Admit you made a mistake, apologize, move on?

Crowleyz

They did, the community needs to move on. God help us :(
Again, where? The only apologies I see on the Dev tracker are about pushing back the maintenance time and the forums going to read only. Where are these apologies people keep talking about?

Again, where? The only apologies I see on the Dev tracker are about pushing back the maintenance time and the forums going to read only. Where are these apologies people keep talking about?

So, I have to ask..... does the sand get in your eyes????

They're working on the issues. They release solutions with patch notes.

And you think even more communication on their part will result in forum complaints dying down????

L O L to that...

Sadly this is true, if they replied more, they'd just have their responses picked apart, misconstrued, and used as ways to vilify them more.

If Bioware had just done that, 5000 people might not have felt the need to post their own threads and these forums wouldn't be half the cesspit they are now...

Communicating and being straight up with your playerbase makes you popular. The stance you've taken towards your community does not. We're getting minimal amounts of clarification on issues that are of great concern to a good deal of players.

Dev Tracker is your friend.

If Bioware had just done that, 5000 people might not have felt the need to post their own threads and these forums wouldn't be half the cesspit they are now...

Communicating and being straight up with your playerbase makes you popular. The stance you've taken towards your community does not. We're getting minimal amounts of clarification on issues that are of great concern to a good deal of players.

Actually, it doesn't. The devs tried this in STO and were mass email and PM-bombed into oblivion.

The honest truth? I'm not happy with how Bioware handled testing and bringing out 1.1, and I've been very vocal about that, but the aftermath is about as well-done as it could possibly be. I suspect that apologies would be dismissed by anyone who is angry enough to unsub but would simply provide trolls with more fodder.

I comprehend, on another level, what you are saying. Certainly when I screw up with a customer I take the hit, come clean, and move on. But that is in a one-on-one situation in most cases, without having to deal with 5 people critiquing every move I make.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you. I just seem to remember the customer service and communication we always received from Blizzard, and this is a sad comparison to that.

Are you serious?

When I left WoW at Cataclysm, GM tickets were taking one to two weeks to answer, and most answers were automated.

When I started Warcraft, it took about half an hour for a GM to answer a ticket PERSONALLY.

I've had to deal with customer service here twice so far, and each time I was helped and my problem resovled within 10 minutes.

I apologize for having mistaken this as a thought-out post. By extension, I apologize to you for assuming that you were someone who thinks about stuff before posting about it. I won't do that again.

Thank you for your constructive reply, I feel honored good sir.

B) devtracker is your friend. Use it. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Hi there, I'm having problems finding their statements on current class balance and their plans for improvement in the dev tracker. You seem to have an uncanny skill for providing links, maybe you can provide a link to that?

While you're at it, I'd also like a link to where they explain the issues causing ability delay and their timetable for fixing it. Thank you :)

Edited by Crowleyz

They're working on the issues. They release solutions with patch notes.

And you think even more communication on their part will result in forum complaints dying down????

L O L to that...

the same patches that introduce more major issues like the action bar mess and ilum fiasco?