss Assault Plastique, light your target up, and hit them with a High Impact. Might take a few attempts, but I've walked out of every warzone with a 2.5k crit.
  • You're at four, the next four aren't that tough. Killing 10-25 enemies may be depending on match length, but it should fall fairly easily if you make sure to toss an Inferno Round at every target you see. Quick Draw should come the same way or you can stack up your burst with Plastique/High Impact. Dealing 75k damage should be no problem.
  • That's eight. The ninth is tough, as usually it'll be Assassin. If you're hellbent on it, try to lure someone into a remote map location and engage them there. I sometimes get it just out of odd spawn timings for my team and the enemy.
  • That's a wrap. This, of course, doesn't count in Defender medals in Huttball/Alderaan, which will get you to 10-11. Higher geared folks will usually be getting the 5k crit medal and 300k dealt as well.

That's a wrap. Probably not the most useful rundown, and no, not useful for objective based games either (unless you're guarding the Huttball ball carrier, which gets the first three medals very quickly), but it will get you a healthy boost to your valor/commendation gain per match. Win or lose, 7-9 medals feels pretty good to get.

Edited by obsidiankatana

Personally I prefer to just have fun, enjoy and I dont give a rats arse about medals.

I end up #1 damage in 80% of the games Im in, or 2nd or 3rd, with medals from defending objectives or just from pure awsomness.

I almost never use guard since then I will end up dying, and then the team looses a player that focus entirely on holding objects, saving objects etc.

If I run with a healer I can.

Since asault atm I prefer not too but Im considering changing to shield, as I really like storm and above all, the earlier delay issues I had, have been, if not fully, so pretty close to fixed.

I usually end up with a heap of medals but sure, guarding someone seems like an interesting idea.

Honestly, to earn warzone comedations in SWTOR is already very easy and fast, and I really like that idea, it takes 0 time to get armor and weapons compared to other games such as wow, war, rift etc.

I prefer to use Neural Surge and Sonic Round to get my 2k/5k defender medals.

This. This is how you SHOULD get them as a ranged dps vanguard.

And even as a shield spec you should use this on your cds available cause it saves ALOT of people.

Again, I dont care if it nets me a bonus. Saving some guy from being killed by using neural surge, wait 5 seconds then harpoon pull and cryo him...that alone is satisfaction enough.

If you dont start to remove your eyes from the stat peddling and medals you will tire fast in pvp.

Play for fun. When you are having the most fun and performing your best, those medals comes automatically without even thinking how to maximize them. But above all, you will have longevity in your game life as you play to enjoy, not play to get something better.

You see many people that once they have all they can get they move on, they get tired, they finish. Those are the ones that just have one goal. To win the end price.

Those that have one goal: To have fun: They remain, and often tends to be among the more hardcore pvpers out there with the skills necessary.

I have played with a ton of extremly good players.

The best players out there, are the ones who always have a smile on their face and laugh when an operative climbs up to them and just smash them to pieaces.

Over and out.

Personally I prefer to just have fun, enjoy and I dont give a rats arse about medals.

Agreed. Medals are a bonus but not something I work towards. My priority is Fun, Winning, Medals, MVP (because i have no clue what goes through peoples minds when voting for this, personally, i vote for the lowest damage doer every time just to make them feel better).

However, its interesting to hear how a player is being effective in getting these medals and I may look at trying some of the stuff out. My biggest problem in defender medals though is keeping track of the guy i'm guarding. Just not worth the time and trouble once the fights really get going.

Edited by origional

I end up #1 damage in 80% of the games Im in, or 2nd or 3rd, with medals from defending objectives or just from pure awsomness.

I almost never use guard since then I will end up dying, and then the team looses a player that focus entirely on holding objects, saving objects etc.

If I run with a healer I can.

Since asault atm I prefer not too but Im considering changing to shield, as I really like storm and above all, the earlier delay issues I had, have been, if not fully, so pretty close to fixed.

I usually end up with a heap of medals but sure, guarding someone seems like an interesting idea.

Honestly, to earn warzone comedations in SWTOR is already very easy and fast, and I really like that idea, it takes 0 time to get armor and weapons compared to other games such as wow, war, rift etc.

Now that we have level 50 brackets I've gone from usually being top 2 or 3 to middle of the pack. Most often I'm seeing Sages/Sorcs and Smuggs/IA's at the top.