In a magic perfect world, How would you launch an MMO?

Celestry

I would go for a staggering approach spread over 2-3 days while rolling invites 24/7.

I would also.

- Split the US from the EU with the waves.

-Allow the waves during different time zones, say US morning and EU morning.

-Separate EU English invites from German and French.

-Not use any marketing tricks like 'you may' or toy around with the costumer.

Be honest and straight forward even if you messed up.

This will get you more respect from the community.

- Have a cheerful mod talking on the forums.

- Don't ever insult your costumer annoying as they can get.

- Make an unofficial server like a Italian one (better to do this than let them target a realm and wreck it)

- Have Spanish and Russian servers (maybe Italian)

Note: Sure you might have some Germans play on a English server and some people go to the US but these are the minority.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Having played EQ, WOW, AO and Rifts on opening day I can say that people expect lag, crashes and over crowding on opening day. Denying people entry because you have some unthoughtout plan is lame.

give me the crowded noob zones and the lag. If I can't run quests at least I can get use to the controls and UI. I can marvel at the hordes of people crowded around a overworked questgiver. I can explore the surrounding zones. I can take my time to customize my character. I can find SOMETHING to do.

With the current system. I can only complain and play another game. Bioware is a great company. I love their games. I disagree with this launch style though.

Greetings, all. We know that this is a subject everyone is wanting to discuss, and already have an existing discussion thread dedicated to talking about Early Game Access. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16764

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!