What race would you like to play in SWTOR?

grundles

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nautolan for me.

Yes please. I would also like to be an Ugnaught.

Just Kidding, I would like there to be to be Bothan or some sort of animal-like race. Maybe Cathar if it weren't for the inevitable flood of catwomen in Slave Dancer outfits.

Toydarian would be nice, although I'd only prefer a Toydarian companion y'know? My list is pretty much.. well off the top of my head.. hmm *points below*

Togruta

Nautolan

Kel Dor

Cerean

Quermian

Shistavanen

Duros

Y'know a full on cyborg wouldnt be bad, like almost droid looking but still human, rather than cyclops. Maybe like Cyborg Maul or really drastic like cyborg starkiller.

Also I really hope they eventually get it so Twi'leks can wear hoods, that'd be pretty sweet.

Wookiee.

Can you imagine the dialog, though? You'd select a response, and your character would issue a series of growls and grunts. It'd be like the Star Wars Holiday Special, only it would go on for dozens of hours of gametime!!! AUGH!

Ortolan FTW

But for real; Wookie would be a huge option. Ithorians were always a pretty cool race, as were the Mon Calimaris. Gands are fun, but not sure how helmets would work. If Trandoshans were brought into TOR, i'd completely re-roll my bounty hunter as a Trandosh. Those are the ones I hope to see implemented. And for ALL factions, not just faction specific >.<.

Wookiee.

Can you imagine the dialog, though? You'd select a response, and your character would issue a series of growls and grunts. It'd be like the Star Wars Holiday Special, only it would go on for dozens of hours of gametime!!! AUGH!

This is why they will nave have wookiees or Trandoshans or any other alien race that can't speak basic as a player character. Having the main character in a story speak only Jibberish every time you talk to someone would get old fast. It's the same reason there was never a book or comic where chewie was the main character, it was always han and chewie. Some people might be able to get past the fact that they have to listen to garbled gibberish everytime their character talks, but most (myself included) wouldnt be able to stand it. Wookiees are sidekicks (hence bowdaar), not stars. (sorry wookiee fans.) Not to mention the gear problem.

And I know you could be a wookiee in SWG and im sure you miss playing your wookiee, but SWG wasn't a fully voiced MMO, the voice acting, while awesome, does have the unfoturnate aspect of limiting ones options when it comes to playable races in the Star Wars Universe.

That being said, I'd love Cathar, Nautaulins(sp), Bothans, Weequy(sp) and Ikotchi

Edited by Numberjohnnyfive