Well im outty

Barracudastr

This game just doesn't feel like an mmo to me. And the mmo aspects are... well they are behind the times. yes the games new, yes other games didn't have them 7 years ago. But heres the thing this game was being made during those 7 years while other mmo's were making innovations and adding those "extras" There is no reason the swtor devs couldn't have added the same tools along the way, probably would be easier then trying to hash them in after the fact while trying to provide content and bug fixs. Its generally faster/better to do it as close to right the first time then play catch up.

And the game engine, the developer of hero engine didn't even want to sell it to them as it was unfinished. And it has many limitations and performance issues. I dont need to talk about them though because every other thread in this forum is about those issues.

Heres my list:

-Heavy instancing

-Heavy focus on SP content (space missions and the like you know stuff like that)

-Bad graphics, yup I said it bad graphics. World textures look great for the most part but my character looks like a paint by numbers. And shadows are awfully blocky. Those are things I have to stare at while playing and it just irritates me. Probably because I work in the CG field myself as a render/light/texture artist so I am nit picky.

-Story zones that have to be completed multiple times if your grouped.... I get it its for YOUR story but still more focus on SP its annoying. All the way to 50 feels like single player.

-Takes to long to get into grouped content unless your okay with standing in fleet spamming /1 for an hour or two. So lack of a lfg global channel for all planets or some sort of lfg tool that isn't /who with a comment is my issue.

-Unbalanced, thought it would have been common sense on bw's part to cap empire/republic as to not unbalance servers. I was wrong, have fun trying to fix that without forcing people to roll the other side.

-Bad pvp, ability delay, lag when theres more then 10 people in an area actively fighting.

-hutball 24/7 because of faction imbalances, nope I wont reroll to grind to 50 again as the other side. And I shouldn't have to. Bad game design should have thought about that in the 7 years they were making tbh.

-Travel, really I have to go all the way back to my ship then fly to fleet just to do anything really.... fleet cooldown has an unreasonable cd there is no reason whatsoever for it to be as long as it is. Good example is everything is on CD quick travel, fleet both on cd. I need to get to fleet.... i was out questing on a planet.... now I have to travel back to a point where theres a speeder, take the speeder to the main camp then travel for another 5 min to my hanger get in my ship, run across my ship go to the galaxy map click where im going. Fly there load, run back across my ship out the door... load.... run across another hanger.... it just is very annoying after awhile lol.

Theres more but those are the main ones for me.

Im sure they will fix some stuff but until then im done.

Im fickle so I might be back who knows.

Soloing is entirely your choice. My highest character right now is 42 and I have grouped the entire way. I'm just a tick from Social 5 and it's awesome.

Make a friend and make a deal to do all the quest together with certain characters. Why is it people need force grouping content (Eg. Ultra difficult mobs) to get themselves to group.

Oh and the fact that I see 100's of other players running around all the time.... Yes this is a MMO.

As for quick travel. On the security vendors you can but fleet passes that only have like a 15 minutes cool down or some such. Also why are you traveling to the fleet so much. Once i hit a planet i don't really need to return to the fleet until I've finished all the content on the planet. Also you can use the Flashpoint shuttles located on most planets to return to the fleet.

Edited by Sunglare

This game just doesn't feel like an mmo to me. And the mmo aspects are... well they are behind the times. yes the games new, yes other games didn't have them 7 years ago. But heres the thing this game was being made during those 7 years while other mmo's were making innovations and adding those "extras" There is no reason the swtor devs couldn't have added the same tools along the way, probably would be easier then trying to hash them in after the fact while trying to provide content and bug fixs. Its generally faster/better to do it as close to right the first time then play catch up.

And the game engine, the developer of hero engine didn't even want to sell it to them as it was unfinished. And it has many limitations and performance issues. I dont need to talk about them though because every other thread in this forum is about those issues.

Heres my list:

-Heavy instancing

-Heavy focus on SP content (space missions and the like you know stuff like that)

-Bad graphics, yup I said it bad graphics. World textures look great for the most part but my character looks like a paint by numbers. And shadows are awfully blocky. Those are things I have to stare at while playing and it just irritates me. Probably because I work in the CG field myself as a render/light/texture artist so I am nit picky.

-Story zones that have to be completed multiple times if your grouped.... I get it its for YOUR story but still more focus on SP its annoying. All the way to 50 feels like single player.

-Takes to long to get into grouped content unless your okay with standing in fleet spamming /1 for an hour or two. So lack of a lfg global channel for all planets or some sort of lfg tool that isn't /who with a comment is my issue.

-Unbalanced, thought it would have been common sense on bw's part to cap empire/republic as to not unbalance servers. I was wrong, have fun trying to fix that without forcing people to roll the other side.

-Bad pvp, ability delay, lag when theres more then 10 people in an area actively fighting.

-hutball 24/7 because of faction imbalances, nope I wont reroll to grind to 50 again as the other side. And I shouldn't have to. Bad game design should have thought about that in the 7 years they were making tbh.

-Travel, really I have to go all the way back to my ship then fly to fleet just to do anything really.... fleet cooldown has an unreasonable cd there is no reason whatsoever for it to be as long as it is. Good example is everything is on CD quick travel, fleet both on cd. I need to get to fleet.... i was out questing on a planet.... now I have to travel back to a point where theres a speeder, take the speeder to the main camp then travel for another 5 min to my hanger get in my ship, run across my ship go to the galaxy map click where im going. Fly there load, run back across my ship out the door... load.... run across another hanger.... it just is very annoying after awhile lol.

I feel your pain, and if it wasn't for the fact that I could gank people all day, I would have quit the first two weeks.

Oh good, another one who has been posting out of the world threads for a while.

See ya in 6 months when (insert whatever game) doesn't live up to your standards either and you end up back here after realizing it's the trendy game after all.

All I had to do was look at your posts made, and see you've done nothing by complain about this game for 30 days.

Edited by djsmileey

Soloing is entirely your choice. My highest character right now is 42 and I have grouped the entire way. I'm just a tick from Social 5 and it's awesome.

Make a friend and make a deal to do all the quest together with certain characters. Why is it people need force grouping content (Eg. Ultra difficult mobs) to get themselves to group.

Oh and the fact that I see 100's of other players running around all the time.... Yes this is a MMO.

As for quick travel. On the security vendors you can but fleet passes that only have like a 15 minutes cool down or some such. Also why are you traveling to the fleet so much. Once i hit a planet i don't really need to return to the fleet until I've finished all the content on the planet. Also you can use the Flashpoint shuttles located on most planets to return to the fleet.

Im not saying I cant group or need to be forced to group I am saying there is a large focus on not grouping and thats what bugs me.

I travel alot because maybe I dont want to quest for hours on end, maybe I want to go do some crafting buy some mats upgrade that stuff, maybe I want to run a FP or something.

On my server there aren't hundreds running around due to instancing.

Most planets are around 50 people prime time.... fleet has around 220. And out of those 50 or so people..... I normally dont see a single one out while im questing/gathering. So again there may be people there but the number is so small that it feels like your there by yourself regardless.

And its very hard to find someone that levels and plays at the same times you do.

What if I get home from work and the person i befriended is several levels higher then me... quest buddy is gone... im sure I could find another one but its kinda meh at that point because you will never have the same schedule or level at the same pace as someone you met in game.

These are just my opinions though on why "I" dont like the game no one has to agree or disagree with me.

Heres my list:

-Heavy instancing

Yep, "conveniently" another December sign up "quitting". Where have I seen this one before... Oh yeah, the other 5000 December sign ups leaving..right. But yeah, thanks for the update...can't say I care, will miss you, know you for that fact, but thanks for the update.

See ya in 6 months when (insert whatever game) doesn't live up to your standards either and you end up back here after realizing it's the trendy game after all.

All I had to do was look at your posts made, and see you've done nothing by complain about this game for 30 days.

And?

They aren't standards.

Just things I disagree with, theres nothing saying I will or will not be back. Has nothing to do with whats trendy and whats not trendy.

Yep, "conveniently" another December sign up "quitting". Where have I seen this one before... Oh yeah, the other 5000 December sign ups leaving..right. But yeah, thanks for the update...can't say I care, will miss you, know you for that fact, but thanks for the update.

So why bother replying?

I missed the logic on that if you dont care if you knew it was a quit thread why on earth would you read it (if you did) and if you didn't why did you feel compelled to let some random person on the net know that you dont care?

Kinda stupid dont ya think. Or did you just want attention in some form?

I like how I said nothing mean or rude about the game or anyone here yet I am being bashed simply because I dont like certain things.

Grow up.

You won't be missing the fanboys here, that's for sure.

And most of your complaints are pretty valid, some I don't agree with (well 1 or 2, the rest are valid), but even though we don't know you. Your voice will be missed.

Bye!

Did anybody say "Can I haz your stuff?" cause I want to say it.

Can I haz your stuff?

So why bother replying?

I missed the logic on that if you dont care if you knew it was a quit thread why on earth would you read it (if you did) and if you didn't why did you feel compelled to let some random person on the net know that you dont care?

LOL you're the one to talk about wanting attention. Try again genius. I didn't make the thread telling the entire community I am leaving and thinking they will care.

Oh one more thing to you.... I played Aion for 2.5 years that game was a flop in NA. So your post really doesn't hold true about the type of person I am.

Aion had good pvp and was fun for me so I stayed even though it went down fast.

So why bother replying?

Coming from the guy who had to create another "I quit" post as a cry for attention? Thanks for the irony, Mr Pot, though I know you're enjoying the fact that you're getting replies to this thread before it gets locked.

Please stop with the "I'm leaving" posts.. they have gotten old fast and no one really wants to hear it. If your aim was to give constructive criticism it could have been approached better.

Please stop bumping these posts, because you obviously don't like them.

:rolleyes:

Why aren't these threads closed as fast as practically every other thread? I do not want to know you are leaving, because I do not know you nor do I care what you do with your game time or lack there of. All these posts are the same:

I'm leaving blah blah blah

Then in response you get about 20 people saying "bye!" "there's the door ------>", "can i havez your stuffz?"

Is there any point to this besides people desperate for some attention?